Is it ok to sell ambassador weekend certificate on ebay?

Old May 24, 2017, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Is it ok to sell ambassador weekend certificate on ebay?

I got two IC Amb weekend certificates this year, and I only used one so far, and have one that I don't plan on using this year (expiring 11/2017), so instead of letting it go unused, is it ok or is it against their policy to sell it on ebay?
Old May 24, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I got two IC Amb weekend certificates this year, and I only used one so far, and have one that I don't plan on using this year (expiring 11/2017), so instead of letting it go unused, is it ok or is it against their policy to sell it on ebay?
Nothing to stop you putting it on eBay.

Though I guess you are hoping your post will prompt an offer from FTers: if that's the case you should be using Coupon Connection to arrange ann exchange of some sort.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
What does it say on the certificate? Any verbiage that it is non-transferrable? Or that selling or bartering is against the terms of the certificate?
Old May 25, 2017, 6:19 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
These used to trade on CC for like 5k to 10k IHG points. Problem is that the AMB BOGO gets booked at rates higher than the lowest available, so seldom able to get an actual 50% off. So, probably a waste putting it on eBay.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
nope .
Old May 25, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
changing topic slightly.

This year they sent me an Ambassador pack and then as I got a late upgrade to RA, they send me a RA pack too! both with a BOGOF certificate...different reference numbers on them.

I intend to try to use both...hopefully it goes through okay? anyone have experience with this?
Old May 26, 2017, 6:02 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Lewis42
changing topic slightly.

This year they sent me an Ambassador pack and then as I got a late upgrade to RA, they send me a RA pack too! both with a BOGOF certificate...different reference numbers on them.

I intend to try to use both...hopefully it goes through okay? anyone have experience with this?
When I became RA with an RA cert, I had already received my AMB package then the RA package came. Both BOGO's worked fine. Also, traded with another FT'er for a couple of BOGO's in 2011 and they worked fine.
Old May 27, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rbAA
When I became RA with an RA cert, I had already received my AMB package then the RA package came. Both BOGO's worked fine. Also, traded with another FT'er for a couple of BOGO's in 2011 and they worked fine.
thanks mate, I'm going to go ahead and try it.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Nothing to stop you putting it on eBay.

Though I guess you are hoping your post will prompt an offer from FTers: if that's the case you should be using Coupon Connection to arrange ann exchange of some sort.
i thought they stopped allowing them to be traded on Coupon Connection a few years back?

didn't they get thrown out, way back, when they stopped the RA referral certs?
Old May 28, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i thought they stopped allowing them to be traded on Coupon Connection a few years back?

didn't they get thrown out, way back, when they stopped the RA referral certs?
I think you must br right - at least, i don't see any listed for exchange..
Old May 29, 2017, 2:37 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ambassador Certs are non transferable, and thus not permitted on CC
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:19 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
RA Referral Cert?

Originally Posted by markis10
Ambassador Certs are non transferable, and thus not permitted on CC
What about RA referral certs? Can those still be listed on the CC? Sorry for digging old thread but seems to make sense here.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:29 am

I'll take it. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:08 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EdV
What about RA referral certs? Can those still be listed on the CC? Sorry for digging old thread but seems to make sense here.

RA referrals have been inactive for years IIRC
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:13 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by markis10
RA referrals have been inactive for years IIRC
Even if one tries to redeem one from say 2005 that has no expiration date on it? I do still have one from March, 2005 when I was RA that I never used. I sat on it for a while trying to figure out what to do with it but now that I'm fully SPG / Marriott I no longer have need. I can't see how ICHG would object to redeeming a cert with no expiration date on it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.