IHG Digital Rewards 'technical difficulties'

Old Apr 13, 17, 7:15 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: GA
Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-exDM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Posts: 7,929
IHG Digital Rewards 'technical difficulties'

Hello-

Searched but didn't find anything. I want to download some music from the Digital Rewards section of IHG. It seems pretty straightforward, but when I click on 'Redeem Now' I get a message 'Technical Difficulties, please try again later.'

This has been happening for about 3 weeks now. I've tried multiple browsers, multiple computers, and even VPN into the USA (I am in Australia). No change.

I can't find any contact for help and support for this site. Has anyone experienced this?

I wanted to redeem points for the Accelerate promotion but it seems impossible...
CPMaverick is offline  
Old Apr 14, 17, 12:01 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Asia
Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Posts: 311
Given that Accelerate is about to end I would suggest trying to buy an e-book for just a few points. That would give you more time to figure out the music download issue, assuming you still wanted that.

A similar question on StackExchange received the following reply...

I believe that the exact options vary by country, and vary over time. However, for most people, what you'll want to do is head to the IHG Rewards Club Digital Rewards catalogue, then search for ebooks. When you're on there, pick all (no filters) pick to sort by price ascending, then check each first letter in turn. Actually, check the numeric first letters first, they often have the cheapest deals!

Right now, as a UK-based IHG member, in the ebooks section for books starting with the "letter" 0 (zero), I can see some 3 point options. I can confirm, from person experience, that buying one of these is enough to trigger the Accelerate task for a redemption. (Well, 2-3 weeks later, but then this is IHG with their very shonky IT systems...)

Buying an e-book also triggered the bonus for me, though I had to choose a 4 point option because the 3 point options would not download / were out of stock.
Expat_852 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 17, 3:10 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Priority Club
Posts: 97
Working for books - did it yesterday

Originally Posted by Expat_852 View Post
Given that Accelerate is about to end I would suggest trying to buy an e-book for just a few points. That would give you more time to figure out the music download issue, assuming you still wanted that.

A similar question on StackExchange received the following reply...

I believe that the exact options vary by country, and vary over time. However, for most people, what you'll want to do is head to the IHG Rewards Club Digital Rewards catalogue, then search for ebooks. When you're on there, pick all (no filters) pick to sort by price ascending, then check each first letter in turn. Actually, check the numeric first letters first, they often have the cheapest deals!

Right now, as a UK-based IHG member, in the ebooks section for books starting with the "letter" 0 (zero), I can see some 3 point options. I can confirm, from person experience, that buying one of these is enough to trigger the Accelerate task for a redemption. (Well, 2-3 weeks later, but then this is IHG with their very shonky IT systems...)

Buying an e-book also triggered the bonus for me, though I had to choose a 4 point option because the 3 point options would not download / were out of stock.
I bought an ebook for 300 yesterday - will look out for the cheaper options next time, but 300 was fine. The music might be working again - haven't checked today, but it seemed dodgy yesterday
UKDegsy is offline  
Old Apr 15, 17, 8:56 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 8
I have also been having this same issue for the past several weeks now with points set to expire in a few days. Neither books nor music have worked for me as a US-based IHG member.
nullchain is offline  
Old Apr 22, 17, 5:40 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: GA
Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-exDM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Posts: 7,929
Books didn't work either.

I completed all my other Accelerate offers, so I didn't try too much harder for the 1000 points.
CPMaverick is offline  
Old Apr 22, 17, 12:10 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
Posts: 1,811
Originally Posted by Expat_852 View Post
Given that Accelerate is about to end I would suggest trying to buy an e-book for just a few points. That would give you more time to figure out the music download issue, assuming you still wanted that.

A similar question on StackExchange received the following reply...
The full Travel StackExchange link, in case you wanted the helpful screenshot, is https://travel.stackexchange.com/a/65782/26 . As the person who posted the answer there.... I can confirm that the instructions worked once more, and as UK-based member there's currently about half a dozen ebooks available for only 3 points, filter by first letter 0 (zero) to see most of them
Gagravarr is offline  
Old Apr 23, 17, 7:50 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 8
I was able to take advantage of the information provided by Expat_852 and Gagravarr to purchase an ebook for 4 points (and a document I actually wanted, too!) and thus keep my points from expiring.

There may have been a pricing devaluation at least for US-based users, as what was previously 3 points and didn't work is now 4 points but did. I did not track this too closely in detail so take it for what it's worth.
nullchain is offline  
Old Oct 16, 19, 8:42 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 16,482
I have a family member with expiring points and I want to buy a cheap ebook or emagazine for them on this site. Everything is great until I try to make the purchase and I get a popup saying "I'm sorry we're unable to complete your redemption at this time. Please contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center for further assistance." I tried last week and had the same result today. Any suggestions? I assume calling IHG would be met with some confusion and, likely, a lack of a solution.
iahphx is offline  
Old Oct 16, 19, 9:16 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YVR, HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Posts: 6,097
Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
I have a family member with expiring points and I want to buy a cheap ebook or emagazine for them on this site. Everything is great until I try to make the purchase and I get a popup saying "I'm sorry we're unable to complete your redemption at this time. Please contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center for further assistance." I tried last week and had the same result today. Any suggestions? I assume calling IHG would be met with some confusion and, likely, a lack of a solution.
Had the same problem yesterday. I have 7k left, expiring next month. I tried to buy an ebook yesterday and got the same error.
Finkface is offline  
Old Oct 22, 19, 7:09 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 16,482
Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
Had the same problem yesterday. I have 7k left, expiring next month. I tried to buy an ebook yesterday and got the same error.
Any other simple way to extend the life of these points? It doesn't look like this Digital Rewards thing is going to work.
iahphx is offline  
Old Oct 23, 19, 3:31 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 16,482
delete
iahphx is offline  
Old Oct 26, 19, 4:30 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YVR, HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Posts: 6,097
Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
Any other simple way to extend the life of these points? It doesn't look like this Digital Rewards thing is going to work.
I have a car rental coming up which Ill credit to IHG. The return date is one day before the points expire so hoping they post quickly or it isnt too much trouble to fix it retroactively.
Finkface is offline  
Old Feb 6, 20, 5:44 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SFO/EWR/DEL
Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,547
Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
Everything is great until I try to make the purchase and I get a popup saying "I'm sorry we're unable to complete your redemption at this time. Please contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center for further assistance." I tried last week and had the same result today. Any suggestions? I assume calling IHG would be met with some confusion and, likely, a lack of a solution.
I get the same error on multiple browsers. How did you guys resolve this?
abcx is offline  
Old Feb 10, 20, 3:07 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: GA
Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-exDM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Posts: 7,929
Originally Posted by abcx View Post
I get the same error on multiple browsers. How did you guys resolve this?
I didn't...
CPMaverick is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: