Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
General Email :-
"SINIC Reservations" <[email protected]>

Pre-Opening Contact:-

Zak Muysken
Director of Guest Services

INTERCONTINENTAL SINGAPORE ROBERTSON QUAY <== Now OPEN, Oct2017
Pre-opening Office:
25 North Bridge Road,
Level 1 EFG Bank Building, Singapore 179104
Hotel Hotline: +65 6826 5000

www.intercontinental.com/robertson-quay
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Spitcool
thanks for the tips everyone, looks like i'll stick with tried and true IC singapore for my upcoming trip.
I'd have to agree. They're doing a great job at Robertson Quay, but even the "suites" are too small. Love the Club lounge, especially the outside area, but it's just all a bit too claustrophobic for my liking.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
I too, stayed here over the new year period for 3 nights. We had a river view studio on the top floor (those pics above are the room type). frankly I thought the room was just ridiculous. The space between the foot of the bed and where the minibar is is way less than a metre, probably 50cm at most. Too small, especially for 2 people. The only time I've been in a room this small is in Paris at the HOliday Inn, where you kind of expect it to be small anyway. I also agree with another poster that talked about street noise. 4am and people still out and about shouting, kind of annoying.

Club lounge was excellent though, one of the better ones I have been to - we did Danang, Ho Chi Minh and Robertson Quay on this particular trip. I actually quite liked the location of the hotel, lots of nearby restaurants and bars if you want to head out.

But overall not really IC standard. They can blab on about "intimate" all they like, it doesnt wash with me. This place will look tired within a year or 2.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Hyatt Globalist
I recently stayed here in the standard RA upgrade (cheapest to Club Studio). Agree that the room is ridiculously small, and the lack of a real desk makes working from the room uncomfortable and difficult. The elevators are very slow and leak water during hard rain.

The club lounge is open 24 hours, and is pretty nice, though the food offering in the evening leaves a lot to be desired.

It's also a huge hassle to get a taxi from here (and there is always a queue), so I recommend using Uber which worked well for me.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: IHG
I think many of the guests who've stayed here over the past few months, have likely done so just to try it out. I know that's what i did, when i stayed there for 4 nights over New Year. I had back-to-back bookings here and then 4 nights at the IC Singapore, where I've stayed several times before. I much prefer the older IC, for location, the size of the rooms, the pool, and so on, and can't see myself ever returning to IC Robertson Quay.
I think this is the problem that this property will have, going forward. Once the novelty wears off, many people will be heading back to Bugis.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:54 am

After a few years in the Middle East, I'm used to bathrooms which are 23sqm, not the whole room!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:49 pm

Any recent reports of IC Robertson Quay? Got a week here shortly. Always been treated first class (more than first class) at IC Sin Bugis as RA but curious were we are now with the comparison. I have no great issues with location, in fact just in from Clarke Quay doesn't sound too bad to me but interested how the hotel has settled now.

Many thanks
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If.location works for you thn the main thing will be size of rooms. The are small for an IC as others have reported too. No idea how they got away with that as the size actually is smaller than what the brand standard demands.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Any recent reports of IC Robertson Quay? Got a week here shortly. Always been treated first class (more than first class) at IC Sin Bugis as RA but curious were we are now with the comparison. I have no great issues with location, in fact just in from Clarke Quay doesn't sound too bad to me but interested how the hotel has settled now.

Many thanks
I hope you get upgraded to a suite so that you can tell us just how small the suites are.

i didn't try any of the hotel restaurants, but i heard that the steakhouse is excellent.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by thealphalion
I hope you get upgraded to a suite so that you can tell us just how small the suites are.

i didn't try any of the hotel restaurants, but i heard that the steakhouse is excellent.
Like it :-) .... yes rooms do seem mad small but would be surprised and a bit disappointed if we didn't get something decent suite wise.

And have to confess it was indeed the steakhouse (Wolfgang's) that skewed thinking some. I had provisionally considered Cut under the MBS but it's mad expensive ... good yes but a lot of cash. I read that this place was very well regarded and a more realistic price point all round.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by demue
If.location works for you thn the main thing will be size of rooms. The are small for an IC as others have reported too. No idea how they got away with that as the size actually is smaller than what the brand standard demands.
Location isn't a massive factor for me .... both are cool and in reality it's such a small foot print city that it makes little difference in real terms. Mind the walk out to the train at Bugis is excellent. I don't mind the slightly disconnected locations .... Festival City, Shanghai Expo, quite like them in a mixed up way.

The rooms do look crazy small ... style fine but very small. The Intercontinental's move into capsule hotels?

The lounge seems good. I may even split the trip across both to get a measure of things. And to be honest I hate to miss the opportunity to try a new location.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Aehm, to my recollection the prices at Wolfgang's were pretty much in a similar range than what Cut is charging. The Wolfgang also does not mean Wolfgang Puck as in Cut, but Wolfgang Zwiener. Just in case you weren't aware.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by demue
Aehm, to my recollection the prices at Wolfgang's were pretty much in a similar range than what Cut is charging. The Wolfgang also does not mean Wolfgang Puck as in Cut, but Wolfgang Zwiener. Just in case you weren't aware.
Really, that surprises me some for an IC that it's in that price tier ... a few flagship restaurants aside. I know it's not our Spargo boy but it reviewed pretty well.

Was at Park Lane Cut a couple weeks back and have to confess is first class, and back early July but the one in SIN was insane pricing. Worth to know that, thanks for the steer demue.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:27 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Any recent club lounge experiences?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Any recent club lounge experiences?
My wife and I stayed at IC Robertson Quay for 6 nights in May 2019 and loved it. We booked a Club InterContinental Studio (23sqm) and were upgraded to a Club Riverview Studio King (also 23sqm, but better view).

We absolutely loved our stay at the hotel. It is incredibly stylish and trendy. It was designed by some famous Singaporean luxury architect as I recall, but would need to double check.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Club Lounge. Breakfast had a decent selection at the buffet in addition to a menu of hot items. The staff was very nice and polite, but sometimes just a tad too slow... For example, when ordering breakfast from the menu, evening something simple like an omelette or avocado toast, it just seemed to take forever. Maybe I was too rushed, but at least it felt that way compared to other Club Lounges. The staff took the time to remember our preferences and by the second or third day when we came for breakfast they would ask us if we wanted the usual.

Afternoon tea was extraordinarily scrumptious. The brought you a proper 3-course set of savory sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, and deserts. All of it was very tasty and made on premises.

Evening canaps and cocktails were also impressive in terms of the creativity that went into each evening's special items.

The chef is very talented. We have stayed at 5-6 ICs with Club Lounges since then and my wife always compares it to the Singapore Robertson Quay Club Lounge (in the sense that these other ones just don't compare).

The Lounge itself is on the second floor of the building, giving decent views. It wasn't too crowded most of the time we were there, but there was a day or two when suddenly it seemed a bit more crowded.
wtcmor likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:04 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The InterContinental Roberston Quay is as of yesterday taking part in the government quarantine program for Singaporean returning from the US and UK. It's closed to regular guests, and all guests (including myself) have been re-accommodated somewhere else

Might be a month or so until it reopens.

Publico is still open to outside customers (for now).

--

Never posted a review, but this is my favorite hotel in Singapore, and now that I'm primarily here, I'm mostly living out of this hotel. Have moved nearby and will return when they re-open (and have been thoroughly disinfected).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.