Indigo Bali Seminyak

Address
Jl. Camplung Tanduk No. 10
Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia
Tel. +62 361 2099999

Mail: hotelindigobali.reservations [@] ihg.com

Link to hotel
www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/gb/en/bali/dpsin/hoteldetail

Breakfast is USD 25 per person, but was discounted by 50% for Spire Elite (Feb 2019)

The preopening thread about this hotel could be found here:
Pre Opening Thread
Print Wikipost

Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Has the hotel actually completed construction yet? I was there over Christmas 2017 and when I walked past the Seminyak beach I could see the front part of the hotel near the beach was still boarded up.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by thealphalion
Has the hotel actually completed construction yet? I was there over Christmas 2017 and when I walked past the Seminyak beach I could see the front part of the hotel near the beach was still boarded up.
I stayed in late November and the hotel had been open for a while although I don't think the beach club which is what I think you saw is open yet. Before my stay I was informed that the beach club (Sugar Sand) and fine dining restaurant (Salon Bali) were due to open in 2018 Q2. At that point they were still finishing some of the rooms as well. For what it's worth I didn't hear much construction and didn't think it had a significant impact on my stay.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Passed the hotel last week and the area next to the beach walk was still boarded up.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I stayed in September and the only thing not complete was the beach club at the front. You wouldnt even notice it if you were staying there.
Old May 27, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Any recent experiences for Spire on points stay? Upgrades still mostly 1-category to Neighborhood room or with luck to Oasis? Looking at a stay in early Aug and prefer a quiet room / location within the hotel so from reading seems Classic may actually be quieter than Neighborhood though Oasis facing "secret" pool could be nice IIRC. For breakfast, is the 50% off still offered as 25USD (assume ++) is plain ridiculous considering even the IC charges just about 18USD ++.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: Spire Ambassador IHG, Gold Starwood, Gold Emirates, Gold Etihad
Going soon. Will let you know if a few weeks. But I think this hotel will only do a one category upgrade on points. Thats still pretty generous compared to the IC. They don't give you anything on points.

You could always call and ask or try negotiating when you arrive.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by royalwifey111
Going soon. Will let you know if a few weeks. But I think this hotel will only do a one category upgrade on points. Thats still pretty generous compared to the IC. They don't give you anything on points.

You could always call and ask or try negotiating when you arrive.
Looking forward to the feedback also as I have booked for November. Not sure I want to pay USD 50 per couple for breakfast though when it looks like there are lots of places nearby that do decent food.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by strickers
Looking forward to the feedback also as I have booked for November. Not sure I want to pay USD 50 per couple for breakfast though when it looks like there are lots of places nearby that do decent food.
If you do a paid booking (per App) they offer you breakfast for USD 18 per room (max. two persons). On a point booking I would argue with that fact.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by denkigroove
If you do a paid booking (per App) they offer you breakfast for USD 18 per room (max. two persons). On a point booking I would argue with that fact.
Thanks, definitely worth a go because if not I’ll just wander along the beach for breakfast.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Originally Posted by demue
Any recent experiences for Spire on points stay? Upgrades still mostly 1-category to Neighborhood room or with luck to Oasis? Looking at a stay in early Aug and prefer a quiet room / location within the hotel so from reading seems Classic may actually be quieter than Neighborhood though Oasis facing "secret" pool could be nice IIRC. For breakfast, is the 50% off still offered as 25USD (assume ++) is plain ridiculous considering even the IC charges just about 18USD ++.
I stayed there as SPIRE on points late January and was upgraded to a sea view room (double upgrade). Hotel was very empty at the time as off season.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by shocky
I stayed there as SPIRE on points late January and was upgraded to a sea view room (double upgrade). Hotel was very empty at the time as off season.
Thanks, as it is going to be high season I'll keep my expectations low and assume I get what I booked and then be surprised if anything better is given.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: Spire Ambassador IHG, Gold Starwood, Gold Emirates, Gold Etihad
Just got back from Hotel Indigo Seminyak and loved it!
Stayed on points for 3 nights. We are Spire Ambassador. No upgrade as it was the beginning of busy season and the Eid Holiday. Honestly we didn't need the upgrade because we were never in the room.
The room is really big and everything is new. I liked that they had a big balcony with a comfy couch. They have a lot of extras that you won't get at the IC.( Nespresso Machine, Organic Juicer Thingy, when we arrived they had some cakes for us in the room ) Housekeeping was good... gave me extra stuff without asking. The hotel staff is friendly and smart, they don't look at you with a blank stare like the IC, they were very helpful in arranging taxis and reservations for us. We preferred the Seminyak area to where the IC is ( Jimbaran ). There is a lot more options to eat outside the hotel, though the few times we did eat at the Indigo we found prices reasonable and food good. Didn't take the breakfast option as we always woke up late because of jet lag. I saw it at the end one day and it looked like a good spread. They have a kids club with activities throughout the day, we did cupcake making and they were great with my young daughter. The pool is a good size but a little cold ( I think this is a Bali thing ). We would go across the street and have a drink at their pop up bar and watch the sunset. I think its the first place I've been able to relax in a very long time.

