Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q3accelerate2017
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q3 2017 (1st September to 31st December)

Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
As long as your booking is for the bonus points package then yes, you can do this in one night paying with your IHG card.
Thanks! I thought so, but wanted to check!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
If you do a points and cash it should satisfy both of the above.
It probably won't trigger both. A 'buy points' task completes when you go through points.com on the transaction (I've actually accidentally triggered it by doing an airline point transfer into IHG on that site; did go back and buy 1K points after that to stay kosher) ; AFAIK, you don't go through points.com for a points + cash stay.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:55 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
If you do a points and cash it should satisfy both of the above.
You think? Anybody confirm from past tasks?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
It probably won't trigger both. A 'buy points' task completes when you go through points.com on the transaction (I've actually accidentally triggered it by doing an airline point transfer into IHG on that site; did go back and buy 1K points after that to stay kosher) ; AFAIK, you don't go through points.com for a points + cash stay.
I done a P&C stay last night to complete the current promo and it didn't go through points.com.

The ihg website asks for the card details and it's processed on there.

A line then shows on your account with "Points and cash" and a deposit for the number of points you've paid for and then the next line shows a deduction for the full amount for the reward night.

I'll be surprised if it satisfies a buy Points offer going by the way it processed.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Has anybody seen any details of the Accelerate promo for non US customers yet?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:07 pm

Code:
My Offers
1,500	Stay Once, Get 1,500 bonus points
Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,500 bonus points.
6,000	Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 4 night(s) and earn 6,000 bonus points.
8,000	Be The Readiest
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express hotel(s) and earn 8,000 bonus points.
6,600	Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.
2,000	Apply for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Apply here for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 2,000 bonus points.
15,900	Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 15,900 bonus points.
3,000	Big Apple Bonus
Stay 2 or more nights at participating IHG hotels in New York City and earn 3,000 bonus points.
2,500	September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 2,500 bonus points.
Can anyone confirm if the Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotels fall undel the Holiday Inn Express category in regards to the Accelerate promotion?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by meow4agreencard
Can anyone confirm if the Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotels fall undel the Holiday Inn Express category in regards to the Accelerate promotion?
They do.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
It must be my lucky day

I just noticed a "Stay 3+ nights, earn triple points at Holiday Inn Express" promotion between August 1st and September 30th (didn't see a thread for it, but check your accounts)

- My 6-night stay August 27-September 2nd will therefor complete ALL my Q2 Accelerate marks, two of my Q3 accelerate marks (two can be marked off with just a single stay) AND earn triple points.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Smiley90
It must be my lucky day

I just noticed a "Stay 3+ nights, earn triple points at Holiday Inn Express" promotion between August 1st and September 30th (didn't see a thread for it, but check your accounts)

- My 6-night stay August 27-September 2nd will therefor complete ALL my Q2 Accelerate marks, two of my Q3 accelerate marks (two can be marked off with just a single stay) AND earn triple points.
It's called Triple Points, Triple Pancakes. And yes, we have been discussing it for a few weeks. Triple points are just on the weekend (F/S/S). Double points during all other days.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Originally Posted by chrism20
I done a P&C stay last night to complete the current promo and it didn't go through points.com.

The ihg website asks for the card details and it's processed on there.

A line then shows on your account with "Points and cash" and a deposit for the number of points you've paid for and then the next line shows a deduction for the full amount for the reward night.

I'll be surprised if it satisfies a buy Points offer going by the way it processed.
I stand corrected then. ^
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:21 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
My Q3 bonus offer:
2,000 Stay Once, Get 2,000 bonus points
30,000 Stay More, Earn More
2,500 Corporate Account Bonus
4,000 Stay a Little Longer
1,500 Spend on your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card
1,000 Earn When You Redeem
6,000 Your Achievement Bonus
3,000 Big Apple Bonus
5,000 September Bonus Offer

Total 55,000

This is about half of Q2's Accelerate offer of 109,900 total bonus points. Even though I got 11 of 11 for all the points, and I am still waiting for the August bonus of 2000 pts to post, you would think the next offer would be even higher.

In the meantime, I made Lifetime Diamond last month with Hilton! Woo Hoo! 18 years at Diamond level per the message in the presentation box.

What this means now is more time to work on Lifetime Platinum with Marriott, with IHG properties to fill in the gaps for Q3 bonus points.

-outoftown
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:06 am

Does anyone know whether the Mastercard 30% off rates are 'qualifying rates' for the Accelerate promotion?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ffmuk
Does anyone know whether the Mastercard 30% off rates are 'qualifying rates' for the Accelerate promotion?
They have been for me in the past.
Sisosig and ffmuk like this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by ffmuk
How do I get this rate?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
How do I get this rate?
Raffles posted about it a few months back on his site.

Info is here

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.