Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Brg then pts?

Is it OK to have 2 reservations with the first as a brg and the second on points?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Is it OK to have 2 reservations with the first as a brg and the second on points?
yes that is fine
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by cstorrie
Anyone had any experience making a BRG claim against advance purchase recently? I've got what i believe to be a valid claim and the OTA price is lower than both the Advance Purchase Rate, and the YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club Advance Purchase rate.

Thing is do i book the cheapest rate available ie the YOUR RATE, or the lowest publicly available rate which would be advanced purchase

Don't want to give IHG a technicality by going for the wrong one
Book the cheapest : Your Rate.
-from personal experience
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
i probably would not do a charge back.. I feel like there would be some unknown consequences from that that you don't want to deal with !!

i HAVE to my utter shock been able to have them update an address for me recently, but they changed an address # and added an apartment number. They had to have it authorized by a different department.. I believe it was accounting. Ask them nicely for accounting to review your request, maybe you'll get lucky.

but I know from experience they work under very tight guidelines.. and if anything happens outside of that consider yourself really lucky.
Well, I wrote to my local corporate office to see if they can assist.

I feel like as though they NEVER sent out the cheque, well knowing that I am not able to personally receive it.
The mail services manager at my previous address is telling me that there is nothing addressed to me at all.

Now they're telling me to forfeit the compensation due to their "Terms and Conditions".
Heck, I want that miniscule amount of points in that case. They've marked the entire stay as a non-qualifying stay.

So take note everyone, don't EVER move your address within 4 - 6 weeks, or at least 2 months, of your IHG stay if you want to do a BPG.

Last edited by Yunnnn; Apr 4, 2017 at 7:31 pm
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:10 am

I understand that IHG will not BRG to lmtclub.com but they have a 3 night stay that is priced over $100 cheaper. I would prefer to book through IHG though...is there any possibility of contacting the hotel directly and having them price match? Is it worth a shot?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by brokestudent
I understand that IHG will not BRG to lmtclub.com but they have a 3 night stay that is priced over $100 cheaper. I would prefer to book through IHG though...is there any possibility of contacting the hotel directly and having them price match? Is it worth a shot?
Should be valid as long Comparison Prices Must Be Available to the General Public as per T&C. No harm to BRG for booking on refundable rate. Good luck!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by shahr04360
Should be valid as long Comparison Prices Must Be Available to the General Public as per T&C. No harm to BRG for booking on refundable rate. Good luck!
I read in the history of this thread that it won't work because you have to create a login for the site...that was posted in 2015 but haven't seen anything recent.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:37 pm

Anyone experience IC hotels trying to wiggle out of providing Ambassador benefits on BRG stays?

Recently happened to me at the IC Singapore. Since they adjusted the rate to complimentary, they claimed they had the right to treat it the same as a reward night and deny me the Ambassador benefits.

Is this par for the course?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Jaffar
Anyone experience IC hotels trying to wiggle out of providing Ambassador benefits on BRG stays?

Recently happened to me at the IC Singapore. Since they adjusted the rate to complimentary, they claimed they had the right to treat it the same as a reward night and deny me the Ambassador benefits.

Is this par for the course?
I have BRGd ICs all over .. Times Square, Barclays, Mark Hopkins, San Fran, LA Century city and have NEVER not received my AMB benefits. Sounds like a shady property to me imho..
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:57 pm

I have BRGd ICs all over .. Times Square, Barclays, Mark Hopkins, San Fran, LA Century city and have NEVER not received my AMB benefits. Sounds like a shady property to me imho..
Thanks! Were all these stays in question adjusted to complimentary too?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Guys there is a new Lowest Price Promise terms. And now we can not compare a best flexible to an other rate not flexible with same time...

Under the new Terms and Conditions of the Lowest Price Promise:

The LPP is applicable to bookings made under Your Rate for rooms at InterContinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites hotel in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mongolia, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom only (“IHG Participating Hotels”). IHG Participating Hotels are subject to the following exclusions: InterContinental Davos, InterContinental Murcia Mar Menor, InterContinental Malta, InterContinental Estoril, Crowne Plaza Vilamoura, Holiday Inn Algarve, Holiday Inn Andorra and Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee hotels are not included in the Lowest Price Promise, however the Best Price Guarantee does still apply to bookings made at these properties.

With regard to your claim, a review was made and found that the cancellation policy on the third party website is different from your booking with IHG. With this, we stand firm on the verification made that your claim does not meet the Terms and Conditions of the program which makes it not eligible for the Lowest Price Promise.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
This is why I dislike IC SIN. They're just ..... not cool. I never stay there anymore. Their RA benefits are garbage, and they are just not a great hotel, period.

Originally Posted by Lotfi070
Guys there is a new Lowest Price Promise terms. And now we can not compare a best flexible to an other rate not flexible with same time...

Under the new Terms and Conditions of the Lowest Price Promise:

The LPP is applicable to bookings made under Your Rate for rooms at InterContinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites hotel in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mongolia, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom only (“IHG Participating Hotels”). IHG Participating Hotels are subject to the following exclusions: InterContinental Davos, InterContinental Murcia Mar Menor, InterContinental Malta, InterContinental Estoril, Crowne Plaza Vilamoura, Holiday Inn Algarve, Holiday Inn Andorra and Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee hotels are not included in the Lowest Price Promise, however the Best Price Guarantee does still apply to bookings made at these properties.

With regard to your claim, a review was made and found that the cancellation policy on the third party website is different from your booking with IHG. With this, we stand firm on the verification made that your claim does not meet the Terms and Conditions of the program which makes it not eligible for the Lowest Price Promise.
Is someone taking IHG to court at some point? It's ridiculous how many footnotes, both explicit and implied, their stupid so-called BRG has.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:41 pm

Hey guys,

a hotel in New York on IHG website has a non refundable rate (the lowest rate IHG has) that is higher than the refundable rate on OTA. I read on this thread that they don't accept screenshots, but I want to be safe, should I book a refundable rate on the OTA because that way it's not a screenshot but a confirmation that I can later show them? The OTA in question is priceline.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:51 am

Ok, they replied

"The Terms and Conditions require that the claim be for “a valid room booking with the lowest available price (room rate)” on the IHG website, regardless of the package inclusions or cancellation policy."

But the lowest nonrefundable room on IHG is still more expensive than the refundable room on Priceline. EMailed them again, and will patiently wait for reply.
Is there a number I may call, like the BRG department?

Update: took the risk and booked an IHG nonrefundable rate, knowing that it's higher than the refundable priceline rate.

Will let you know how it goes.

Can somebody still update me on if its better to go ahead and book the priceline refundable rate to have an evidence?

Last edited by vesnushka23; Apr 8, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:51 am

Hey guys
my claim got approved!
The first claim I did in my life and it got approved!

But for some reason I feel a little bit guilty, because I think I would have stayed in hotel anyways and I decided for myself I don't want to do more than 2 claims a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.