Preference: IC Prague or IC Vienna

Old Apr 2, 17, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
Preference: IC Prague or IC Vienna

I'm travelling to Hungary next week and have the option of stopping off in Prague or Vienna. I have been to both cities before, albeit briefly, but I have stayed in neither IC property.

I'll be booking a club room. Does the club lounge still exist at IC Prague? I can't find any references to it online anymore.

I'm looking for recommendations for one property over the other, based on the rooms themselves, and quality of club and spa facilities. IC Vienna stands out as more impressive online, but I'm open to suggestions! I'm Spire Ambassador, for what it's worth.

Thanks in advance ^
Old Apr 2, 17, 9:51 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
The IC prague is nice... I haven't been to Vienna...

The IC Prague is in a fantastic location, the service is good but some of the rooms are a little run down.

The lounge is good for the price. Reasonable food options but I don't like the layout.

I had a massage there and it was pretty good. The gym is laaarge for an inner-city hotel gym. and they do lots of classes.

Overall I do like the IC Prague, it is very affordable.
Old Apr 3, 17, 2:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I've been to both and think that the IC Prague is definitely the better choice. IC Prague has a great location, the staff are nice, and the rooms are in better shape than those in Vienna (they could both use a refresh, but Vienna is worse IMHO). I think the Club in Prague has better food and drink options as well.
Old Apr 3, 17, 8:06 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Both properties are not the newest, Vienna got a soft-refurbishment more recently (but still years ago).

IMHO Prague goes first in all aspects:

Location --> Perfect, awesome views if you get the right room plus many options for food/drinks/entertainment within short walking distance

Value --> Typically rates are lower compared to Vienna. Plus Prague gives better upgrades, as RA you will typically end up in a Suite while Vienna sticks to the 2-category policy.

Lounge --> Larger offer in Prague, especially during the day and in the evening. Good (though not outstanding) quality. Very attentive service.
(Though view from lounge is a strong plus for Vienna - Prague is a little "dark")

Gym / Pool --> Bigger & better in Prague though

Rooms --> Somehow old at both properties. I prefer Prague for room size and layout (Vienna a little cramped in some categories, similar to Frankfurt). Depends a lot on your upgrade of course.

OT: What about Budapest? Do you stay at the IC? This would be my #1 comparing all three properties - especially the lounge is great (views!).
Old Apr 3, 17, 8:46 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
+1 Both Prague and Budapest rate above Vienna. Both hotels rooms on the tired side.

Love the IC Budapests angled Junior Suites Chain Bridge , River and lit up Fishermans Bastion view , plus great lounge view/staff/offerings

Prague if right room given, has River+Bridge view which is great
Old Apr 20, 17, 10:43 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
I agree with above posts, IC Prague far the better choice

my view of IC Vienna is negative, did not like it
Old Apr 21, 17, 10:05 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I've never been to Prague but seeing this pictures the view would be better than Vienna.

Prague view would be "similar" to Budapest, provided you're facing the river.

Everytime I go to Budapest I always get the x10 rooms, which are the Executive Suites Corner/entire side room. Living room is facing the River and Bedroom is facing the other side.
Old Apr 23, 17, 4:02 pm

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
IC Vienna offers the most elegant Lobby and Bar aera (compared to BUD and PRG). Suite Rooms are good and spacious (I prefer "studio suite"). Classic (club) room is poor. AMB get at least deluxe rooms, usually deluxe corner.
Club* got better in the last months, staff there is average to great (Maximilian ^).

IC BUD: The view is great (only river facing rooms). "JunSuite" rooms are very small, no real suite. Club is one of the best.*

BF: I would rank VIE and BUD above PRG.
At least VIE and BUD allow Club guests to have BF in the main restaurant.

*I don't know, at what time the new (poor) IC Club rules will be executed.
Old Apr 24, 17, 10:27 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hannes08 View Post
At least VIE and BUD allow Club guests to have BF in the main restaurant.

I was at BUD just last month and I was not given the option of BF in the main restaurant instead of in the Club.

I asked 3 different members of staff at various locations
Old Apr 25, 17, 11:22 am

Programs: AF/KLM LTP| Emirates Gold |InterContinental Spire RA |A Club Gold |AMEX Plat| Visa Plat |Hertz P
Vienna/Prague
Building +/ --
Atmosphere +++/++
Suite +++/+++
Club lounge +++/+
Pool NA/+
Service +++/++
Old May 7, 17, 8:36 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
i wld choose Praha over Vien, because of proximity to attractions, being the Old Square, and the Charles Bridge.

certainly from an exterior perspective, the Vienna property wins hands down, and the lobby at Vienna is the winner too, with the old world coffee haus...

at a recent stay, in March, both Vienna and Prague properties had breakfast in the restaurant.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: