Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page > New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 17, 17, 7:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki Link
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 17, 17, 9:20 am

Response time seems to be around 5 hours at the moment.

Has anyone got any decent sites for GBP hotels? Can trade decent USD and EUR ones in return.
Old Nov 17, 17, 3:01 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by stvr View Post
How are response times lately? A month ago they were in the 36 hour range. (Totally unacceptable.)
Been really good under a hour at certain points for my email exchanges with them - certainly helped my successful claim. Must admit hasnt been easy recently though.
Old Nov 17, 17, 3:03 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Has anyone seen anything that works for San Francisco, any property? I've given up on the IHG BRG more or less, but I'm still trying once in a while. Any help appreciated.
it still does work my friend but long gone are the days of easy claims back in 2013. All went downhill after the phone line fiasco. All that bloggers fault.
Old Nov 17, 17, 3:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Platinum
Originally Posted by mitpat474 View Post
Been really good under a hour at certain points for my email exchanges with them - certainly helped my successful claim. Must admit hasnt been easy recently though.
i have been getting claims back pretty quickly lately .. within hours- but ALL have been denials.
Old Nov 18, 17, 2:05 pm

Programs: HH, IHG, MH
Averagely less than 2hrs get replied. Finally hit a suite. Great.
Old Dec 3, 17, 6:04 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Hi,

Can anyone help me for website that charges in PLN (zloty). I can share also some good website.

Thanks
Old Dec 5, 17, 2:56 am

Programs: Amex Plat et al, IHG A, HH Diamond
If a hotel is in Vietnam but the IHG has website in USD, I need a USD match right?
Old Dec 5, 17, 3:09 am

Indeed. Good luck.
Old Dec 5, 17, 6:39 am

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
If a hotel is in Vietnam but the IHG has website in USD, I need a USD match right?
Indeed. And I reckon something of a blessing - OTAs booking in dong could be thin on the ground .....
Old Dec 7, 17, 1:48 am

Programs: Amex Plat et al, IHG A, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Indeed. And I reckon something of a blessing - OTAs booking in dong could be thin on the ground .....
thanks Ian. Not played this game for a while after a run of bad luck. And from what I can see pickings remain slim:0(
Old Dec 16, 17, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Sued IHG in Small Claims - got check today.

I sued IHG over a valid BRG in Small Claims back in July and was awarded judgement. After numerous attempts to contact their legal department for collection (all failed) they connected me with the BRG department regarding the issue and instead of issuing payment on the judgement they instead denied the BRG claim again. True story. Amusing. Was waiting until end of year and contemplating next legal move when the judgement check showed up in the mail, signature required.

I am done with "complaining on the internet". Bad reviews, rants and threats of taking business elsewhere do nothing but make customers feel a false sense of satisfaction/retaliation for bad customer service or, as in my case, an actual legal breach of contract.

So end of story. Happy Holidays and best wishes for a Happy New Year. - Reep
Old Dec 16, 17, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by redreeper View Post
I sued IHG over a valid BRG in Small Claims back in July and was awarded judgement. After numerous attempts to contact their legal department for collection (all failed) they connected me with the BRG department regarding the issue and instead of issuing payment on the judgement they instead denied the BRG claim again. True story. Amusing. Was waiting until end of year and contemplating next legal move when the judgement check showed up in the mail, signature required.

I am done with "complaining on the internet". Bad reviews, rants and threats of taking business elsewhere do nothing but make customers feel a false sense of satisfaction/retaliation for bad customer service or, as in my case, an actual legal breach of contract.

So end of story. Happy Holidays and best wishes for a Happy New Year. - Reep
Congratulations - very well done!
redreeper likes this.

Search this Thread