Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2017 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by individual hotel, chains or regions.
The Thread for 2018 could be found here.

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Big Promotions

IHG Accelerate Promotion (January 01 - April 15)

Discussion in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1807732-ihg-accelerate-1q-2017-1st-jan-15th-apr.html

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...X-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".

Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan - until 31 March 2017

IHG is running a promotion for Visa Platinum/Signature/Infinite card holders staying in InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo and Holiday Inn hotels in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan until 31 March 2017.

Book the Best Available Rate and receive a one category room upgrade and free breakfast (for up to 2 people).

For more information, visit http://www.ihg.com/hotels/cn/zh/glob...highendupgrade (available in Chinese only)

Russia

Citibank/Citi/Citigroup credit card holders receive a discount of 10% off the Best Available Rate at:
  • Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport (until 31 May 2017 - for details, see http://www.citiworldprivileges.com/ru/offer-detail/73415/Crowne-Plaza-St-Petersburg-Airport/)
  • Holiday Inn St. Petersburg-Moskovskye Vorota (until 10 July 2018 - for details, see http://www.citiworldprivileges.com/ru/offer-detail/82909/Holiday-Inn-StPetersburg---Moskovskye-Vorota/)
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by decker59
Ok but as long as IHG are aware that if there are no current promotions then I am likely to book elsewhere
I am with you.....I am a spire ambassador and haven't stayed at an IHG property for over 6 months. I switched to Hilton when they status matched me to diamond and its been brilliant. Free breakfast, free executive lounge and always an upgrade. I have 6 nights booked at an IC in Asia for the summer on a full flex rate and the same at a nearby Hilton. Unless IHG come up with something very soon then am off to Hilton with its guaranteed upgrade and free breakfast each day...all for less that the IC.......and both hotels look stunning.

Hilton have given me a challenge of 8 stays before the 2nd July and I had 4 booked already. My wife has a business trip and used my card and so I booked 3 nights this weekend as mattress runs at less than £60 a night. So now diamond till March 2019. Cant beat that.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
I was told by IHG CS that they do not have info on an accelerate program for Q2. It seems they arent going to have one this quarter.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star®, & Rapid Rewards
I don't think we will see any big promotions in the U.S. until the spring promotion is over:

A spring offer just for you—3,000 bonus points.
What’s stopping you?

This spring, there's a new way to earn more for your travel. Register and stay April 16–May 15, and you’ll earn
3,000 bonus points in 2 nights*.

Terms and Conditions
Stay 2 nights from April 16 – May 15 and receive 3,000 Bonus Points

*Open to legal residents in North, South and Central America, who are eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of registration. Members from Quebec are not eligible for this promotion. Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. 3,000 Bonus points will be awarded after member stays 2 qualifying nights during promotion period which is between 16 April 2017 and 15 May 2017 (both dates inclusive). Nights at the following hotels are eligible: InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® or Hualuxe™ hotel worldwide. A night is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable night stay credits. No retroactive points will be awarded for stays prior to registration. Member will receive the 3,000 bonus points only once during this promotion. Allow 4-6 weeks from stay for bonus points to be posted to your account. Subject to standard IHG® Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

© 2017 InterContinental Hotels Group, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta, Georgia 30346-2121 U.S.A. All rights reserved. Most hotels are independently owned and operated.
https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glo...&offerId=SB132
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
Originally Posted by ChimarraoMate
I don't think we will see any big promotions in the U.S. until the spring promotion is over:

A spring offer just for you—3,000 bonus points.
What’s stopping you?

This spring, there's a new way to earn more for your travel. Register and stay April 16–May 15, and you’ll earn
3,000 bonus points in 2 nights*.

Terms and Conditions

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glo...&offerId=SB132
I got this and used it within one week.
My first stay with IHG this year as a Platinum Elite member from last year.

Surely they have a data system that shows a significant amount of their members only staying when there are promotions on?

Back to Hiltons 2k bonus points per night until IHG release another promo.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Mine appears to be 8000 points for two nights paid with IHG credit card as the registered Spring Bonus.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star®, & Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ChimarraoMate
I've actually earned a decent amount of IHG points using Hertz through this IHG promotion this year. And my rates have been very competitive. Although, I have not been overly impressed with Hertz customer service at the counter. Upgrades are hit and miss, and not as nice as National, Enterprise, or Avis. I'm hoping that changes and has just been a fluke with some of the smaller locations I've used. Madrid Spain had great service and nice upgrades as a 5 Star.

