Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
That's horsecrap. It's never been the case. AND I've not seen any such statement in the Ts&Cs thankfully (it'd pretty much kill the accelerate promo).
I have heard that some rates discounted by over 30% aren't qualifying but that's not explicitly stated in the Ts&Cs either so might be total BS too.

I'd argue your case further if I were you.
I have submitted a Point Discrepancy claim. The previous phone supervisor claimed she will adjust Accelerate Your Rate progressive but nothing has been done.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
According to IHG CS - "Your Rate" needs to be a cancellable Your Rate in order to trigger this Accelerate promotion.

I stayed at an IC, booked Your Rate Advance Purchase. Apparently this rate is ineligible and did not trigger trigger Your Rate points. Other points triggered the Accelerate promotion.

Could not find any reference about cancellable rate in terms and conditions, neither can CS pointed out.
ADR, Flex, YR-ADR, YR-Flex are all Paid-Qual nights. Escalate back to IHG as you booked qualifying-rate called YOURRATE night.

As per Accelerator t+c's unless task is award/points/poiints+cash task, then night(s) need to be booked as a ...... "Paid qualifying Rate"

"Paid qualifying Rate" means conformation to
i)booked through IHG channewls (online IHG site, IHG App, direct at Hotel)
ii)thus bookings via OTAs, airline packages are non-qual stays
ii)needs to be qaualifying, non-deeply discounted rate which is documented as less than 35% discount, except in Asia where corporate rates exceeding 35% are still qualifying.
iv)basically IHG.COM rates ADR/Flex/YR-ADR/YR-Flex are all paid-qual rates
v)Most Corporate rates unless heavily discounted are also paid-qual rates.
vi)Special rates such as Airline Crew, Diressed-Passenger are specifically non-qual-rates

ps
Sometimes if you book corporate rates early weeks/months ahead at standard 15% off, then by the day of stay the nightly-rate is much higher, more than doubled sometimes, so my booking can sometimes look like > 35% off when rate was just 15% off.
Depends on back office staff posting such stays, sometimes I have to follow up in such instances as backoffice post as non-qual in error, though I can understand why staff think so at first look.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
My weekend stay goal was worded to require that the stay be booked during the promotion period. I had booked prior to the promotion period and did not rebook because I could no longer get an acceptable rate. Just a few days ago, that achievement showed up in my Accelerate as completed.
Today I find I earned the points for weekend stay which is worded to require booking during promotion period. My stay was under BOGO rate and booking was made prior to the promotion, as I posted earlier. Thanks again for the information.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:36 am

Quick question that I don't think has been asked before.

My complete x of y bonus is quite hefty at 31k and my only remaining task is book a bonus points package (another 3.6k). I work in the hotel industry and know that the bonus points packages are based of the best-flexible rate and as my dates of travel are normally fixed the advanced deposit rate is so much better (advanced deposit + purchasing the points < points package). So I was thinking I could do the following.

Making a booking in China and stating that I would be arriving in the early hours of the morning and that I would need to be pre-reigistered (booking checked in prior to arriving) with no intention of ever turning up. It would be the same as purchasing 35600 points for approx A$50 (31k + 3.6k +1k package).

Morals aside, plausible?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by compromised_au
Quick question that I don't think has been asked before.

My complete x of y bonus is quite hefty at 31k and my only remaining task is book a bonus points package (another 3.6k). I work in the hotel industry and know that the bonus points packages are based of the best-flexible rate and as my dates of travel are normally fixed the advanced deposit rate is so much better (advanced deposit + purchasing the points < points package). So I was thinking I could do the following.

Making a booking in China and stating that I would be arriving in the early hours of the morning and that I would need to be pre-reigistered (booking checked in prior to arriving) with no intention of ever turning up. It would be the same as purchasing 35600 points for approx A$50 (31k + 3.6k +1k package).

