Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
General Email :-
"SINIC Reservations" <[email protected]>

Pre-Opening Contact:-

Zak Muysken
Director of Guest Services

INTERCONTINENTAL® SINGAPORE ROBERTSON QUAY <== Now OPEN, Oct2017
Pre-opening Office:
25 North Bridge Road,
Level 1 EFG Bank Building, Singapore 179104
Hotel Hotline: +65 6826 5000

www.intercontinental.com/robertson-quay
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay -Master Thread 2017 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:21 pm

Perhaps they meant seating "inspired by first class airline (bathroom changing) seats"?
Alawyer likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Recently had a stay here (https://www.thealphalion.com/review-...obertson-quay/)

A few things to note to whoever's staying there soon:
1. Publicio restaurant is not open yet, only the Publicio Deli. Other restaurants (Marcello bar, Wolfgang Steakhouse, Ishi) are open.
2. Floors 5 and 6 are still being renovated and are not yet completed. Floors 7-9 are ready and all suites were fully occupied this last weekend.
3. They're planning to build something on the rooftop, but it hasn't started and currently it's empty. Personally I think the pool or the club lounge would have been better on the rooftop, as it has panoramic views of the area.
4. As others have mentioned, yes the rooms are pretty small. From what I saw of the floorplan, the suites aren't very big either.
5. Transport links for this hotel aren't as good as the Intercontinental Singapore at Bugis, if you're taking taxis everywhere from the hotel then that won't be a problem.
6. When I asked how much Club lounge access would be (as I was only in a Studio King), I was essentially quoted the different in room rate between Studio King and Club Studio King - S$130++.

I was comped a night because they cancelled my original 1 Sept 2017 booking, so I can't say I have many complaints, but I still have a BOGO cert and sorry to say I think I would rather use it at the Intercontinental Singapore at Bugis on a suite than here...
Alawyer and hclee01 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Perhaps they meant seating "inspired by first class airline (bathroom changing) seats"?
Wait til you see the toilet. Is that a closet for your clothes or storage for your luggage? Nope, that's your toilet. Hope you're not claustrophobic or if you're traveling with another person, they don't mind they you keep the slide open.

Still a bit bitter about my stay here but what can I do. This hotel seems like it was designed specially for a business traveler who wanted a luxury like studio to stay the night... But what the hell is this place being labeled an Intercontinental for?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Looks terrible!!! Area is boring as well - with poor public transport unless you know how to use SG buses.

Who is the property owner? How did they persuade IHG to let this be an IC franchise??????
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by thealphalion
Recently had a stay here (https://www.thealphalion.com/review-...obertson-quay/)

A few things to note to whoever's staying there soon:
1. Publicio restaurant is not open yet, only the Publicio Deli. Other restaurants (Marcello bar, Wolfgang Steakhouse, Ishi) are open.
2. Floors 5 and 6 are still being renovated and are not yet completed. Floors 7-9 are ready and all suites were fully occupied this last weekend.
3. They're planning to build something on the rooftop, but it hasn't started and currently it's empty. Personally I think the pool or the club lounge would have been better on the rooftop, as it has panoramic views of the area.
4. As others have mentioned, yes the rooms are pretty small. From what I saw of the floorplan, the suites aren't very big either.
5. Transport links for this hotel aren't as good as the Intercontinental Singapore at Bugis, if you're taking taxis everywhere from the hotel then that won't be a problem.
6. When I asked how much Club lounge access would be (as I was only in a Studio King), I was essentially quoted the different in room rate between Studio King and Club Studio King - S$130++.

I was comped a night because they cancelled my original 1 Sept 2017 booking, so I can't say I have many complaints, but I still have a BOGO cert and sorry to say I think I would rather use it at the Intercontinental Singapore at Bugis on a suite than here...
Minibar looks disappointing.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
anyone got an email contact for IC RQ? Would be good to find out if they are planning on doing anything up on that rooftop on New Years Eve, given we will be staying there then.
edit: forget this question, found it

Last edited by Susiew237; Nov 1, 2017 at 7:26 pm
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Susiew237
anyone got an email contact for IC RQ? Would be good to find out if they are planning on doing anything up on that rooftop on New Years Eve, given we will be staying there then.
edit: forget this question, found it
Try [email protected]. I'm also there over New Year (as it stands) but the early reviews are less than favourable, so may change the reservation.
Doesn't look as if there's a proper pool area, just a tiny lap pool with loungers for about 8 people...
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:21 pm

I had looked forward to trying this hotel. But reviews and photos don't seem to be very kind. Will stick to IC Bugis.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Modo
Area is boring as well - with poor public transport unless you know how to use SG buses.
I don't think it's fair to call Robertson Quay boring although it may not be particularly interesting for tourists as it's not distinctively Singaporean. There are lots of restaurants/bars nearby and many cater to expats. I think it's quite nice to walk along the river at night. I agree about the poor public transit although the Fort Canning MRT which opened last month is an improvement (10-15 minute walk that's very pleasant at night).
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gyuudon
Wait til you see the toilet. Is that a closet for your clothes or storage for your luggage? Nope, that's your toilet. Hope you're not claustrophobic or if you're traveling with another person, they don't mind they you keep the slide open.

