Wiki Posts
Search

Vanishing Stays

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
Vanishing Stays

Has anyone else seen an issue where a stay shows as pending then completely vanished from the account a couple of days later rather than actually posting?

It no longer appears in "My Hotel Reviews" or the "Past Stays" section of the IHG Phone application and it's impossible to submit a missing stay form as it says the confirmation number is invalid.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I've never experienced that particular issue but I'm sure that if you email [email protected] along with your account number and a copy of the hotel invoice then they'll sort it out and get the stay posted for you.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:30 pm
Suspended

I had that happen when one hotel was slow to post my stay. But wait for 5 working days the stay will be posted and the stay will be shown again. It is a time gap thing. Nowadays it takes 2-3 workings days for hotel to post but some hotel is slow. And for whatever reason is some hotel disappear from the app or account activity until the stay is posted one week after you check-out. Just hang on to your receipt and original confirmation email.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Problem is what if it doesn't post before accelerate finishes?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by JustinIreland
Problem is what if it doesn't post before accelerate finishes?
Accelerate goes on stay dates not the dates it posted to your account. As chongcao says hang on to the receipt until everything posts as it has the reservation number and your IHGRC# on it.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Poster

The receipt doesn't have Rewards Club member on but the confirmation upon booking does.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JustinIreland
The receipt doesn't have Rewards Club member on but the confirmation upon booking does.
That's not uncommon so why don't you just email IHG about it as I suggested earlier in this thread and let them sort it all out for you?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
I had this year a case in Italy. They put our passport info on their computer, so both our names were there. A week+ after check-out when the stay did not post I looked at the receipt and noticed they did it on my wife's name without the IHG number.

I wrote to the hotel, and the front desk manager did not even apologize, he only copied me on an email he sent to IHG with Wrong daily rate.
I had to scan the paper receipt and send it to IHG.

Lessons: Check the receipt when you get it. Keep the paper receipt until the stay and points are posted !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.