FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1837243-new-ihg-best-rate-guarantee-discussion-feedback-january-2016-a.html)

jrfigo Jan 1, 16 10:22 am

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016
 
I am trying to get a BRG claim for a night at the Palazzo or Venetian in Las Vegas. Can someone please PM which low price site IHG accepts for BRG?
Thank you.

Delectatio Jan 3, 16 2:49 am

Just had another BRG approved. Reveived an email after 14 hours saying that they were still verifying the rates etc. followed by an email after 20 hours saying that my BRG is approved! Very happy! One night stay, regular price was 182, now free :-)

kwh191 Jan 3, 16 11:43 am

No luck in paris
 
I've had success finding brgs in Paris in the past but can't find any sites that have matching cancelation policies... I ve found better rates but theres 24hrs difference in cancelation... If you know of any, please pm me. Thanks

Smiley90 Jan 3, 16 4:33 pm

i can't find info on this... but what about hotels that have 0 availability on IHG.com but have availability on other sites? I know BRG works for SPG in this case, but what about IHG, given that it requires an IHG.com reservation...?

scubaccr Jan 3, 16 11:15 pm


Originally Posted by Smiley90 (Post 25955777)
i can't find info on this... but what about hotels that have 0 availability on IHG.com but have availability on other sites? I know BRG works for SPG in this case, but what about IHG, given that it requires an IHG.com reservation...?

Not possible as you have to book IHG room in the first place to attempt a BPG claim

BPG attempt also fails if you book the very last room at an IHG hotel !

nittany987 Jan 4, 16 7:58 pm

Alright - here's a question. I know the currency has to be billed the same, but does it have to display the same? I found a rate from an agency for a hotel that will only show in USD/EUR/other major currencies, but it shows on booking page that payment will be made using (local currency). IHG website shows in (local currency). Does this work for IHG claims?

travelislife Jan 5, 16 1:25 am

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
 
So just had one denied because the 3rd party includes breakfast where as IHG does not. That seem ludicrous. IHGs site is obviously more expensive without the breakfast!

Pseudo Nim Jan 5, 16 2:17 am


Originally Posted by travelislife (Post 25963761)
So just had one denied because the 3rd party includes breakfast where as IHG does not. That seem ludicrous. IHGs site is obviously more expensive without the breakfast!

Not ludicrous - they specifically state "the exact same package".

....... so uh, why don't you just tick the 'breakfast' box on IHG.com? :confused:

mitpat474 Jan 5, 16 2:34 am


Originally Posted by travelislife (Post 25963761)
So just had one denied because the 3rd party includes breakfast where as IHG does not. That seem ludicrous. IHGs site is obviously more expensive without the breakfast!

It might seem that way, but the rules are the rules. The game is the game. Youre comparing oranges to tangerines.

FlyerBeek Jan 5, 16 4:20 am


Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 25963897)
....... so uh, why don't you just tick the 'breakfast' box on IHG.com? :confused:

In my experience, this will not work and will lead to a rejection of the BRG request. Per IHG's BRG T&Cs, the lower rate must be "compared with the IHG hotel's lowest available rate on IHG websites." By adding a breakfast option on the IHG webpage, you're no longer comparing with the lowest available IHG rate. YMMV, but I've personally tried and have not had success with this scenario.

-FlyerBeek

mitpat474 Jan 5, 16 4:55 am


Originally Posted by FlyerBeek (Post 25964187)
In my experience, this will not work and will lead to a rejection of the BRG request. Per IHG's BRG T&Cs, the lower rate must be "compared with the IHG hotel's lowest available rate on IHG websites." By adding a breakfast option on the IHG webpage, you're no longer comparing with the lowest available IHG rate. YMMV, but I've personally tried and have not had success with this scenario.

-FlyerBeek

Sorry you are wrong, of course you can do best flex with breakfast - i just did one at last week!

have done advanced with breakfast in the past too

Stealthmode Jan 5, 16 4:58 am


Originally Posted by mitpat474 (Post 25964273)
have done advanced with breakfast in the past too

+1

Pseudo Nim Jan 5, 16 5:07 am


Originally Posted by FlyerBeek (Post 25964187)
In my experience, this will not work and will lead to a rejection of the BRG request. Per IHG's BRG T&Cs, the lower rate must be "compared with the IHG hotel's lowest available rate on IHG websites." By adding a breakfast option on the IHG webpage, you're no longer comparing with the lowest available IHG rate. YMMV, but I've personally tried and have not had success with this scenario.

-FlyerBeek

Yeah, IHG BRG is a crapshoot.

I'd definitely try. Often, "like for like" trumps "best rate".

travelislife Jan 5, 16 10:45 am


Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 25963897)
Quote:





Originally Posted by travelislife


So just had one denied because the 3rd party includes breakfast where as IHG does not. That seem ludicrous. IHGs site is obviously more expensive without the breakfast!




Not ludicrous - they specifically state "the exact same package".

....... so uh, why don't you just tick the 'breakfast' box on IHG.com?

Because I reckon that is their game with this property knowing 3rd party sites offer less. You can't add breakfast on the AP rate on IHG, only on flexible rates.

travelislife Jan 5, 16 10:48 am


Originally Posted by mitpat474 (Post 25963938)
Quote:





Originally Posted by travelislife


So just had one denied because the 3rd party includes breakfast where as IHG does not. That seem ludicrous. IHGs site is obviously more expensive without the breakfast!




It might seem that way, but the rules are the rules. The game is the game. Youre comparing oranges to tangerines.

Okay look at it not as a game. Look at it as a punter, not an FT member. They advertise all over the place their BRG. As a punter I would believe the third party is offering a cheaper rate for more product so really IHG should match/beat it! All this ends up doing is putting a sour taste in people's mouths and turning them off IHG.

I know their BRG is generous but it is just silly that a cheaper 'package' does not beat a 'package' that is more expensive on IHGs website.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:53 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.