Morals aside, plausible?
Chinese hotels are required to physically scan your passport, visa page and entry stamp. You have to be in that hotel to check-in or your stay is cancelled.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:16 am

Achievement Bonus Terms

I was expecting to get the achievement bonus from my 2 stays for completing 3 of 4 offers, and I have done so, but the offer for early stay does not count toward it. It is only for completing all 3 of 3 specific offers: stay once, pay with IHG card and stay 5 nights and I am shown as only having completed 67%. Very deceptive the way it is presented on the offer page. Have others had the same or is it a glitch in how it is presented on the website and I may still earn the achievement bonus? Mine is 26,000 points so pretty large to be losing out on.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by dldkjones
I was expecting to get the achievement bonus from my 2 stays for completing 3 of 4 offers, and I have done so, but the offer for early stay does not count toward it. It is only for completing all 3 of 3 specific offers: stay once, pay with IHG card and stay 5 nights and I am shown as only having completed 67%. Very deceptive the way it is presented on the offer page. Have others had the same or is it a glitch in how it is presented on the website and I may still earn the achievement bonus? Mine is 26,000 points so pretty large to be losing out on.
I'm pretty sure that early stay bonus has never been part of the "complete x of y offers" threshold bonus in any of the preceding Accelerate promos.

On the Accelerate offer screen, all the achievements (excluding the early stay) are all shaded in grey, and it's fairly obvious to me (at least) that the "complete x of y offers" is only intended to cover those achievements in grey, not the least because the "y" corresponds to the number of grey items on the list.

I do appreciate that it would have been better if the T&C made this clear, but it made sense to me just by looking at it logically.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FL390
Collect a total of 53,000 bonus points.
  • 2,500 Stay overnight and collect 2,500 points
  • 22,000 Book 11 nights, earn 22,000 bonus points and get a big step closer to your desired premium.
  • 5,600 Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel (s) - including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® - and earn 5,600 bonus points
  • 4,000 Stay with us at the weekend and collect 4,000 bonus points.
  • 2,400 Stay in one of the six metropolises of New York, Chicago, Washington (DC), Los Angeles, Orlando or San Francisco and collect 2,400 bonus points.
  • 1,500 Book and pay for your stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn "bonus" points.
  • 1,000 You have earned your points, now let your wishes come true. Solve your points - from digital downloads to Reward Nights - and earn 1,000 bonus points.
  • 9,000 Book 6 of 7 offers and secure yourself (additional) 9,000 bonus points.
  • 5,000 Get 5,000 bonus points with just one night before the 30th of June.
All tasks completed and all points have been posted to my account.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FL390
All tasks completed and all points have been posted to my account.
Wow - my stays are about two weeks delayed in posting. Is that normal for this?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:12 am

Has anyone had a Points & Cash stay that triggered/completed their "Stay for Less and Earn" offer? If so, do they take the same amount of time to update the dashboard as most other tasks?

I had such a stay on 7/8-9 and I expected that the dashboard would have updated by now but it hasn't.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:27 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by BlueHenFlyer
Wow - my stays are about two weeks delayed in posting. Is that normal for this?
Yeah 10-14 days I would say is normal after stay. I usually see the points post to my account before they reflect on the promo page.

Waiting for Q3 any day now....
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by dtman85
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s) - including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® - and earn 5,600 bonus points.

Does anyone knows if I completed this offer? I only got one stay credited to this bonus.

First Stay: Holiday Inn Express - One Night
Second Stay: Holiday Inn - Two Nights (Credited to the bonus)
Third Stay: Staybridge - Two nights
Disappointed that Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge did not count towards this promotion. I came back to IHG because of this promo.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by dtman85
Disappointed that Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge did not count towards this promotion. I came back to IHG because of this promo.
Although I can understand the confusion about Holiday Inn Express, why would you expect a Staybridge Suites stay to qualify?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
For those targeted with the "Earn When You Redeem" bonus - has anyone qualified for booking a reward stay outside of the promo window (15 May to 31 August 2017). I know the T&Cs preclude this, but wanted to ask.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Special Offer for Accelerate Over Achievers - 5,000 points for every 3 nights

I completed all but one of my tasks 2 weeks ago (needed to complete 7 of 8) and all points have been posted to my account. Today, I received this email from IHG:

Special offer for our Accelerate over achievers. Let’s keep going!

You completed your Accelerate offers to earn your achievement bonus – that’s XXX,000 bonus points to be exact – and we think that is pretty fantastic. We also think you shouldn’t stop there so we want to present a special offer to over achievers like you!

Stay 3 more nights by August 31 to earn an additional 5,000 bonus points.

Want to hear even more exciting news? This offer has no limits which means every time you stay 3 nights at your favorite IHG® hotels, you’ll get 5,000 bonus points. So let the relaxing continue and keep Accelerate working for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.