Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick Quesiton about the IHG CC 'free' night

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Quick Quesiton about the IHG CC 'free' night

I have had the IHG credit card for a year and will soon be getting my 'free' night.

Question: If I book a room using the 'free' night and then have to cancel say a few weeks before the booked date, do they restore my free night to my account so I can use it again? Are there any issues or 'gotchas' I need to watch out for it I do that?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I believe as long as you are within the before the expiration date period, it should be refunded. Some people wait and book the night for after the expiration date of teh one year and therefore if you do that and cancel after you will loose it.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input.

I have at times in the past put off using various freebies only to see them slip away. I will use this room first opportunity I get this year. ;-)
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Had an occasion to change a Chase Annual reservation to another city & date, and was concerned that the cancellation wouldn't properly restore the credit -- Murphy's Law and all that, ya know. A phone chat with the R-Club folks made it painless.
/.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.