Important to read carefully:

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glo...-AIX-SNR-Hertz
I posted information and links to this Hertz promotion for IHG points, and I feel as though I need to reply, due to my difficulty getting Hertz & IHG to honor this promotion. I don't think they intentionally tried not to honor it, but their systems were not well tested and setup to support it. Typical tech bugs actually. Seems like when they set up my 5 Star Profile at Hertz, they automatically enrolled me to earn Hertz Rewards. Despite following the terms of the the promotion, using the correct CDP code and clicking the link from the IHG page, Hertz system kept defaulting my rentals to receive Hertz points instead of IHG. The strange thing is, it worked correctly for 1 out of 6 rentals. So now I am still waiting for the two to correct the issues and get my IHG points for the rentals. I've had to call IHG 2 times in 14 days and Hertz 1 time. I am hoping I will see my points soon, but this is beginning to be a real annoyance.

I wish I could say I would benefit from using Hertz, but I think IHG made a huge mistake partnering with them. Hertz does not know how to do business with frequent travelers. Long waits and standing in line to pick up cars that are in terrible shape. Having had 6 rentals and about 30 days worth with Hertz in the last three months, I can honestly say I am sick of them. I'm going back to using Avis, National, and Enterprise. Which means that my Spire Fire Star Hertz benefit w/ Points earning ended up being a big bust. Oh well, just one more Spire benefit that felt more like a chore than a benefit.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Not sure if this is the right place to post this promo.

Plan, Travel, & Treat Yourself
Discover another benefit of being an IHG® Rewards Club member.

Book from April 30 to May 7, 2017 and receive 50% off Reward Nights at select resorts in Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean. Valid for stays from May 1st to June 30th, 2017.

Turn your daydream into a reality. Choose from any of the stunning locations on the drop-down list or the resorts featured below, select Reward Nights for your rate preference and start planning today.

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glo..._2016_2ndround
Old May 8, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I booked a bonus point package as part of the Sunshine Sale email that went out last month (earn 50% more elite qualifying points on the bonus point package you book by 4/28/17 and stay by 5/31/17). The 50% elite qualifying bonus (2,500 points on a 5,000 bonus point rate) has posted as non-qualifying, so if anyone else took advantage of this promotion to help towards requalifying as a Platinum or Spire, just be prepared to chase and jump through hoops in order to get the bonus to post properly as elite qualifying.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:01 pm

Do cash and point awards stays at Intercontinental hotels generate stay credit toward status?

Will a cash and point stay also count as a "stay" for the purpose of a promotion that requires a specific number of IC stays?
Old May 14, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Do cash and point awards stays at Intercontinental hotels generate stay credit toward status?

Will a cash and point stay also count as a "stay" for the purpose of a promotion that requires a specific number of IC stays?
Points and cash stays are simply reward nights where you bought some points to help you get to the reward. They count toward general IHG status if you qualify by nights instead of qualifying points, but AFAIK, don't count toward Royal Ambassador status.

Generally the only time a points & cash stay counts for promotions is when you have a specific task that says 'book and stay using points and cash' and it will trigger that completion but not be part of triggering other completions like 'stay five nights' or 'stay at an Intercontinental'. It's one of the categories where IHG doesn't let you double dip for Accelerate and such.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Points and cash stays are simply reward nights where you bought some points to help you get to the reward. They count toward general IHG status if you qualify by nights instead of qualifying points, but AFAIK, don't count toward Royal Ambassador status.

Generally the only time a points & cash stay counts for promotions is when you have a specific task that says 'book and stay using points and cash' and it will trigger that completion but not be part of triggering other completions like 'stay five nights' or 'stay at an Intercontinental'. It's one of the categories where IHG doesn't let you double dip for Accelerate and such.
Thank you!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:10 pm

With Intercontinental, if I want to combine different rate types into a single stay, can I just book separate consecutive reservations and inform the hotel that I need the same room for the whole stay?

I ask because I have to stay on "your rate" to trigger a bonus, but also want to use an Ambassador weekend night certificate, and possibly an award night or two on the same stay.

It seems it would be easier to just make separate bookings than to have to call in and get different rate types merged into one booking by central reservations. And I want to make sure I trigger the "Your Rate" bonus.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:32 pm

Wrong thread - sorry
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
With Intercontinental, if I want to combine different rate types into a single stay, can I just book separate consecutive reservations and inform the hotel that I need the same room for the whole stay?

I ask because I have to stay on "your rate" to trigger a bonus, but also want to use an Ambassador weekend night certificate, and possibly an award night or two on the same stay.

It seems it would be easier to just make separate bookings than to have to call in and get different rate types merged into one booking by central reservations. And I want to make sure I trigger the "Your Rate" bonus.
yes you can book them yourself online, and just let the property know when you arrive, if they don't notice by your IHG number, and merge prior.

If not prepaid, some will want you to settle your folio as each booking concludes during your stay.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:04 pm

How does one receive more promotions from IHG?

Have some upcoming Intercontinental stays in the USA, and being based in New Zealand my promotions/offers (Accelerate and OTA Book Direct 2017) are all for stays outside Americas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.