Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo - Downtown Los Angeles (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Hotel Indigo - Downtown Los Angeles (Master Thread)

Now accepting reservations for arrivals staring April 15, 2017.

Reward nights not loaded yet.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Rewards nights now available at 30k a night, starts April 8.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:25 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Troopers
Seems like a great deal given the pricing of most LA properties! Looking forward to staying here!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Troopers
Hotel is already open and has now added all availability. It opened last week.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:51 am

This is great to see, but can anyone comment about the new Intercontinental at the Wilshire Grand? How is that progressing, and can we expect it to be open by August ?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:11 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by jpdx
Seems like a great deal given the pricing of most LA properties! Looking forward to staying here!
Yep.

Just booked a weekend stay for this summer @ 30k points per night.

Will post my thoughts, of course.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:08 pm

Rates got bumped to 50k/night.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:50 am

Booked @50k points/night for next week. Son is pumped about the trip.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:52 am

It is a great hotel - I stayed for 2 nights Fri and Sat.
I am a lonely Gold - but was still made to feel very Welcome and the breakfast was great.

Nice room and good shower/bathroom - comfy bed.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by coffee18
Rates got bumped to 50k/night.
I had a strong feeling that was going to happen.. 30k was just too good
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Stayed here last weekend. The property is indeed beautiful, but the service and IHG recognition was horrendous (even by IHG's typical lacking standards aside from the Intercontinental brand).

A few of the issues:
- reserved a king room (specifically, per my confirmation, a "king standard non-smoking"). At 3pm check-in, was told no king room was available, was advised to check back later and given a double room on the lowest possible floor. Before leaving for dinner, still no king was available. Even when I got back to the hotel at 11:30pm, was still told nothing was available (despite ihg.com showing 9 different king room types still available - and all king categories showing at least 3+ rooms available!). Even more frustrating, while at the check-in desk the couple next to me was assigned a king room! Was told any room reservation was "simply a preference and not a guarantee."
- absolutely no recognition of Spire status. Had to request the welcome amenity (drink voucher) after checking-in. No room upgrade, no late checkout (not even to 12:30, as requested), was told at the bar the free welcome drink voucher didn't include any of the signature drinks - only beer or house wine (although the voucher specifically states a "signature drink" is included).
- was looking forward to trying out the rooftop bar - 18 Social - which is clearly advertised throughout the hotel's webpage and in the room. Apparently, though, 18 Social hasn't even opened yet (no mention of this anywhere)

On the plus side, here are a few photos of the room and pool deck:

It's really hard to recommend this property despite the beautiful design and location.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:12 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Yikes.

I am am staying here in two weeks on points.

. The hotel is 100% sold out so I guess I shouldn't expect an upgrade as a Spire.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:49 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Stayed here for 2 nights last weekend.

Here is a quick vid of the Suite.

I was able to book this for 30k points per night when booking went live. They offered to upgrade me to a King Executive as that's all that was available at 1pm when we checked in but I opted to wait 2 hours for their top of the line suite to be cleaned and they put me in there.

$42/day for parking.....If you are going on a weekend there are literally 5 parking garages within walking distance that charge $10-18/day flat rates on the weekend.

Grocery store and Target and a mall within walking distance. Same with the 24hr Famous Original Pantry Cafe--1 block away.

Overall a great hotel. I will stay again. ^^
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
So, advice required. Booking a3 night LA stay for next month and the Indigo and IC are similar prices. Which should I go for as Spire?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
I'm here at the minute as a lowly Gold. Really nice decent sized room (upgraded to a king exec on the 17th floor), floor to ceiling windows, beautiful bathroom with large shower enclosure. Friendly staff. Had to prompt for drinks voucher though. managed to check in just after 12pm too. Pool, 18th floor bar etc all now open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.