Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by vsevolod4

If you're Ambassador or RA, you get Club Lounge privileges; a decent breakfast and evening cocktails.

If you're an RA and frequent stayer you get some outstanding upgrades (check the RA Hotel thread) -- this is one hotel where your A or RA status definitely gets you more.
While I agree the Elite treatment is good here, I didn't get club lounge access or breakfast on a 3- night stay last September. Still, I did get a great suite upgrade, to one of the corner, 2-bathroom suites. Very nice. And quiet--not far from Bourbon St. but far enough.
Old May 9, 2011, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
"Dump" is not the exact word
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12281971-post2865.html

But yes CP is a wiser choice for local atmosphere
Dump may be a tad harsh, but it's far and away the worstr IC I've stayed in state side.

I do like how you link your own review though...
Old May 10, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by milepig
I was not comped to club for my recent stay.

I agree. IC seems to be letting this property go down the drain - too bad, nice location but I don't see any updates in the past decade. Old, old, old. The negative reviews on Trip Advisor pretty much match my experience.
i have to disagree with this. our experience was completely different. stayed there last wednesday night before Jazz Fest on Sweet Dilemma certificate. As a Platinum i was upgraded (4 nights before i arrived) to a spacious 2 room queen corner suite. Given access to the lounge (I did not stay on the lounge floor) with a very good breakfast in the am (eggs, sausage, smoked salmon, etc).

Hotel was not in shambles, it was clean, no paint chipping in my room or the halls. Staff was courteous and helpful.

Hotel is geared (imo) more towards business than tourist given layout and lobby. We stayed the next 3 nights at the Roosevelt. The IC is not the Roosevelt but i would stay there again using a certificate or if the rate was attractive. My parents stayed at the CP Fri and Sat and it was a disaster the first night. Their room had ceiling tiles falling and water stained. They did move them but we lost 2 hours of our day on Friday waiting for this. No one should have ever stayed in that room. as always, ymmv.
Old May 11, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Neither the CP nor the IC are in "new " condition.

The CP generally runs about 30% less in cost than the IC.
I actually prefer it to the IC.

As noted, easy access to Bourbon street, numerous shops in the area, and a 20 minute walk to the Convention Center.

As noted, the vast majority of guests are there for business.
Be prepared for a loooooong ride from the airport to the hotel.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sonesta Elite, IHG Platinum, Frontier 100K
I stayed there about two years ago, and was reasonably happy with the stay as a lowly Platinum Ambassador. I'm actually looking forward to being there next weekend just to see what sort of room I get upgraded to in my first RA stay, and also the fact that I booked the executive room since the rate was so attractive for my weekend night certificate.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I returned to New Orleans for that little football game this past Monday night (Who Dat!). Anyways, I matched from Marriott Platinum to PC Platinum and upgraded to Ambassador. So I decided test my newly acquired status during this trip.

I was informed at check in I was upgraded to a Kind Bed Executive suite from a King Room with Balcony and informed I had club access. The room itself was fairly nice with decent decor, albeit furniture and fixtures were a bit older and definitely a notch down from the near by JW Marriott. Everything was in fairly good shape and the lady friend was definitely impressed with the upgrade and club access.

I didn't have breakfast in the club; however, I did some pregame drinking with a friend at the club. There was a nice selection of cold dishes along with two hot dishes.

Service overall was very good. A very lovely lady at front desk handled my check and also supplied me with an Apple Charger, since I had forgotten mine. The front desk staff also provided me several copies of The Times Picayune since I wanted a little momento from the night before.

Overall, I was impressed and would return.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:40 pm

Hotel is now going for $4,500 PER NIGHT for the Super Bowl 2013. Actually, it is about the only hotel with availability.

Interestingly, they also had award nights. I just booked 4 nights on Super Bowl weekend using points instead of paying the ungodly rate. The only catch is that it is only cancellable until late October. Obviously I will not know if my team will be in it by then so I will need to decide to risk it and go for the experience or risk it and transfer to someone else if they do not make it.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:19 am

I stayed in the IC New Orleans over Christmas and had an excellent stay. Rates were right around $100 and as a Platinum, they upgraded me, without asking, to a corner room with balcony.

The hotel certainly feels well used. The room was spacious but the amenities were nothing special. The gym was really nice and seemed recently updated. Had one meal at the restaurant which was really good.

The hotel is further away from the festivities (2 blocks) than the CP, and Marriott's, but street parking and garage parking was easier to find.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Hilton Diamond
IC New Orleans

Stayed at IC New Orleans during the NCAA Final Four. A word of caution to everyone... this hotel is NOT up to normal IC standards. Lets just say it's old and tired.
The staff and service were fine, so lets get that out of the way.

Our room was standard size but quite dated (circa 1980's?). The small bathroom had the sink area separated by a door which had the tub and toilet. The toilet itself was ancient and constantly ran. The ceiling above the small shower was a disaster (falling plaster). The beds were comfortable but the rest of the furniture was old and very worn.

Pool area and gym were small but decent.

"Pete's Bar" has seen better days. They close very early and without notice.
It's nothing more than a small sports bar.

After seeing all of this we did not visit the restaurant over 4 days and opted for places nearby for food.

On the plus site, the staff was pleasant and helpful. The fantastic location is the only thing that makes this place even worth considering. Hint, there is a Hilton right across the street.

Like I said, this place is not up to IC's typical standards.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Better bet is the IC propety right around the corner.

Same conditon, lower price.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Can anyone comment on parking options? I plan to get a car while in the New Orleans area, but don't want to spend $32 a day for valet at the property.

Is lounge access automatic for RA's at this properly or only when booked a club/executive rooms?

Thanks.
Old May 1, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
How about parking options other than the property itself? Street or public parking for a rental car.
Old May 16, 2012, 4:56 pm

Does RA gain access to the lounge at this property?
Old May 16, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by Motion122
Does RA gain access to the lounge at this property?
Please read the following thread for your answer:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

mxm135
Old May 17, 2012, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by MXM135
Please read the following thread for your answer:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

mxm135
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.