FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Free Weekend Night (BOGO), Points, Free Card Night (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1867414-free-weekend-night-bogo-points-free-card-night.html)

Traveler Dave Sep 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Free Weekend Night (BOGO), Points, Free Card Night

Does IC treat all of these same when it comes to availability? I understand IC only requires hotels to offer 5% of their inventory. Do all three of these categories come from the same room availability? Does one take priority over the other?

Thanks
Dave

soitgoes Sep 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by delder (Post 28827226)
Does IC treat all of these same when it comes to availability? I understand IC only requires hotels to offer 5% of their inventory. Do all three of these categories come from the same room availability? Does one take priority over the other?

Thanks
Dave

Reward Nights and Chase Free Nights come out of the same inventory, albeit with a different rate code.

IC Ambassador Weekend BOGOs are not connected to reward night inventory.

scubaccr Sep 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by delder (Post 28827226)

Thanks
Dave

o free night certs (cc or other eg ihg given) come out of the 5% award night pool ... but only a subset, ie not all award nights are vailed to free night cert bookings

o amb bogo weekends do not have nything to do with 5% award allocation. bogo is priced out of non discounted full rate flex , but nights are limited and not available just because IC is still selling flex nigts.

Traveler Dave Sep 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks for the quick responses!

1 Attachment(s)
I know with points and free nights they can open up (assuming someone cancels their reservation). You just have to keep checking and checking and checking...

Is it the same with the free weekend night? I have put in the available Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun combos for both weekends my vacation will cover. I get the following message with each search.

Thanks again for the help.

shahr04360 Sep 18, 2017 2:05 am

Try extend the check-out date. Seems plenty rooms still available.

Roger Sep 18, 2017 3:20 am

The dates shown in post #4 are for a 1-night stay.

The free weekend night is the 2nd night of a 2-night weekend stay.

Traveler Dave Sep 18, 2017 9:51 pm

All I have to say is user error!

Thanks guys for pointing out the obvious! You would think a 30 year I.T. Consultant could navigate a travel website.

Amazing what results you get when you enter the two nights correctly.

Thanks again!