Still a bit bitter about my stay here but what can I do. This hotel seems like it was designed specially for a business traveler who wanted a luxury like studio to stay the night... But what the hell is this place being labeled an Intercontinental for?
Room is indeed tiny. The whole thing reminded me of being on a cruise ship. As we walked down the hallway, I was struck by how close the doors were to each other. Club was good (Hendricks gin, Veuve champagne). But given the premium price (or 60k points), we would not stay here again. Room is just too small.

Pic's below are for a Club King Studio. We used Chase free night cert's and paid 130++ SGD to upgrade to Club.

As you walk into the room, you are basically immediately in the bathroom. This is with with door to my back looking from the bathroom into the sleeping area. Toilet is to my left and sink to my right.

The door to the toilet is the same as the door for the closet. The front door is just to the left.

Behind me is the toilet and front door. Shower stall just to the right of me. The bathroom is separated from the sleeping area by partitions that slide into the wall. This picture shows just one panel extended (can be pushed back 'behind' the mirror).

This is the sleeping area (with blind down). As you can see, the bed takes up most of the space. Just behind the wall on the left is a cabinet with minibar tucked inside. Above it sits a Nespresso machine.

Bathroom taken from the sleeping area. The front door is on the right. The mirrored door (with towels) is to the shower. On the right is the closet and toilet. There are panels (on the left) that can entirely separate this room from the sleeping area. Any service staff coming to your room immediately enter into the bathroom.

From the left, the front door, closet, minibar/coffee and TV, obviously. The in-wall bench is to the right of the TV and then it's the window.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:00 am

Currently staying here for four days before moving over to the IC at Bugis. First impressions:

Good

Staff already very competent and keen to help.

Great Club lounge. High quality offerings, good and helpful staff. Nice outdoor terrace.
​​​​​​​
Property is very contemporary inside and outside, with high-end touches in the rooms.

Decent minibar

Nice toiletries (read non-Agraria) in the suites, at least.

Bad

The "Quayside Suite" that I received is larger than most other categories at 36 SQM and well-designed, - I think the addition of a sofa at the foot of the bed is what they believe constitutes a suite, also the view is disappointing considering it overlooks an apartment block. You can just about see the Quay from the corner of the room.

Poorly sound-proofed, can hear considerable street noise from the sixth floor in what is actually a very quiet area.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:39 am

I find it very surprising that they made the rooms so tiny in an area of Singapore which is neither a business (i.e. Downtown/CBD) or shopping (i.e. Orchard Road) hotspot - other than being brand new, what is the attraction of having to essentially stay in a broom cupboard, in an area of town where you will have to get an Uber everywhere?

The Warehouse Hotel (which is just across the bridge from the IC) has the same issue in terms of location, but at least the rooms above the lowest category are bigger and the place is quite clearly a boutique hotel, rather than being aimed at mainstream demand.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
I find it very surprising that they made the rooms so tiny in an area of Singapore which is neither a business (i.e. Downtown/CBD) or shopping (i.e. Orchard Road) hotspot - other than being brand new, what is the attraction of having to essentially stay in a broom cupboard, in an area of town where you will have to get an Uber everywhere?

The Warehouse Hotel (which is just across the bridge from the IC) has the same issue in terms of location, but at least the rooms above the lowest category are bigger and the place is quite clearly a boutique hotel, rather than being aimed at mainstream demand.
Based on casual observation, it seemed that most of the other guests during our recent stay were leisure travelers, like us. FWIW, it was during New Year's weekend.

We chose it because it was new and along the river. Having stayed there, I definitely would not return unless I had a specific reason related to the neighborhood. Otherwise, the tiny rooms and relatively out-of-the-way location outweigh the Club services (which are quite good).
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:24 am

It shouldn't come as a surprise as to how small the rooms are. It's fairly clearly outlined in the room descriptions. That said, it can be difficult to visualise how big 18/19 SQM actually is. However, the rooms do become larger as you work your way up the inventory.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
thanks for the tips everyone, looks like i'll stick with tried and true IC singapore for my upcoming trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.