Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 17, 17, 12:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki Link
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

Old May 20, 17, 3:34 am

Programs: HH, IHG, MH
Originally Posted by a9504477 View Post
Which currency? I have given up submitting claims with amoma rates as they always get denied with reference to the t&cs mentioning euros.
...in the currency of the hotel (as per t&c).
6. b. Matching Prices - Currency Requirements. The currency of the hotel controls the comparison with the room price and the total room cost on the non-IHG website, and the room price and the total room cost on the non-IHG website must be available, viewable, quoted, booked, and paid for in the currency of the hotel.
Old May 21, 17, 12:26 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by paul00 View Post
What is the reason for denial given by IHG? Is it currency-related (as Amoma T&Cs say that payment is made in EUR), in which case BRG/LPP claims for hotels charging in EUR would still be ok?
yes the issue for me is submitting BRGs for US hotels using Amoma. From other posts it seems like it is still hit or miss with Amoma BRGs though. I just submitted two US based BRGs with Amoma, let's see what the result is... I will post when I get them back.
Old May 21, 17, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
yes the issue for me is submitting BRGs for US hotels using Amoma. From other posts it seems like it is still hit or miss with Amoma BRGs though. I just submitted two US based BRGs with Amoma, let's see what the result is... I will post when I get them back.
had my Amoma claims approved. Cool.
Old May 22, 17, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K; QR P; HH D; MR G; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by shahr04360 View Post
...in the currency of the hotel (as per t&c).
The question was meant to be understood as: euros or not euros?
Old May 22, 17, 6:18 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
I know it's been well documented, but let me vent.

Booking a room for 2 nights using the app, non refundable, no breakfast, €68 per night. During the booking I'm offered to upgrade to breakfast for only €17 more, so €85 in total, I accept.

Later during the day I find a website offering the same room, totally refundable with breakfast for €69. I try BRG but I've just gotten the decline email.

So the competing site is giving me more (refundable) for €14 less than the IHG site, but because I booked with breakfast, I'm declined even thought it was an induced add-on.

<Sigh>
Old May 22, 17, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by tangey View Post
I know it's been well documented, but let me vent.

Booking a room for 2 nights using the app, non refundable, no breakfast, €68 per night. During the booking I'm offered to upgrade to breakfast for only €17 more, so €85 in total, I accept.

Later during the day I find a website offering the same room, totally refundable with breakfast for €69. I try BRG but I've just gotten the decline email.

So the competing site is giving me more (refundable) for €14 less than the IHG site, but because I booked with breakfast, I'm declined even thought it was an induced add-on.

<Sigh>
It isn't logical unfortunately... Though they do follow their rules, (for the most part)... to the T.
Old May 24, 17, 11:10 am

Has anybody noticed this lately?

ive had two BRGs in the last few weeks where the "reservation has been updated to free", but, the original rate and everything still shows in the app. Previously when a reservation was updated to free, the reservation was not viewable and you would get an error.

"We are pleased to confirm that your reservation has been adjusted. Please note that the adjustment may not reflect when viewing your booking online; however, rest assured that the hotel has contacted us to confirm the amendment."
Old May 24, 17, 1:18 pm

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
It happens depending on the hotel. Some hotel adjust the rate but you see the original rate. During the check out they change it as non-qualifying rate with 0$ spent.
Old Jun 20, 17, 4:48 pm

So I'm still confused. Why does IHG allow you to compare IHG flex vs OTA non-refundable (if IHG flex is the lowest) if the terms don't match?
Old Jun 20, 17, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by DealAddict View Post
So I'm still confused. Why does IHG allow you to compare IHG flex vs OTA non-refundable (if IHG flex is the lowest) if the terms don't match?
It seems the consistent response I've received from them is that you have to book the absolute lowest available rate on IHG.com. I've never encountered where that's a flexible rate so my requests are always denied.

Unlike some of the other chains where you have to book a "like" rate, IHG seems insistent that you book the lowest available on their website.
Old Jun 21, 17, 2:55 pm

3 responses that I had to write back after denials and they finally approved my claim for a free night at intercontinental times square...
Old Jun 27, 17, 1:05 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
What are current wait times like?
Old Jun 28, 17, 7:46 pm

can you book the lowest available rate in IHC ----if the the Non refundable is lower than the best available flexible or the club if it is the lowest rate.
Is booking the Lowest price acceptable if I searched by LOWEST AVAILABLE RATE

Book Early & Save - Advance Purchase
Non-Refundable Rate
Deposit required
Must book 3 days in advance
Only 7 days left to book!
‎ $ 648.00 USD

Nightly Rate
View Rate Details
BOOK THIS ROOM
YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club Advance Purchase
‎ ‎$ 648.00 USD
‎ $ 635.04 USD Member Discount

Nightly Rate
View Rate Details
BOOK THIS ROOM
Best Flexible Rate & Deals Our Most Popular Rate Best Flexible Rate
‎ ‎$ 719.00 USD Bonus Points
Add ‎ ‎$ 6.00 USD DAILY PARKING PKG
Add ‎ ‎$ 45.00 USD
FREE Cancellation until 6:00 PM local hotel time on July 7, 2017
No deposit required
Most popular rate
‎ $ 719.00 USD

‎ ‎$ 60.00 USD Add Breakfast (up to 2 guests)
Nightly Rate
View Rate Details
BOOK THIS ROOM
YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club
‎ ‎$ 719.00 USD
‎ $ 704.62 USD Member Discount

‎ $ 58.80 USD Add Breakfast (up to 2 guests)
Nightly Rate
View Rate Details

The problem with best available rate is that it will always beat third party websites on the cancellation by at least a day later cancellation allow
Old Jun 29, 17, 2:30 am

Programs: UA 1K; QR P; HH D; MR G; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by writetorich View Post
can you book the lowest available rate in IHC ----if the the Non refundable is lower than the best available flexible or the club if it is the lowest rate.
you MUST book the lowest rate for the given room
Old Jul 3, 17, 2:30 am
Suspended

Got denied for BRG claim, my comparison website is priceline. They denied me because priceline change the rate 20 hours later. It's a 3 nights reservation. What a joke. Modify my reservation to refundable rate and cancel it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: