Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maximizing Bonus Points over Easter Weekend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Maximizing Bonus Points over Easter Weekend

I made reservations for a stay at HI Express from 4/14-4/17. I noticed that the Accelerate Promotion ends on 4/15 which would give me 4500 points for a stay using IHG Rewards credit card. However, I also have an opportunity to get 5000 for a weekend stay in the next 3 months (birthday stay promotion). The rep suggested that I go to the counter and pay for one night on morning of 4/15, which sounds like a good idea to take advantage of Accelerate. However, it occurred to me that the remaining days might not be on the reservation anymore after the first payment and I would not get other bonus points for the birthday stay. Has anyone dealt with this issue to give advice? Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by elcraig
I made reservations for a stay at HI Express from 4/14-4/17. I noticed that the Accelerate Promotion ends on 4/15 which would give me 4500 points for a stay using IHG Rewards credit card. However, I also have an opportunity to get 5000 for a weekend stay in the next 3 months (birthday stay promotion). The rep suggested that I go to the counter and pay for one night on morning of 4/15, which sounds like a good idea to take advantage of Accelerate. However, it occurred to me that the remaining days might not be on the reservation anymore after the first payment and I would not get other bonus points for the birthday stay. Has anyone dealt with this issue to give advice? Thanks.
Nights stayed upto and including 15th april count for 1Q2017 accelerator, even when posted to account later afte checkout.

There is no need to try and checkout after 2nights of 3nights, you can't anyway, checkout would cancel/lose the 3rd night.

Your 3nights stay with nights of 14th, 15th, 16th (checkout 17th) will count as 2nights, 1 stay.
Further as 14th+15th April is Fri+Sat would also count as 2night weekend stay

The only thing not covered is some accelerator tasks need the booking to be after both i)1st Jan 2017 ii)after Acelerator registration. Only you know that part of your booking and registration dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.