Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:14 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by 336
That message means that they are still not sure whether the room type is the same, the rate is inclusive/exclusive of taxes, is billed in the same currency, or whether the third party sites provides instant confirmation.

It does not mean that they are really doing any further effort to find out. Sometimes you will hear back, sometimes they keep you on the line for months.

They don't manipulate the IHG price on their end.

Rest assured, if they want to deny, they have plenty of options to do so right away. They would have already told you that they don't see the rate, act as if they do not understand you, tell you they do not like the third party website, or don't like its billing system.
to be honest i have seen email screenshots from the 3rd party provider asking said questions in the past.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I've never had so much trouble checking into a BRG.

First the woman said, no I'm certain that doesn't work on suites (I said no you're not correct). I show her email. She then asks me if i'm "government"?...... no ..... ? "Because this says you need government issued ID"... oh my god I said can I please speak to a supervisor ? Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor. What a mess. Finally got my (free) suite though
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:16 pm

Does anyone experience long reply times recently? Few weeks ago they responded within minutes, my latest claim is closing on 24 hours with no response.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by boris10475
Does anyone experience long reply times recently? Few weeks ago they responded within minutes, my latest claim is closing on 24 hours with no response.
nope i think its around 5 hours currently
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:15 am

Hi guys!

I found a rate for a hotel cheaper in an OTA than in IHG. The description and rates of the rooms are:
IHG - 1 KING BED LEISURE NONSMOKING - $109.98 (Your rate by IHG Rewards)
Booking.com - LEISURE KING ROOM - $97

Both are non refundable and I believe booking.com has an instant confirmation.

What are the odds that I will get this BRG accepted? Is there something else that I need to pay attention at?

Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Adriano(SP)
Hi guys!

I found a rate for a hotel cheaper in an OTA than in IHG. The description and rates of the rooms are:

What are the odds that I will get this BRG accepted? Is there something else that I need to pay attention at?

Thanks
Booking.com is acceptable website for BRG purposes but if your claim gets denied for whatever reason or just gets ignored you are stuck with prepaid room. There are multiple instances from multiple people getting valid claims denied or ignored. My claim from several days ago was ignored, so I cancelled, rebooked and resubmitted the claim ( I always book refundable).
If you do not mind getting stuck with unrefundable booking - go ahead.
As far as the odds of being accepted - only IHG knows, no one can predict that.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Hi guys!

Thanks
I wouldn't say this is a sure win - IHG said NONSMOKING and Booking.com didn't say that.

Don't know if it works better if IHG has "standard room".

As previous poster said, go ahead and file a claim if you are ok if you are stuck with the rate.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Hi guys!

Who knows? The NONSMOKING might be a stumbling block. You might want to check if it is a totally non-smoking hotel....
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:05 pm

Turns out my claim was approved after all. I sent them a hurry-up email then the approval came through.

Was for an executive suite at CP Adelaide.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:24 pm

Question to the IHG experts.
I understood that you have to book the lowest available rate on IHG before submitting a claim. Does this include IHG member rates, where you have to be a member of the program?

Thanks for the help.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by thomasito
Does this include IHG member rates, where you have to be a member of the program?
Sadly, yes.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:04 am

I've submitted a few claims in the last few months, but haven't received a single response. I waited for a few days and sent them an email to check the status, but got no response either. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Last edited by zbvl; Dec 14, 2016 at 10:10 am
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by zbvl
I've submitted a few claims in the last few months, but haven't received a single response. I waited for a few days and sent them an email to check the status, but got no response either. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
They probably fired all their staff after the introduction of "Your Rate" and the rule about no breakfast add-on. I bet the number of claims fell by well over 70%.

How many people do you need to employ to sit there copying boilerplate about the OTA being invalid because "no instant confirmation" and then pressing send?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Things have improved.

4 hour response time to claim, which was deemed valid! Just for the data point: room at InterContinental was booked non-refundable IHG Your Rate and the valid rate was even lower, with all other conditions otherwise identical.

Last edited by moe8555; Dec 17, 2016 at 1:37 am
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by moe8555

Just for the data point: room at InterContinental was booked non-refundable IHG Your Rate and the valid rate was even lower, with all other conditions otherwise identical.
Yeah? it wouldn't have been deemed valid otherwise?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.