Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Welcome Kit [2017 onward]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Ambassador Welcome Kit [2017 onward]

I just finally received my RA welcome kit after qualifying nearly 8 months ago. I had to call and request it because I don't think it was ever going to come. I received a letter several months ago explaining that they were behind in mailing the kits, so at that time they sent the BOGO certificate by itself.

I noticed that the new kits seem much cheaper. They've definitely scaled back the packaging and the whole thing just seems low quality. There's no more luggage tag, but instead one of those slim credit card wallets. I did receive another BOGO certificate which made me happy, but no 5,000 point voucher. Did they do away with the point voucher as part of the welcome kit?

Also the new RA membership cards just say "Royal" and don't indicate Spire status. I preferred when it said "Spire Royal Ambassador" because then I could present it at other IHG brands if need be.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I received my ambassador kit 6 six weeks after renewing in April, so I got mine in May. My kit included the membership card, luggage tag, BOGO certificate, and 5,000 point voucher. The packaging usually goes into the trash so I don't really care about the quality.

As for the membership card, it gets stored away to never be use. I have never found the need to present the physical card because the status information is already stored in the IHG system. Not to mention, you can always pull up the IHG app or add the card to your iOS wallet if you have an iPhone and present that instead. I hate carrying extra cards.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I received my ambassador kit 6 six weeks after renewing in April, so I got mine in May. My kit included the membership card, luggage tag, BOGO certificate, and 5,000 point voucher. The packaging usually goes into the trash so I don't really care about the quality.

As for the membership card, it gets stored away to never be use. I have never found the need to present the physical card because the status information is already stored in the IHG system. Not to mention, you can always pull up the IHG app or add the card to your iOS wallet if you have an iPhone and present that instead. I hate carrying extra cards.
Hmmm...looks like they're rolling out new membership kits then. What I got must be the new version. I sent an email to Ambassador Services inquiring about the 5,000 point voucher.

And I've never used my card either I just think it looks cool
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:26 pm

Easiest way to tell which is new and old packs at the moment would be by checking the free night voucher.

The new ones have your name on it apparently, the old ones don't.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20
Easiest way to tell which is new and old packs at the moment would be by checking the free night voucher.

The new ones have your name on it apparently, the old ones don't.
Yes I have a completely redesigned BOGO certificate. It has my name on it, along with my member number and a certificate number.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:34 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Hmmm...looks like they're rolling out new membership kits then. What I got must be the new version. I sent an email to Ambassador Services inquiring about the 5,000 point voucher.
Vouchers have not existed for several years now, its a code on your letter in the pack, easily overlooked.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
Vouchers have not existed for several years now, its a code on your letter in the pack, easily overlooked.
Unless they have continued the same party trick as last year. My letter had no code and it ended up I had to scan the letter to prove it.

You would have thought I was asking for 5,000,000 points as opposed to 5,000.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10
I looked but no code anywhere.

Originally Posted by chrism20
Unless they have continued the same party trick as last year. My letter had no code and it ended up I had to scan the letter to prove it. You would have thought I was asking for 5,000,000 points as opposed to 5,000.
I got a response from AMB Services and they also told me to look for a code. They then said to scan my welcome letter and email it to them. I said screw that and just called. They were able to deposit the 5,000 points immediately and told me it's a known issue with the code not being printed on some members' welcome letters. Maybe they're just trying to pull a fast one and hope that people aren't savvy enough to notice, or that it's not enough points for people to put up a stink.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Could not receive ambassador welcome kit

I could not received my welcome package. It has been 8 weeks. Any email or call number I can reach to fix it.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:06 pm

Im planning on signing up for the Ambassador program now, If Im planning on going to Cancun next month, will I receive my BOGO certificate in time? Im assuming the BOGO is not electronic like the Chase annual free night.

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Im planning on signing up for the Ambassador program now, If Im planning on going to Cancun next month, will I receive my BOGO certificate in time? Im assuming the BOGO is not electronic like the Chase annual free night.

Thanks
It takes 6-8 weeks to receive the Welcome Package and the physical AMB certificate must be presented at check-in.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
It takes 6-8 weeks to receive the Welcome Package and the physical AMB certificate must be presented at check-in.
Ok so then do I book 2 nights and present cert in order to not be charged the 2nd night?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Ok so then do I book 2 nights and present cert in order to not be charged the 2nd night?
You have to book through the AMB Reward site for a Friday and Saturday or a Saturday and Sunday night. Present the certificate on check-in.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
[email protected] or
[email protected]
you can send claim to them, they will expedite your KIT via UPS
I renewed my Amb. on DEC16, just received the KIT two week ago)
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:11 pm

This is what I have been told in an email:

After checking our records, we would like to inform you that your InterContinental Ambassador membership portfolio was successfully ordered on 11 June 2017 following your enrollment. This is scheduled to be dispatched via first class international mail to your preferred mailing address on file as indicated below upon vendor completion, which normally takes approximately 14 to 21 business days:

An address in New Zealand

Please be advised that the standard delivery time for all InterContinental Ambassador membership portfolios is seven (7) weeks from the date of vendor completion. As such, may we request for you to allow the membership portfolio to be delivered on or before the suggested delivery time frame lapses, as it has been successfully ordered and is currently in the process of being completed

A total of 11 weeks from sign up/ enrolment to receive my welcome kit which contain the weekend certificate? I would like to think that its time for electronic weekend certificate?

Currently sorting out a Plan B for a weekend stay in IC Los Angeles Century City mid-August which needs the weekend certificate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.