Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Any recent experiences at this hotel? I just became Plat Ambassador so I'm curious about upgrades and overall experience and if I'd be better off somewhere else? I'm booked right now for February. Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by xfire22
Any recent experiences at this hotel? I just became Plat Ambassador so I'm curious about upgrades and overall experience and if I'd be better off somewhere else? I'm booked right now for February. Thanks!
Ditto.....and as AMB, can you pay up to the club level on an award night?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: IC - Plat Ambassador, HH - G, AA - G, VS -G RJ - S, EK
IC NOLA

Originally Posted by Explore
Ditto.....and as AMB, can you pay up to the club level on an award night?
Even when I was an AMB I was comped club regardless of paying or award.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BarmyArnie
Wow, and this for 20K points plus $60 a night....does the club have food in the evening?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:10 pm

Astor Crowne Plaza

I considered the IC but ended up booking the Crowne Plaza because it has a better location in the Quarter and I read generally good things about it on FT. I am going next week so I don't have any actual experience to report.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:55 pm
TYZ

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, National Exec
Both are nice. The CP has a better location on the corner of Canal St. and Bourbon St., although the IC is very short walk away.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:56 pm

The IC is more likely to be available (even for reward stays!) during peak demand periods.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:57 pm
TYZ

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, National Exec
I should add....Happy Fat Tuesday!!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by brokestudent
I considered the IC but ended up booking the Crowne Plaza because it has a better location in the Quarter and I read generally good things about it on FT. I am going next week so I don't have any actual experience to report.
I stayed at both last year at different points and would return to the Crowne Plaza.

That IC is a dump overall IMO. Much better value for the CP and the location is certainly in the heart of it all on Canal. Amazingly my room was quiet as well considering it's location looking onto Bourbon.

The IC is only about a 5 minute away towards the Garden/Warehouse district though. I just found it to not be very impressive and I almost needed shower shoes in the bathroom it was that awful.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: All of the above
I stayed 2 years ago,however we had 2 bathrooms and they were fairly new and very clean. I think my upgrade was to a queen hospitality suite or something like that. It had one bedroom and a separate living room with new pull out sofa,bar area,2 baths and I believe it was a corner suite.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:02 am

after reading reviews of the IC I booked the CP, and was very pleased with it
see this thread also

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...endations.html
Old May 5, 2011, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BarmyArnie
I was not comped to club for my recent stay.

Originally Posted by bmccorm534
IThat IC is a dump overall IMO
I agree. IC seems to be letting this property go down the drain - too bad, nice location but I don't see any updates in the past decade. Old, old, old. The negative reviews on Trip Advisor pretty much match my experience.
Old May 5, 2011, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bmccorm534
That IC is a dump overall IMO
"Dump" is not the exact word
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12281971-post2865.html

But yes CP is a wiser choice for local atmosphere
Old May 6, 2011, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nicolas75
"Dump" is not the exact word
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12281971-post2865.html

But yes CP is a wiser choice for local atmosphere
Let me rephrase. As far as IC Hotels go, it's a dump relative to their other properties that I've stayed in.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Not really a dump, but certainly not the best IC out there.

If you're Ambassador or RA, you get Club Lounge privileges; a decent breakfast and evening cocktails.

If you're an RA and frequent stayer you get some outstanding upgrades (check the RA Hotel thread) -- this is one hotel where your A or RA status definitely gets you more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.