Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by 9Benua
How did you serve them when you file the lawsuit?
Directly to their Atlanta office.

Filed in my County.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: All
To All :

I've been submitting IHG BRG's successfully for several years now.

I don't know if others have noticed the latest "phenomenon" but here goes...the last 4 times I submitted a 100% confidence level/totally verifiable IHG BRG submission form using booking.com as the cheaper room source, my claim was rejected and coincidentally the booking.com rate changed immediately and no longer became available...AMAZING...The IHG BRG program is nothing short of a hoax at this point and marketing gimmick. I can attest to this 100%.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:04 pm

Hello,
I have a short, stupid question for the price comparison in the US and Canada. Does the competing rate have to be lower before and after taxes or will a lower rate of the total sum alone also qualify? Thanks for helping me out as I am more used to claiming in Europe!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:38 pm

Lower before and after tax
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by 336
Lower before and after tax
Oh, OK, thanks, is this rule strictly enforced or may they accept a claim as long as the total rate is lower?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by hagi
Oh, OK, thanks, is this rule strictly enforced or may they accept a claim as long as the total rate is lower?
Strictly enforced as per t&c under clause 6.c Matching Prices - Price Variance.
hagi likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:49 am

All rules are strictly enforced.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by 336
All rules are strictly enforced.
Well, yes and now, from my experience you can get away sometimes with certain things, especially on room descriptions. But it is true that they have tightend the rules a lot.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 11:50 am

What are the latest response times people are getting? It seems they haven't replied to any claims since Christmas Eve morning ....
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:10 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
What are the latest response times people are getting? It seems they haven't replied to any claims since Christmas Eve morning ....
I got a reply within 40 minutes today (a negative one of course).
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:41 pm

anybody has a good OTA for BRG in Russia?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
The guarantee Terms and Conditions been reviewed and "enhanced". More info: https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

​​​​​​Best Price Guarantee or your first night is free give you five times the IHG® Rewards Club Points, up to a 40,000-point maximum.

​Updated on January 8, 2018
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by shahr04360
The guarantee Terms and Conditions been reviewed and "enhanced". More info: https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
oh my god that is terrible
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by shahr04360
I would really like to know if that means 5x base points only (60x per dollar for Spire elite?) or 5x total points (100x points per dollar for Spire elite) that would make a big difference. After reading below I’m still not sure what a Spire elite would earn ... I have tweeted IHG for their interpretation, they said they would have to get back to me regarding this. Looks to be YMMV at the moment

Valid Claims. If we can verify your claim, we will adjust the rate on the reservation you booked through an IHG direct channel to the lower average nightly rate found on the non-IHG website at the time of verification, and award 5X (5 times) the IHG Rewards Club points for your room rate (the “5X Points Award”), up to a 40,000-point maximum.

10. The 5X Points Award will be calculated on the room rate only, and will not include any other charges billed to your hotel room portfolio. To receive the 5X Points Award, your IHG Rewards Club number must be added to your reservation before check-out at the hotel. IHG Rewards Club Members with a miles earning preference will earn Points.

11. Any modifications to your reservation after a claim has been validated will prevent the benefits of the Program from applying.

12. The 5X Points Award for a valid Program claim will not exceed 40,000 points. The portion of the 5X Points Award that is above and beyond what you otherwise would have earned on the room rate for your stay, will be awarded as bonus points and will not count towards your IHG Rewards Club membership tier status. The 5X Points Award will have no effect on, nor be affected by, the points you would otherwise earn for your hotel stay, pursuant to the IHG Rewards Club Terms and Conditions.“

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Jan 9, 2018 at 10:21 pm
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:21 am

finally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.