Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
I have the task of booking 3 stays with the app. However one of the stay did not post for this task (it posted for the other tasks). I did not take a copy of the phone screen when making the booking. Has this happened to others? Did they manage to have it corrected? I sent an email but I worry about the general reply ("it'll post - don't worry"), or that they say they have no record of that.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I think I've read in one of the threads that this happened to someone when hotel modified the booking somehow. Then they had to fight for it to post.

Luckily for me, the second app stay also posted succesfully, I still wait for the points, but the task is completed now.
So that means I'm done with Accelerate this quarter, no reason to pursue 3 more nights out of schedule for just 5000 extra points. Let's see what next round will bring.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I was on minimum spend this last quarter and not really hunting this round of Accelerate, but a couple of unplanned trips turned out and I could shoot in the requirements and fulfill 8/9 tasks after all
Only excption was the weekender...
Happy to get som 50k points for good burning next year!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
How do I view status now that the Offer Status section is gone from the IHG website?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
Anyone take a screen shot or received points for this challenge yet?

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Just noticed this one that must have been added recently:

Book and pay for 2 nights between October 1 and October 31 with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 3,000 bonus points.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Oh that's what the 3,000 points recently posted to my account is for (credited a few days ago). When I printed on paper my accelerate offers, that's how I see more monthly bonuses and, now that I look, that one. I have not received the Oct bonus of stay once and get 5K points which also shows up on the printed paper copy.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Steph58
Oh that's what the 3,000 points recently posted to my account is for (credited a few days ago). When I printed on paper my accelerate offers, that's how I see more monthly bonuses and, now that I look, that one. I have not received the Oct bonus of stay once and get 5K points which also shows up on the printed paper copy.
I think I have a severe case of the disappearing offer.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Go to your "My Account" screen (by clicking on the Name, XX,XXX points section in the same place you normally open the login sidebar, then theres a top menu under the black bar. Rightmost option is Offers. Then on the bottom you can see offers you've signed up to, incl. Accelerate.

On that note, I've now gotten my 35k points for accelerate. Let's hope something useful will show up next Points Break.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:47 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I just realized I'll have enough nights to qualify for the Stay 5 Nights Get 10,000 Points bonus which left me one achievement shy of the Achieve 5 of 6 Tasks get 27,000 points bonus.

So guess who's going to "stay" at the Candlewood Suites a mile from his house for 5,000 points and $35 tonight?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by CMK10

So guess who's going to "stay" at the Candlewood Suites a mile from his house for 5,000 points and $35 tonight?
You? LoL
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
My last stay is on 30th Dec 17 checking out on 31st Dec 17. Will the accelerate progress page will be available for some time for tracking.
Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Hi,

I am typically a Marriott Rewards or SPG person, so I have only recently tried to do the IHG promo. Actually, this is probably the first ever IHG promo in which I have participated. Therefore, I have a clarification question that perhaps some of you may be able to enlighten me.

For one of my offers, it asks that I stay at least 5 nights to earn 5,000 bonus points (Stay more earn more). Two of the first stays at a Holiday Inn posted and counted as 2 stays thus far. However, the third night at a Holiday Inn Express has posted on my activity for over a week now, but it does not show up as the third night stay toward the Stay More Earn More. Should I be concerned that somehow this stay won't count, since it has been about 2 weeks now? Or is it typical that it usually takes up to several weeks for a stay to have posted to my point/account activity, and then post in the Accelerate activity?

I plan on only staying the 5 nights max as I got started late with the promo and am completing the other two night stays as I write this. However, I certainly don't want my third stay to not have counted in the Accelerate promo (even though it is an eligible stay, which have already posted and I have received a night's stay).

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by hoangb
Hi,

I am typically a Marriott Rewards or SPG person, so I have only recently tried to do the IHG promo. Actually, this is probably the first ever IHG promo in which I have participated. Therefore, I have a clarification question that perhaps some of you may be able to enlighten me.

For one of my offers, it asks that I stay at least 5 nights to earn 5,000 bonus points (Stay more earn more). Two of the first stays at a Holiday Inn posted and counted as 2 stays thus far. However, the third night at a Holiday Inn Express has posted on my activity for over a week now, but it does not show up as the third night stay toward the Stay More Earn More. Should I be concerned that somehow this stay won't count, since it has been about 2 weeks now? Or is it typical that it usually takes up to several weeks for a stay to have posted to my point/account activity, and then post in the Accelerate activity?

I plan on only staying the 5 nights max as I got started late with the promo and am completing the other two night stays as I write this. However, I certainly don't want my third stay to not have counted in the Accelerate promo (even though it is an eligible stay, which have already posted and I have received a night's stay).

Thanks in advance for any input.
For the 5 nights promo it means stay 5 nights in a row in one stay.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by RedElmo

For the 5 nights promo it means stay 5 nights in a row in one stay.
Mmm. I don't think so. While I am new to IHG promo, by no means am I new to promos and their T&C's language. Here is what it says:

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 5,000 bonus points.

Also, my two stays at the same hotel were not consecutive. Indeed, I had one day between the two stays, thinking that this will count as two Holiday Inn stays, and it would appear as only one Holiday Inn stay, since it's not at a different Holiday Inn. However, the two nonconsecutive stays have counted in the Accelerate Progress, showing that I have achieved 40% of this goal.

While a novice, and I certainly don' want to sound like I know more than I actually do, in this case, I am confident that the 5 nights do not have to be consecutive.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by hoangb
Mmm. I don't think so. While I am new to IHG promo, by no means am I new to promos and their T&C's language. Here is what it says:

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 5,000 bonus points.

Also, my two stays at the same hotel were not consecutive. Indeed, I had one day between the two stays, thinking that this will count as two Holiday Inn stays, and it would appear as only one Holiday Inn stay, since it's not at a different Holiday Inn. However, the two nonconsecutive stays have counted in the Accelerate Progress, showing that I have achieved 40% of this goal.

While a novice, and I certainly don' want to sound like I know more than I actually do, in this case, I am confident that the 5 nights do not have to be consecutive.
it is not uncommon to have to reach out to IHG to make sure things post the way they should. Annoying, but that’s just the way it is. Looks like this may be the case for you. But they’ll tell you to wait 6 to 8 weeks before contacting them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.