Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Intercontinental Ambassador 4000 points Bonus not available anymore?

Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze

Hi,

I was trying to book a stay with 4000 bonus point as an ambassador but when I click on the link of the offer https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...0-bonus-points
The only rate available in Rate Preference is Ambassador 2000 Bonus Points and the hotel I was trying to book (Hanoi Westlake and ANA Tokyo) only offer 2000 points.

Did IHG stop the 4000 points offer?
Also, if I booked two nights separately would I be able to get twice the amount of points?

The only time I was able to book a stay with 4000 points before, the points were qualifying so it was a great deal.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:43 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
The offer moves around certain hotels, for instance its Koh Samui this month.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
How would I book it then on the page on the site for the 4000 bonus points offer, the rate preference drop down only list 2,000 bonus points.

I've tried using that page to look at koh samui and wasn't able to find that 4,000 bonus point rate.

Also, I remember a list of hotels offering the bonus points in the past but I can't find it anymore on the IHG page. I'm mostly looking to see if either the Intercontinental Osaka, or the intercontinenals in Bejing and Shanghai will offer it since I have some stays planned with them.

Last edited by milgom; Sep 18, 2017 at 5:52 am
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:00 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
You need to book using the link off the Ambassador statement, or IKAM4 as the code.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.