Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:04 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Uglook
Of the 3 last BOGO stays all posted as non-qualifying, had to call/write. Adjusted 2 times as 1 qualyfing night, 1 time as 2 qualifying nights.
Thanks. I will wait and see how my BOGO stay connect count before I committed for this promo as two my tasks are to have a weekend stay and a stay outside of N.A. My IC BOGO stay will be at IC Dublin, so if it will mark these 2 tasks as complete, I will go for the rest of the tasks.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by alc
Thanks. I will wait and see how my BOGO stay connect count before I committed for this promo as two my tasks are to have a weekend stay and a stay outside of N.A. My IC BOGO stay will be at IC Dublin, so if it will mark these 2 tasks as complete, I will go for the rest of the tasks.
Officially bogo should not mark off (satisfy) an Accelerator 2night weekend stay task.

Task requires stay 2x qualifying nights , and BOGO is officially 1x qualnight

a)If IC hotel incorrectly posts BOGO as 2x qual night stay, then your weekend task will get completed (however 50% of IC's tend to post incorrectly most times)
b)If IC hotel correctly posts BOGO as ONLY 1night qual night stay, then your weekend task will fail
c)If IC hotel incorrectly posts BOGO as totally 0nights qual, your weekend task will fail, and contacting IHG to fix retrospectively 99% ends up with correct 1night qual night posting, so task fails still.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:50 pm

According to IHG CS - "Your Rate" needs to be a cancellable Your Rate in order to trigger this Accelerate promotion.

I stayed at an IC, booked Your Rate Advance Purchase. Apparently this rate is ineligible and did not trigger trigger Your Rate points. Other points triggered the Accelerate promotion.

Could not find any reference about cancellable rate in terms and conditions, neither can CS pointed out.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Aero137

On another topic, one of my tasks is to renew my Ambassador membership. Does renewal via points count towards this? I've checked the T&Cs and it doesn't explicitly cover this.
For future reference, renewal by points did trigger the task completion.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
According to IHG CS - "Your Rate" needs to be a cancellable Your Rate in order to trigger this Accelerate promotion.

I stayed at an IC, booked Your Rate Advance Purchase. Apparently this rate is ineligible and did not trigger trigger Your Rate points. Other points triggered the Accelerate promotion.

Could not find any reference about cancellable rate in terms and conditions, neither can CS pointed out.
my advance rate triggered the points, where does it state it doesn't .... Ask CS
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Saral
my advance rate triggered the points, where does it state it doesn't .... Ask CS
Neither can CS nor his supervisor can point that out where it stated in the Ts & Cs, all they said that it has always been a cancellable rate in order to trigger the promotion.

The supervisor agreed to give me one-time only expectation for "Your Rate" promotion, but I can not see any different progress under my Accelerate promotion.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Neither can CS nor his supervisor can point that out where it stated in the Ts & Cs, all they said that it has always been a cancellable rate in order to trigger the promotion.

The supervisor agreed to give me one-time only expectation for "Your Rate" promotion, but I can not see any different progress under my Accelerate promotion.
that is rubbish! I've very very rarely booked a cancellable rate and Ive always got the points.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My credit card task posted without nudging on my part! Woohoooooo!!!!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Hello everyone !!
Buying the same number of points as I'd earn from completing Accelerate will cost me £231 with a current 100% bonus offer I've been sent (shocking that they'd usually cost twice that !).
I've worked out that to get this out of Accelerate I essentially need three 2 night weekend trips (inc. a Sat night), with at least two of them abroad.
Now that's £38.50 per night I could spend and I'd be 'buying' them.at the same rate as a direct points purchase.

With that in mind I'm setting myself a little challenge to see if I can achieve this within Europe, excluding travel expenses as I can write that off against the experience of having visited somewhere (in my mind anyway !!).

Anyone got any good suggestions of IHG hotels which might come in under the £38.50 per night threshold for a Sat&Sun or Fri&Sat night within Europe ?

I of course might not go ahead and do it but thought it was interesting to see what the options were.
I'll start looking.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Saral
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:20 am

That's horsecrap. It's never been the case. AND I've not seen any such statement in the Ts&Cs thankfully (it'd pretty much kill the accelerate promo).
I have heard that some rates discounted by over 30% aren't qualifying but that's not explicitly stated in the Ts&Cs either so might be total BS too.

I'd argue your case further if I were you.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus

Anyone got any good suggestions of IHG hotels which might come in under the £38.50 per night threshold for a Sat&Sun or Fri&Sat night within Europe ?
If you can get a cheap flight I recommend HIX Aberdeen Airport which is frequently as low as £33 on Fridays and Saturdays.

Its a two minute walk walk from the terminal and if you can get the bus into town if you want. If you fancy pushing the boat out the CP next door to it is as low as £41 a night.

Both hotels are under three years old so are still pretty decent.

Those are the cheapest I've seen recently.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:35 pm

Cheers, not been to Aberdeen yet :-)
One down (subject to flights).
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Hello everyone !!
Buying the same number of points as I'd earn from completing Accelerate will cost me £231 with a current 100% bonus offer I've been sent (shocking that they'd usually cost twice that !).
I've worked out that to get this out of Accelerate I essentially need three 2 night weekend trips (inc. a Sat night), with at least two of them abroad.
Now that's £38.50 per night I could spend and I'd be 'buying' them.at the same rate as a direct points purchase.

With that in mind I'm setting myself a little challenge to see if I can achieve this within Europe, excluding travel expenses as I can write that off against the experience of having visited somewhere (in my mind anyway !!).

I of course might not go ahead and do it but thought it was interesting to see what the options were.
I'll start looking.
I was in a similar situation, visited Bucarest for the first time, great weekend rates at the older IC or the recently refurbished CP.

Availability was good using avios with BA, cheap flights with the budget carriers (Blue Air were great OTP - FCO £14 all in was shocked to be served complimentary soft drinks and a sandwich).

Made for a very enjoyable weekend city break, can highly recommend.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:30 pm

For the purposes of Accelerate, and other promotions with IHG, is the validity period determined by the check in or check out dates? For example if this promotion ends on 8/31, would the night of the 31st count for the promotion, even if the check out is in September?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.