FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New benefit? Executive lounge access for platinum elites (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1826409-new-benefit-executive-lounge-access-platinum-elites.html)

stvr Mar 1, 2017 2:23 am

New benefit? Executive lounge access for platinum elites

I got a postcard in the mail from Chase, touting the benefits of being a Chase IHG cardholder. They noted that platinum elite status would soon come with executive lounge access, "where available."

Is this a typo/error or a great policy change? Assuming the latter, but keeping the former as a viable option.

Raffles Mar 1, 2017 2:28 am

Originally Posted by stvr (Post 27973558)
I got a postcard in the mail from Chase, touting the benefits of being a Chase IHG cardholder. They noted that platinum elite status would soon come with executive lounge access, "where available."

Is this a typo/error or a great policy change? Assuming the latter, but keeping the former as a viable option.

That's right, because IHG is willing to give you (for example) club access in IC Paris which costs €140 per night just for taking out a free credit card.

The best you will get from the changes this year is club access, for Spire Elite only, at CP hotels only.

Lenflyer64 Mar 1, 2017 7:06 am

You beat me to it. I got that same mailing and thought it was quite odd that Platinums would get lounge. Of course it doesn't apply to ICs as they have the Ambassador program. But if you look at the link for ihgrewards.com/elitebenefits that the card points you to, you'll see it doesn't mention lounge, even for Spire. Though on here, folks are talking about Spire sometimes getting lounge at CPs. But pretty sure no lounge for Plats.

robnc35 Mar 1, 2017 9:17 am

IHG twitter says yes for lounge for spire the hotels.. THE HOTELS SAY NO TO LOUNGE AS BENEFIT FOR SPIRE

stvr Mar 1, 2017 9:33 am

Maybe I will take this postcard from hotel to hotel and wave it around at check-in like a madman to get free lounge access.

FFlash Mar 1, 2017 10:25 am

We Spires we are the most pathetic guests at IHG hotels (sarcasm)

chrism20 Mar 1, 2017 10:30 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 27975548)
We Spires we are the most pathetic guests at IHG hotels (sarcasm)

You're not far from the truth though.

Still at least the hotel staff now seem to know what Spire is which is a step in the right direction.

stvr Mar 1, 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 27973569)
That's right, because IHG is willing to give you (for example) club access in IC Paris which costs €140 per night just for taking out a free credit card.

I get the sarcasm. But it's not so far-fetched. US-based Hyatt cardholders get lounge access (for $50,000 spend), so do Hilton cardholders (for no spend). So do Ritz Carlton cardholders. So do SPG Biz Amex cardholders. So it's not so crazy. And the card isn't free; it has an annual fee.

Regardless, I have it in writing that IHG Plats get lounge access. *sarcasm*

Colin Mar 1, 2017 1:34 pm

Hyatt credit card spend $50K/y gets mid-tier status and thus certs for lounge access on 4 stays

Baze Mar 1, 2017 1:43 pm

I just got the same mailer and it definitely says Executive Lounge Access (where available). Does not say which brands. and yes, going to the link provided it does not mention anything about lounge at all, even for Spire. Me thinks there is a disconnect.

stvr Mar 1, 2017 3:27 pm

What percentage of the 400 Crowne Plazas have clubs anyway? Like 30%?

What about the 1,200 Holiday Inns? Like 5%?

I presume this doesn't include Intercontinental hotels? Do any of their other brands have club lounges? Kimpton? Indigo?

So this is, like, 200 properties at most?

tom_MN Mar 1, 2017 3:43 pm

Several times I have got lounge access for being platinum at CP Grand Rapids airport. I thought this was standard?

notquiteaff Mar 1, 2017 8:26 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is a photo of the card. I mentioned it last week in the Spire lounge thread.

YoungSoloTraveler Mar 2, 2017 2:09 pm

Should take this card and wave it around at check in for my next CP stay. Can only imagine their reaction :D

TravelKane Mar 2, 2017 2:16 pm

Key words "where available"
It's just not available.
Only at very (very) few properties.
No benefits for IHG Elite = why I am bailing from IHG.