Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New benefit? Executive lounge access for platinum elites

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Should take this card and wave it around at check in for my next CP stay. Can only imagine their reaction
I got access to the lounge just 10 days ago, without having to ask. At the PDX Holiday Inn. I didn't even know HI could have lounges. Small with a table, fridge with tiny water bottles (and soda, I think) and a basked of small off-brand trail mix bags.

CP at Orlando airport gave me lounge access a few years ago. Somewhat better but still nothing I would be too excited about.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:25 pm

You don't get something for nothing. Wouldn't surprise me that if all IHG Platinums now receive complimentary lounge access the annual fee for the CHASE card might be raised accordingly.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Years back I used to get lounge access as Platinum in HI and CP Hotels.
I don't know if this benefit was removed over the years but glad to see it back (if its real).
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:53 pm

I'm not sure who designed that card/mailer, but I think when they asked for data to include, someone handed them the wrong envelope.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
The mailing directs you to the ighrewards.com/elitebenefits site and it doesn't state lounge as a benefit. The chances of Plats getting it seem very slim. Seems much more likely a mistake on the mailing. Maybe someone can ask the twitter contact. I don't have twitter or I would. Though it seems via twitter they said Spire gets lounge at CPs but some are reporting that isn't the case. See that thread for more.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by cr34102
I'm not sure who designed that card/mailer, but I think when they asked for data to include, someone handed them the wrong envelope.
Ha! Somewhat current event reference. Classic comedy.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:28 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
ViewFromTheWing tried to confirm with IHG Rewards - and it was a mistake, no lounge access benefit for Platinum...
If you get lounge access it's luck or your winning smile, not a Platinum benefit
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Twitter says yes.. IHG and Hotels say Nooo.. and that's for Spire members
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Do you think Chase will send a correction?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by stvr
Do you think Chase will send a correction?
does it matter...the hotel just needs to say it's not available...end of
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Saral
does it matter...the hotel just needs to say it's not available...end of
I read "where available" to mean "where a hotel HAS a lounge."
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
IHG's loyalty program has always been chintzy. As Platinum, I get lounge access frequently at London Heathrow CPlaza, but never count on it anywhere else. Kinda short-sighted on their part, I think. For example, I'm rather lukewarm on the lounge access when travelling solo, but my husband loves them, so we usually end up at a Hilton property. I hope that IHG gets with it pretty soon and offers some serious loyalty rewards to compete with Hilton. I really like both chains for their wide-range of properties at every cost level, and I'd like to stay with them equally.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Well, it worked. Had my next stay at a CP in California and came in with the postcard from Chase. Never had gotten club lounge access before at this property. After showing them the mailer, they agreed to give me access. Thanks Chase. Now for them to just... I don't know... edit the website? Train people?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.