My husband and I like to go out and explore, so I think next time in Bali we would just stay at the Indigo and skip the IC. If your not as adventurous as us, then the IC would be a good place to use your points.
not2017 and thealphalion like this.

Last edited by royalwifey111; Jun 19, 2018 at 6:47 am
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:23 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
JUst got home from Bali a a week ago.

And also just booked our next trip for February 2019.

We absolutely LOVE the IC--it's one of our favorite IC's in the world.

But the rates of the Indigo have finally fallen to where they should be so we are thinking of trying the Indigo out.

The new beds at the IC in the renovate rooms are just plain uncomfortable.

We are going for a month and thinking of splitting the time between our favorite Lembongan Villa, the IC, and then over on to Komodo island area for a few days of diving and Dragon spotting.

I'm just not sold on the Indigo yet as they treat us so very well at the IC every time we go there.....

We LOVE the IC pool, as well as the fact that we can dip on over the walkway into the ocean on a non-crowded beach.

Any more reviews would be appreciated!

The Indigo's website does NOT have many useful pics of their rooms on their website.

Last edited by 355F1; Jun 19, 2018 at 9:31 am
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Walked past Indigo this week. Beachfront area isn't too glam but that's Seminyak beach for you.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:10 am

Just back from a couple days in Bali divided over IC and Indigo with the later being needed due to some meetings etc. in the area and it beats sitting in traffic.

Unlike another poster I can't second all the fabulous experiences she had had. I'd never chose the Indigo over the IC unless needed to be around there. Don't like Seminyak area though again that's a personal preference. Beach club and actual beach area are nothing compared to IC, but the hotel did best they could in my book.

Property is nice, new and somewhat hip, no complaints there. Certainly nicely done for the lot / plot of land they had to work with. Rooms are modern, well done so fine, no issues. Some may miss a bathtub, only available for certain suites and villas. Btw, part of one wing (next to main pool towards beach Club) is not opened yet. Apparently it is ready (aside from a good cleaning), but they need to work out room categories and prices. Also the two bedroom villas aren't done yet. Just FYI.

Received upgrade to Seabreeze Room as Spire (very nice, much appreciated) which is very aptly named as Seaview would be a gross overstatement. You barely see a sliver of beach / ocean from those rooms on the highest floor. Okay for me, but I heard some exchanges with other guests who were disappointed for paying a lot and not getting what they thought would be a nice ocean view. YMMV.

Breakfast is 25USD++ so considering 21% in Bali it is over 30$ which is way too much. Even the IC "only" charges ~18USD++ (250k IDR) and is still better in my book offering wise. Quality is good at Indigo too though. IHG Elites get 30% off if that is any consolation.

Spa is another vastly overpriced venue. Not comparing to outside places, but a 60min massage costs 1.2m IDR at Indigo and 650k IDR at the IC Bali, go figure? Nice facilities at Indigo though, no complaints there.

Lastly, unlike the other poster, transport was a messy affair. The hotel does not permit Grab (like Uber) to pick up inside so you need to go outside. Drop off inside hotel lobby area works as they wont know (no stickers or so in Indonesia showing it is a private hire car). Fine, but I think it is silly as a policy as IC Bali and HIs also permit them, but their call. Of course nothing explained to guest upon check in and nothing documented. Staff were evasive / didnt have answers when queried as to the rationales of this apparent policy vs. other IHG properties in Bali (again not comparing to outside).

However, only options offered to us were hotel cars (nice, but much higher priced and not sensible for shorter trips) or "local transport" which were private cars driven by locals ( my question about the passenger insurance couldn't be answered). Metered taxis were never available and requests were met with resistance by car / bell hop desk. Guests were told to walk to the main road and flag a cab down there. WTH?

We just booked BlueBird from the app for hotel pick up and called down to give the cab number which worked fine. While I can appreciate the local dynamics in play with regards to car hire firms like Grab and Uber (btw. Grab acquired Uber's operations in SE Asia) proper metered taxis should be made more easily available. Right now this looks more like a transport racket of old days and is unworthy of an IHG property. YMMV
not2017 likes this.

Last edited by demue; Aug 12, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.