Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
As it turns out, the registration points can often come through after some of the actual stay-related ones have appeared in the dashboard.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:27 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by martinrennard
Has anyone had anything post yet for the new "Q3" accelerate offer?

Nothing for me yet - not even

500 Registration Bonus
Register for Accelerate and earn 500 bonus points
Nothing for me, have had 2 stays - one last weekend, one this weekend. Should have completed 3 or 4 tasks with them, but it hasn't updated.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
nothing yet, not even the 1st til 2nd of September stay. but not in a rush.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by winkny
I don't know the corporate id code , i have the rate code which is IDP30
I know how to book with it on the regular and on the mobile site , but i don't know how to do it on the app and if it's even possible.
I asked the same as a separate thread but didn't get a response. I think there is no way to do that. It's a pity as it means using the app means not getting any discounts, eg the mastercard 20/30% off.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
My first tasks from a stay checking out 5th September have posted overnight!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by adobbing
My first tasks from a stay checking out 5th September have posted overnight!
Same for me, both my straddle stay and a subsequent one have ticked over the dashboard, proving just like previous promos you dont have to stay the night it starts to get it to count, you just need to check out or check in!

Completed stay at xxx 9/5/2017 - 9/8/2017

Completed stay at Xxx 8/29/2017 - 9/1/2017
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
We're a party of 4, booked 2 rooms for 2 nights in my name. Will those rooms count for 4 nights or 2 in this promotion?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sexten
We're a party of 4, booked 2 rooms for 2 nights in my name. Will those rooms count for 4 nights or 2 in this promotion?
Only 2 will be qualifying nights.
sexten likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
quick question.

I'm staying at a crowne plaza right now for 3 nights...company is paying for it, so it's being direct billed.

Will I get stay credit?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by markis10
Same for me, both my straddle stay and a subsequent one have ticked over the dashboard, proving just like previous promos you dont have to stay the night it starts to get it to count, you just need to check out or check in!

Completed stay at xxx 9/5/2017 - 9/8/2017

Completed stay at Xxx 8/29/2017 - 9/1/2017
29-1 counted for you? Interesting, because my 31-1 night counted towards the Q2 promo already, but I stayed 2 more nights after that - until the 2nd. Nothing has posted yet but I'm curious to see if it'll post as 2 nights (31-1 counting for both Q2 and Q3) or 1 night (just 1-2)
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by strickers
One of mine is 'Get an IHG Rewards Club Credit Card', the problem is that I already have the card. Any suggestions?
I posted about the same problem: one of my tasks is to get the IHG credit card, but I already have it. I called IHG about it just after the Q3 promo was emailed in early August, and they said to call back once the promo started after 9/1. I haven't had a chance to call, but today, I checked my Accelerate dashboard, and that task is ticked as completed. So you might check your dashboard to see if it's listed as completed.

Having said that, the "redeem for merch using your points" task is also ticked as completed, and I haven't done that one. I've had experiences in past Accelerate promos where a task is ticked as completed when it's not, then the next day it's corrected. So it's possible that my dashboard will be completely different tomorrow and the credit card task won't be shown as complete anymore. But for now it is!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sexten
If you are staying outside North America, I thought the second room is completely non-qualifying for anything?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Smiley90
29-1 counted for you? Interesting, because my 31-1 night counted towards the Q2 promo already, but I stayed 2 more nights after that - until the 2nd. Nothing has posted yet but I'm curious to see if it'll post as 2 nights (31-1 counting for both Q2 and Q3) or 1 night (just 1-2)
Yes the 29-1 triggered the Sept stay task as well as nights total.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bsdstone
quick question.

I'm staying at a crowne plaza right now for 3 nights...company is paying for it, so it's being direct billed.

Will I get stay credit?
I think it should as long as your account number is on record. In the past I have had a direct billed stay post to my account, even though at check in the front desk said I would not get the points.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: BA: Bronze, IHG: Spire Elite, HHonors: Diamond Elite
Do Reward Nights count towards Accelerate nights ?

Hi there,

One of my Accelerate challenges is to stay 14 nights. In fact I have a single 14 nights stay, but using points as Reward nights coming up.

Will these nights count as 'stays' for Accelerate ?

And these are over a Fri/Sat as well, will that also go towards my Accelerate stay a weekend chllenge ?

Thanks,
Roy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.