Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Should be 2 stays for you.

Originally Posted by htb
But you should probably check out and in every day and get your bill. You should be able to keep the room.

HTB.
Thank you.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:32 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by CMK10
Just booked a HIX stay from 8/31 to 9/1. I'm guessing the stay will count for this promotion, not the 2nd Quarter promotion?
Nope, that 8/31 night will be Q2.

Terms state: "Each Offer must be completed between 1 September 2017 and 31 December 2017(both dates inclusive)".
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Nope, that 8/31 night will be Q2.

Terms state: "Each Offer must be completed between 1 September 2017 and 31 December 2017(both dates inclusive)".
I disagree as he's completing a stay on 9/1 that was initiated earlier.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:01 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I disagree as he's completing a stay on 9/1 that was initiated earlier.
As far as I've seen, you don't get credit for the check out date, it's the check in day/night that counts on a 1-night stay toward the promo.

Checked my current Q2 promo and the qualifying dates listed are always checkin date based.

For example if his stay was 8/31 to 9/2, that would credit 1-night to each Q2 AND Q3 in my understanding.

Last edited by Tony300S; Aug 29, 2017 at 12:08 pm
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
In the past I've had a stay where I checked out on the day that accelerate started and it counted one night for that promotion, so staying 31/8 to 1/9 could count as a stay for Q3 . Of course we've not had two schemes back to back before so I don't know if on this occasion the check in in Q2 will take precedence.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:16 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Will the night 31st August to 1st September count for this accelerate promotion or for the last ?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:47 am

Will the people in this thread be willing to read the last 5 posts?
adobbing, Carel1, KMPete and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Have the Bonus August Stay points posted for anyone?

Only 2,000 for me but better I have them than not and I certainly qualified for them
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:45 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by 336
Will the people in this thread be willing to read the last 5 posts?
LoL, sorry, i was on phone and just scrolled down and posted the question :]
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Bloobell

Only 2,000 for me but better I have them than not and I certainly qualified for them
One person says he got them, but otherwise not that I'm aware of.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cln
Will the night 31st August to 1st September count for this accelerate promotion or for the last ?
All the times I have had a stay the night before a promo started it has in fact been counted in both promos if one ended just as the other started, having said that past performance is no indication of future performance so to speak, I have a stay checking out Sept 1 ironically.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

My August Stay points posted first, then the next day the Accelerate page was updated as completed
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by serpens
Since I can hit the 5 nights this quarter easily, I suppose I'll collect the points on this promotion. It might be different if my crystal ball told me of easier tasks in the future if I only stayed one night this time, but I can't see things getting much simpler than 36,500 points for 4 nights now.
I would do the same, stay 4 nights for 36.5k bonus points during this promo, even though it will make some future promos slightly harder. IME "slightly" means that instead of 4-5 nights to earn the lion's share of the points in some future promo you will be tasked to stay 7-9. That's hardly the end of the world. Maybe you can actually complete that many nights with IHG-- I have some quarters, even though I consider it my secondary program. Plus, there's almost always some way to stay 1 night and around 5k bonus points for it. Do that when the targets get too big for you and after another promo or two you'll be back to easy goals.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:27 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some

Not yet for me. T&Cs refer to allow 6 weeks for posting.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:07 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CMK10
Just booked a HIX stay from 8/31 to 9/1. I'm guessing the stay will count for this promotion, not the 2nd Quarter promotion?
Be sure to report back next week or so when it posts so we can settle this debate and use it as a DP for future promos. ^

That's assuming anything with IHG is consistent and uniform.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.