IC Madrid Master Thread (Archive Thread)

Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think these are the two-room suites with a small narrow sitting room, and external views. There are other, larger suites with balconies over the inner-courtyard.

I have always found the guest relations team at Madrid very helpful - if you are not 100% happy with the room, just let them know.
And there are suites - still small . with a rather huge balcony (with deckchairs) overlooking the street. I found these pretty decent.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
IC Madrid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Madrid

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum RA

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Club room, got Junior Suite Castellana Road part first but asked for a next upgrade category Senior Suite at the back as we are 3 people and Junior suite is very small!!! got it free no extra surcharge

Actually they confirmed that non royal ambassadors get the same upgrade. If a club room is booked they always give a junior suite. So I mentioned there is really no such difference then. And then they just smiled :-)

If a royal ambassador book the cheapest room they are always guaranteed for e club room and non royal not - just 1 level upgrade.

How are the rooms?
- 50 sqm,
- Seperate living room
- Excellent bathroom, Elemis products
- large balcony

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- very friendly staff
- Nice club floor on the 1st floor
- Box of chocolate and 1 bottle water and some fruits + note from GM
- Hotel basically empty
- Basic Gym ammenities
- Perfect location ! easy access metro to/from the airport MAD. Shopping Calle Serrano walk by :-)
- selection of Pay TV - tho in the beginning it was not working
- wifi all over the hotel for all 2 laptop and iPhones

Bad
- No swimming pool on location
- tried the breakfast buffet downstairs but it was very busy and noisy so we went up back to the club floor
- club floor not a nice view

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, but city to visit I am not sure. Barcelona is definitely better, I wish an IC property will be there soon.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: Intercontinental RA, PC Plat, AX EX Plat, Priority Pass Elite
IC Madrid....

Checked into the IC Madrid. Booked standard room and as promised received Club Room on the 8th floor. Club lounge is still complimentary here for RA. The evening canapes have improved in the lounge which now include some hot items in the evening! Internet is also complimentary in the Club lounge and room. Minibar includes beer, red wine, spirits and plenty of soft drinks. This time got a bottle of olive oil for the welcome treatment which was a change from the usual chocolates here!
Full RA report to follow.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stephen77
IC Madrid....

Checked into the IC Madrid. Booked standard room and as promised received Club Room on the 8th floor. Club lounge is still complimentary here for RA. The evening canapes have improved in the lounge which now include some hot items in the evening! Internet is also complimentary in the Club lounge and room. Minibar includes beer, red wine, spirits and plenty of soft drinks. This time got a bottle of olive oil for the welcome treatment which was a change from the usual chocolates here!
Full RA report to follow.
I also checked in today at the IC Madrid. Got club room on 4th floor. Club room was preconfirmed online. Unfortunately all I got was fruit and water - no olive oil! Room is smallish but with large bathroom, and quite noisy due to proximity to the street.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:35 am

Righto folks. Will be dragging myself up to here this weekend and have (fortunately and quite unintentionally) booked the train into the nearby Chamartin station, so I should have no worries getting the metro a few stops to the hotel. (Gregario Maranon and a short walk)

As for getting to Barajas on Sunday though, it looks like the same short walk, one stop, a change then line 8 to the aeropuerto. Doesn't look overly taxing, anyone done it with a few suitcases (two of us, two cases and my laptop case) had any problems? Seems a little OTT to bother with a hotel car...

Also, have booked a Club room (Club double room) and since been upgraded to King Bed Club room which isn't exactly spellbinding. Are upgrades often done at checkin or on the day? Or was booking a club room a waste of euros given they seem to give them to RAs anyway?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:32 am

I believe as RA if you book Club they give you Jr Suite. Otherwise, the standard upgrade as RA is Club usually.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 6:34 am

And indeed it was so. I'll post a report shortly but can confirm that this appears still to be the policy here
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Just checked in at IC Madrid, my room wasn't ready so I asked for club access an it was cleared without trouble, front dest agent welcomed me as frequent guest so I did't complain at all for the room, even I took an standard deluxe roome with nice terrace in the 8th floor instead of the executive I requested, a club room was offered after surfing for availability but I preferred the standard deluxe with terrace, not much difference for the room just separaet shower and marble floor entrance as I notice during other stays.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 4:20 pm

Considering this for a trip later this year or next

Any new experiences at this property? Specifically - upgrades, amenities, and just plain service?

