Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown

Daily Facility Fee of $39 USD + Tax allows our guests to enjoy valuable benefits like:
$25 Beverage Credit per day [Only for consumption of mini-bar beverages - not usable at the bar or restaurants]
$20 Laundry/Dry Cleaning per stay
$15 daily discount to Club InterContinental access fee
Complimentary unlimited Local and National calls International calling for up to 30 minutes
Complimentary access to digital newsstand with publications from around the world
Complimentary package receiving up to 5 packages per day (bulky items excluded)

Address
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown
900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California ,90017
Tel. +1-213-6887777

For reservations: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
7th Street / Metro Center served by all tram and metro lines

Pre-opening thread
Pre-Opening Thread

Lounge access (show to lounge agent - see this post)

Print Wikipost

IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by seat38a
While waiting in line, quite a few people checking into the hotel were not amused having to wait in line. Also, at the checkin desk, there was another line with no elite desk open for Ambassadors. I booked a club room so was able to checkin with the club attendant but for IHG elites and Ambassadors, its a complete CF.
Yes - this was my biggest beef with the place during my stay.

As for the elevators, I was frankly surprised they weren't checking keys or anything. This hotel is such a looky-loo location that you'd think they would do something to try and prevent random people from wandering about.

If you're staying, make sure you request the elevator for the 31st (is that right one) floor - it's the lowest transfer floor. From there, you can then take another elevator to the correct room without doing the transfer on the 70th Floor/Lobby
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Yes - this was my biggest beef with the place during my stay.

As for the elevators, I was frankly surprised they weren't checking keys or anything. This hotel is such a looky-loo location that you'd think they would do something to try and prevent random people from wandering about.
Unfortunately for hotel guests, the hotel very much wants random people to stop by and spend money in the bars and restaurants. That's where they get the bulk of their revenue.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:09 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
So it appears that I wasn't the only FT'er at this hotel during the anime convention weekend.

First off, I didn't know this was a "convention hotel." I didn't go for that expo thing. But, I learned this when I filed a complaint with the GM about there being NO plates out in the Club Lounge for breakfast. There were 11 empty tables stacked with dirty plates from CLub Guests who had finished eating. The hot food was room temperature.

They comped our breakfast down in the vastly superior buffet restaurant for our one night stay.

I was prepared for the elevator fiasco as I just completed a stay at the world's tallest hotel--the Ritz Carlton in Hong Kong, staying on the 115th floor.

They did upgrade us on a paid stay 2levels to a suite.

After dealing with the GM I got an email a day later offering a complimentary upgrade (in writing) to a suite on our next visit.

I guess we will give it one more try.....we usually stay at the Hotel Indigo and really love it, albeit they don't have a Club Lounge.....
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
Is it possible to park, check-in and leave my bags in the room WITHOUT having to pay the 45$ valet parking ? If so how would you do it, tell someone who's working there that your just checking in ?
My first guess would be a hard No. Since the lobby is on the 70th floor and looking at the picture @seat38a posted check-in can take a while.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63
Is it possible to park, check-in and leave my bags in the room WITHOUT having to pay the 45$ valet parking ? If so how would you do it, tell someone who's working there that your just checking in ?
My first guess would be a hard No. Since the lobby is on the 70th floor and looking at the picture @seat38a posted check-in can take a while.
In my experience that should not be a problem. I had forgotten something in my room after check out. I drove up to valet and told them I'd be only 15 minutes or so. I think it was more like 25 minutes total but no problem. My car was waiting for me right by the front door. This was early Sunday afternoon and not a busy period.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
I took the train into town so don't know. Sorry.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
In my experience that should not be a problem. I had forgotten something in my room after check out. I drove up to valet and told them I'd be only 15 minutes or so. I think it was more like 25 minutes total but no problem. My car was waiting for me right by the front door. This was early Sunday afternoon and not a busy period.
Thank you for a real-life experience ! I'll do the same
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:19 am

I took the train into town so don't know. Sorry.
Okay I'm planning on checking in , leaving the bags then go drop off my rental car and take the train back, just to avoid having to have the bags on the train ride from Santa Monica
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:58 am

Okay I'm planning on checking in , leaving the bags then go drop off my rental car and take the train back, just to avoid having to have the bags on the train ride from Santa Monica
Park the car at Union Station and then take the Red/Purple line. Parking on the east side is only $8.00/day.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:48 am

Park the car at Union Station and then take the Red/Purple line. Parking on the east side is only $8.00/day.
Great to know, thank you !
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:03 pm

Great to know, thank you !
Exit the 7th and Metro station at the Figueroa exit or else you will have to walk a block or more to the hotel. If you exit at the Figueroa exit, the hotel is literally across the street.
xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:15 am

I'll be staying here next month for a weekend getaway with the AMB BOGO certificate and utilizing the Amex Offer at ICs (spend $500, get 10k MR). Currently have a King Suite booked for $339 plus tax for the first night (second night free) and will have a car for the entire stay, which should put me close to $500 to meet the Amex Offer. Alternatively, I'm thinking about booking King Deluxe Club for $409 plus tax for the first night.

How's the club on the weekends? Would the 1 cat upgrade on the King Suite be to the 1 bedroom suite? Would the 1 cat upgrade on the King Deluxe Club (460 sf) be to the King Superior Club (385 sf)...is this right?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Would the 1 cat upgrade on the King Suite be to the 1 bedroom suite? Would the 1 cat upgrade on the King Deluxe Club (460 sf) be to the King Superior Club (385 sf)...is this right?
Here's the order of room upgrades:
(FYI they told me the club 1 bedroom suite is actually nicer than the hospitality suite because they're on higher floors)

King superior
King deluxe
King executive
King club
King deluxe club
Jr suite
Deluxe suite
1 bedroom suite
Club suite
Club 1 bedroom suite
Hospitality suite
Presidential suite
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdub26
Here's the order of room upgrades:

King superior
King deluxe
King executive
King club
King deluxe club
Jr suite
Deluxe suite
1 bedroom suite
Club suite
Club 1 bedroom suite
Hospitality suite
Presidential suite
I think your list is missing Luxury Suite, unless they did away with that category? As I posted above I was upgraded from Exec to Luxury Suite.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I think your list is missing Luxury Suite, unless they did away with that category? As I posted above I was upgraded from Exec to Luxury Suite.
They didn't mention it when I talked to them on the phone, and I actually don't see that category listed on the website (at least on the couple dates I checked). the categories seem pretty convoluted, though, so maybe it luxury suite still exists I'm just not seeing it...

Last edited by jdub26; Sep 26, 2018 at 6:08 pm Reason: incorrect information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.