Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:20 am

Response time seems to be around 5 hours at the moment.

Has anyone got any decent sites for GBP hotels? Can trade decent USD and EUR ones in return.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by stvr
How are response times lately? A month ago they were in the 36 hour range. (Totally unacceptable.)
Been really good under a hour at certain points for my email exchanges with them - certainly helped my successful claim. Must admit hasnt been easy recently though.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Has anyone seen anything that works for San Francisco, any property? I've given up on the IHG BRG more or less, but I'm still trying once in a while. Any help appreciated.
it still does work my friend but long gone are the days of easy claims back in 2013. All went downhill after the phone line fiasco. All that bloggers fault.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Been really good under a hour at certain points for my email exchanges with them - certainly helped my successful claim. Must admit hasnt been easy recently though.
i have been getting claims back pretty quickly lately .. within hours- but ALL have been denials.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Averagely less than 2hrs get replied. Finally hit a suite. Great.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Hi,

Can anyone help me for website that charges in PLN (zloty). I can share also some good website.

Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
If a hotel is in Vietnam but the IHG has website in USD, I need a USD match right?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:09 am

Indeed. Good luck.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Geoggy
If a hotel is in Vietnam but the IHG has website in USD, I need a USD match right?
Indeed. And I reckon something of a blessing - OTAs booking in dong could be thin on the ground .....
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Indeed. And I reckon something of a blessing - OTAs booking in dong could be thin on the ground .....
thanks Ian. Not played this game for a while after a run of bad luck. And from what I can see pickings remain slim:0(
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Sued IHG in Small Claims - got check today.

I sued IHG over a valid BRG in Small Claims back in July and was awarded judgement. After numerous attempts to contact their legal department for collection (all failed) they connected me with the BRG department regarding the issue and instead of issuing payment on the judgement they instead denied the BRG claim again. True story. Amusing. Was waiting until end of year and contemplating next legal move when the judgement check showed up in the mail, signature required.

I am done with "complaining on the internet". Bad reviews, rants and threats of taking business elsewhere do nothing but make customers feel a false sense of satisfaction/retaliation for bad customer service or, as in my case, an actual legal breach of contract.

So end of story. Happy Holidays and best wishes for a Happy New Year. - Reep
jackal and htb like this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by redreeper
I sued IHG over a valid BRG in Small Claims back in July and was awarded judgement. After numerous attempts to contact their legal department for collection (all failed) they connected me with the BRG department regarding the issue and instead of issuing payment on the judgement they instead denied the BRG claim again. True story. Amusing. Was waiting until end of year and contemplating next legal move when the judgement check showed up in the mail, signature required.

I am done with "complaining on the internet". Bad reviews, rants and threats of taking business elsewhere do nothing but make customers feel a false sense of satisfaction/retaliation for bad customer service or, as in my case, an actual legal breach of contract.

Congratulations - very well done!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by redreeper

How did you serve them when you file the lawsuit?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:20 pm

Total scam. I don`t know how it is still a valid "guarantee" after pretty much every claim has been denied.
I completed all requirements stated on the terms to be eligible, yet I was brushed off five times with a different reason after I was attaching screen shots to prove them wrong. After six emails, I knew that there is no way I could win - they are not to keep promise there, they are trick us to book directly to avoid paying huge commissions to third parties. My rate was non-cancelable prepaid (of course, it was IHG the lowest rate, yet many other sites offered much lower).

I was charged at a hotel after my stay and was hoping that Chase would stand by its long-time customer who never filed any disputes with them. A Chase dispute rep contacted me with some questions and said that she would be applying a temporarily credit and sending dispute to the hotel. A couple of hours later, she called back and said that she would need me to stay on the phone with IHG. IHG reps (and even supervisor) that they are not trained to deal with "BPG" and cannot help. Chase rep asked for that phone number, yet there is no phone number to contact Philippines BPG office. After that, Chase rep was lost and said that Holiday Inn is not IHG, and that she was not able to approve my dispute. I then called Chase again and was told that since there was nothing wrong with the stay and "only minor price difference" - she didn`t even get that BPG policy, Chase is not able to stand by me. They even didn`t send a dispute and never even tried to solve it except from calling 1-800 IHG and getting nowhere with wrong department.

Needless to say, a lot of time and frustration was wasted on both IHG and its co-branded Chase card.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Not good in time response lately. Mostly being denied due to higher comparable rate found at their end whilst the lower rate still appeared even using three different browsers on my PC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.