I am a Plat-AMB. Judging from the OP's post...should I be concerned?

thx in advance...

Last edited by K7Beach; Aug 7, 2010 at 4:23 pm Reason: removed BOGO Advance purchase rate question as no longer an option
Old Aug 8, 2010, 6:44 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
1 level upgrade to A, 2 levels to RA (it was in my case 2 latest stays with friends)
Club is ok, breakfast is limited (IMHO - not up to IC Berlin for example..) Rooms great (club floor) except of tv. ummm.. you can PM me for details u want to know.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 2:38 pm

Location: In between BRU, BSL , AOI and the rest of the world
Programs: BAEC Gold, LX Sen, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR Silver
One night in early August on the best available rate via the Intercontinental web site. As Pt Amb received 1 level room upgrade to a a larger (?) room on the 4th floor (no lounge access), a fruit plate and a bottle of water. Internet was paying and well above 20 euro. Hotel is well located but staff does not really make you feel welcome. Not staying often at ICs in Europe but find huge gap in tratment, at equivalent level, with HH and SPG properties.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: Intercontinental RA, PC Plat, AX EX Plat, Priority Pass Elite
Checked into the IC Madrid earlier. Booked a standard room and once again with my RA status have been upgraded to an IC Club room with a balcony. Welcome treatment was the lovely bottle of organic spanish olive oil again. Have Club access and complimentary WIFI. ^
Old Sep 30, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Checking in tomorrow, will follow up with a report after.

Booked club double, hoping to snag a Jnr Suite for the upgrade.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
We stayed at the IC Madrid last weekend.

As RA, we were upgraded from Club room to a Club Junior Suite - which is a narrow living room and ok sized bedroom. No special upgrade arrangements for RAs.

No welcome letter or Ambassador amenities. The amenities came after a couple of requests. Organic olive oil was the gift.

Club lounge was not cleaned or topped up during the day, as I found last year and before.

Evening snacks, although slightly improved, are probabaly the worst in the 20+ IC Club lounges I have visited. The upside is wine and beer that is available all day - even cava at breakfast, although the bottle was not open and I guess most guests will be too embarrassed to open it

Breakfast pretty good, as usual.

Club lounge computer was broken for most of our stay, but wireless internet was fine in the room, although a little slow.

Other requests were slow to be met, although nothing major.

TV in bedroom was very dated and the tube was going, so there were purple patches. The inhouse movie service was intermittent and we had problems.

Room service was quick and the food ok - not exceptional.

Edited to add: One month on from our stay, and no response from the hotel to the comment card that I completed and handed in when we checked out at the Front Desk. It did raise some of the points mentioned here, but the lack of response, although far from a surprise, does reflect badly.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Nov 14, 2010 at 10:57 pm Reason: Lack of response to comment card.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
We stayed at the IC Madrid last weekend.

As RA, we were upgraded from Club room to a Club Junior Suite - which is a narrow living room and ok sized bedroom. No special upgrade arrangements for RAs.

No welcome letter or Ambassador amenities. The amenities came after a couple of requests. Organic olive oil was the gift.

Club lounge was not cleaned or topped up during the day, as I found last year and before.

Evening snacks, although slightly improved, are probabaly the worst in the 20+ IC Club lounges I have visited. The upside is wine and beer that is available all day - even cava at breakfast, although the bottle was not open and I guess most guests will be too embarrassed to open it

Breakfast pretty good, as usual.

Club lounge computer was broken for most of our stay, but wireless internet was fine in the room, although a little slow.

Other requests were slow to be met, although nothing major.

TV in bedroom was very dated and the tube was going, so there were purple patches. The inhouse movie service was intermittent and we had problems.

Room service was quick and the food ok - not exceptional.
I ended up getting the Jnr Suite, which was how TravellerFrequently described it.

Didn't eat in the hotel, but did check the bar out - which is great! You can even smoke inside of it, and a double is like 1/4 of the bottle haha!

Concierge didn't really have any good suggestions for night life, but we ended up at Joy which was wild. Heard Kapital is good too. These were suggestions from other tourists, not the hotel.

The concierge suggested the restaurant Los Galayos for Spanish food - which was a TERRIBLE restaurant, and felt like the hotel were getting some sort of referral commission. Would not suggest it at all!

Overall it was OK at best, don't think I would come and especially not for that price. I think there are better alternatives in Madrid.

Depending on how the IC Times Square stay goes, I'm tempted to stop staying with the IC chain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.