Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by hoangb
Mmm. I don't think so. While I am new to IHG promo, by no means am I new to promos and their T&C's language. Here is what it says:Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 5,000 bonus points.

Also, my two stays at the same hotel were not consecutive. Indeed, I had one day between the two stays, thinking that this will count as two Holiday Inn stays, and it would appear as only one Holiday Inn stay, since it's not at a different Holiday Inn. However, the two nonconsecutive stays have counted in the Accelerate Progress, showing that I have achieved 40% of this goal.

While a novice, and I certainly don' want to sound like I know more than I actually do, in this case, I am confident that the 5 nights do not have to be consecutive.

Hummm, I took it as 5 nights in a row in one stay... which is what i did and it shows in my account, that is the stay that met the qualification... I guess I didn't need to do that?
I'm curious how does yours look right now?

Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:29 am

Stay more earn more does not have to be one stay, it can be split up. Quite a few people have targets of up to 50+ nights for that particular task.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Stay more earn more can be split.

There is a separate task for an uninterrupted long stay. Instead of Stay 5 night(s) it would say 5 night stay or something like that.

hoangb: Accelerate tasks can reflect a week after stay has posted, easily. If it doesn't for 2 weeks or so, contact IHG support. They seem to be used to IT bugs and normally will override the task immediately.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
hoangb: Accelerate tasks can reflect a week after stay has posted, easily. If it doesn't for 2 weeks or so, contact IHG support. They seem to be used to IT bugs and normally will override the task immediately.
While the specific tasks hoangb was asking about might post that fast (at least to the Accelerate tracker), there are some "complex" tasks that can take a lot longer, such as pay with an IHG credit card or use a specific method of booking. (These are tasks which require that IHG to compare completely different databases, which they do not do on a daily or even necessarily biweekly basis.)

In one recent Accelerate cycle, IHG didn't post anyone's "pay with the IHG credit card" task until a couple weeks after the promo ended! So they obviously only ran that "sweep" (of multiple databases) once in that case.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I found the credit card task posted normally this time. I'm dreading chasing down the 3000 points for the phantom October stay.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I found the credit card task posted normally this time. I'm dreading chasing down the 3000 points for the phantom October stay.
While in itself, 1500 points for paying with my IHG mastercard is not a lot of points to get worked up about, the fact that its holding up my bonus points ( I need it for 6/7 completed tasks) is a big deal. I paid for a stay using the card on 28 September and I still await the posting of the elusive points and the completion of Accelerate.

Another email to CEO's office methinks.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Offer website confirms 3 tasks were recently completed (one of which was completing 4 of 5), but points have not yet posted to my account. Any ideas as to how long it will take?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:15 am

Anyone have the link for the dashboard? It's not on the registration page anymore.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by ross11988
Anyone have the link for the dashboard? It's not on the registration page anymore.
If I were a betting man I would risk a few dollars on the first post in this thread having a link
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:55 am

IHG have manually given me 1500 points but that solves nothing as the Dashboard for Accelerate is not updated. IHG doesn't know when it will be. So my completion of Accelerate tasks - Dashboard shows 5/7 but I definitely have 6/7 - is delayed because IHG, after13 weeks of my paying with the Mastercard, cannot yet post it!

I have emailed the CEO's office with a screen print of the NEARLY completed Dashboard and await their reply. I guess it will be the inevitable Blame Game. "Not our fault, its Creation Mastercard's problem" ..... so I copied in Creation's Customer Relations Manager too. No way do I ever ring them. I have high blood pressure!!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:58 am

I just changed the url on the current 2018 one and bookmarked it
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by diver858
Offer website confirms 3 tasks were recently completed (one of which was completing 4 of 5), but points have not yet posted to my account. Any ideas as to how long it will take?
same here. I expect it to take a few days.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, IHG Spire
Usually takes 3-5 days. Though it occasionally took about 10 working days for it to be credited in for me.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by igc324
IHG have manually given me 1500 points but that solves nothing as the Dashboard for Accelerate is not updated. IHG doesn't know when it will be. So my completion of Accelerate tasks - Dashboard shows 5/7 but I definitely have 6/7 - is delayed because IHG, after13 weeks of my paying with the Mastercard, cannot yet post it!

I have emailed the CEO's office with a screen print of the NEARLY completed Dashboard and await their reply. I guess it will be the inevitable Blame Game. "Not our fault, its Creation Mastercard's problem" ..... so I copied in Creation's Customer Relations Manager too. No way do I ever ring them. I have high blood pressure!!
I have to chime in here that my experience has been completely different. A couple of promos back, the credit card requirement failed to post for me so I telephoned the service center. The representative understood exactly what was happening, and immediately credited both the completion bonus for the credit card requirement, and the (final) achievement points at the same time as one lump sum.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It looks to me like it's in the wiki (expand it; it's at the bottom of the wiki).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.