FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1837243-new-ihg-best-rate-guarantee-discussion-feedback-january-2016-a.html)

igor82j Jun 30, 2019 3:21 pm

Any way to escalate if the BPG team decision is wrong?
They did confirm that the final rate is lower on the third-party website, but the pre-tax rate is lower on IHG. Huh? Talk about nonsense...

336 Jul 2, 2019 4:44 am

No escalation possible.
That exact scenario is clearly mentioned in their terms.

coolfish1103 Sep 17, 2019 9:57 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for the BPG points to get credited on the account after the stay? Thanks.

teo1991 Oct 9, 2019 10:10 pm

rejection reason:
After reviewing the details of the reservation submitted, please be advised that your claim has not qualified for the Guarantee because of the following reason: 
- The reservation is not booked under the lowest priced rate for the room type you booked
Rate Booked: MYR 570.00 plus tax per night under YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club

Lowest Priced Rate: MYR 484.50 plus tax per night under YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club Advance Purchase

We checked www.trip.comto look at the rates available and found that the rates listed on that site do not meet the following requirements for eligibility: 

- The lowest comparable rate available on the third-party website is MYR 549.69 plus tax per night, which is higher than the lowest rate available by booking directly with IHG.

linaseta Oct 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by teo1991 (Post 31611668)
rejection reason:
After reviewing the details of the reservation submitted, please be advised that your claim has not qualified for the Guarantee because of the following reason: 
- The reservation is not booked under the lowest priced rate for the room type you booked
Rate Booked: MYR 570.00 plus tax per night under YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club

Lowest Priced Rate: MYR 484.50 plus tax per night under YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club Advance Purchase

We checked www.trip.comto look at the rates available and found that the rates listed on that site do not meet the following requirements for eligibility: 

- The lowest comparable rate available on the third-party website is MYR 549.69 plus tax per night, which is higher than the lowest rate available by booking directly with IHG.

wait what?? MYR 484.50 << MYR 549.69? Isnt the third party website lower than their price?
Why was it rejected? I am looking at the same exact website....

craigthemif Oct 21, 2019 1:39 am

Originally Posted by linaseta (Post 31649201)
wait what?? MYR 484.50 << MYR 549.69? Isnt the third party website lower than their price?
Why was it rejected? I am looking at the same exact website....

You have to book the lowest rate on IHG, which will be prepaid.

BTW, trip.com is a waste of time for BRG purposes.

escapefromphl Nov 18, 2019 2:25 pm

Has anyone ever had a BRG approved on rates from an app such as Hotel Tonight? Or is this against the terms?

crimson12 Nov 27, 2019 12:42 pm

Just a data point: I made a reservation at the Kimpton Palomar in Washington DC for $229. I saw a room on cancelon.com for $126. The claim was rejected, first because there was a "cyber special" rate of $189 so I did not book the lowest available rate; and second, because cancelon rates are not eligible for BRG.

I did some searching and did not see anything about how IHG/Kimpton BRG works with cancelon, so there's now a data point that it will be rejected. FYI.

craigthemif Nov 29, 2019 1:06 am

Originally Posted by crimson12 (Post 31783178)
Just a data point: I made a reservation at the Kimpton Palomar in Washington DC for $229. I saw a room on cancelon.com for $126. The claim was rejected, first because there was a "cyber special" rate of $189 so I did not book the lowest available rate; and second, because cancelon rates are not eligible for BRG.

I did some searching and did not see anything about how IHG/Kimpton BRG works with cancelon, so there's now a data point that it will be rejected. FYI.

Cancelon is quite obviously not eligible for BRG with ANY hotel chain. The whole concept of Cancelon runs against what BRGs are there for. I hope you didn't learn the hard way with a non-refundable BRG claim.

PSPandBA Feb 20, 2020 9:55 am

Tried to get BHG at Crown Plaza Toulouse. Denied for two reasons. 1. The rate booked by IHG agent (who was aware of my BRG question from trivago/hotelwiz verified the rate but said he would book on IHG and I could apply for BHG. My rate on IHG wasn’t considered the lowest as I could have booked a non refundable which was less expensive even though the trivago rate was lower for refundable. 2. Also told that they couldn’t find my rate on hotelwiz, despite my having screen shots. What a joke! I guess the benefits of advertising a BRG is better than the reality of trying to achieve it.

romans Aug 20, 2020 3:34 pm

has anyone been successful in BPG ever? recent experience is that the same time I book the same room via IHG I found the same room type on otel.com, having screenshots even video, link to the website with the same room with cheaper price, they told me they didn't find the same room but it's still there. ridiculous :td: is there anything to do? why they offer this BPG if they didn't do that.

haphung335 Nov 28, 2020 6:51 am

IHG BRG is a joke

I got my BRG approved. Shown up at the hotel and still being charged the original booking rate, 107.40. Good thing I got my BRG email at 102.56, was able to get that adjusted at the hotel.
Now I am worry if I will even get the 5x bonus points since they attempted to charge me at regular booking price.

DrGee Dec 24, 2021 4:45 pm

BRG is a scam isn't it? I booked a flexible rate but have been told I have to book a non-refundable rate (the lowest) in order to qualify. It's daft. Cancelled at IHG, booked the same room elsewhere and saved $100s. What's the point of BRG other than it being a misleading spot of advertising?

ArnoldB Jul 26, 2022 10:11 am

Is this still the current thread?

IAN-UK Jul 27, 2022 2:46 am

Originally Posted by ArnoldB (Post 34459850)
Is this still the current thread?

Sure, but as the BRG has been comprehensively diluted in scale and scope, i think very few are interested in putting in the work required to achieve it.

Meaning traffic to this thread has become near zero.