Wiki Posts
Search

E-Rewards points not Elite Qualifying?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by scubaccr
except t+c's state that it is your responsibility to keep abreast of terms by checking yourself and that IHG do not need inform you upfront.

However t+c's never said transferred e-rewards points are EQPs... that would have been communicated to e-rewads who need update their own e-rewards website. IHG are not responsible for that lasck of (or incorrect)
info
T ans c's on e-rewards website said and still says they are EQP, if it wasn't mentioned at all I would understand but it specifically states they are EQP, I have an email from IHG dated 22.2.17 which states they should be EQP...so even they didn't know then

anyway they have amended my 8000 points deposited since 21.2.17 to EQP
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TeflonMan
Shame these are no longer EQP.

Is there a list anywhere of which partner points / transfers are actually qualifying?
Or can we compile one?
someone reported this week that Virgin points transferred still credited as EQP
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Saral
someone reported this week that Virgin points transferred still credited as EQP
The reason I asked was that I searched around for info on transfer-in partners, but couldn't really find anything.

So Virgin is one; I have points / miles with BA / Avios, Miles & More, Flying Blue, Hertz, but couldn't find any info on transfers to IHG on either the Rewards Club site or the respective websites.

E-rewards was always a good way for me to bridge a relatively small gap to achieving Spire.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
On a related note, I just had points post from IHG Dining Rewards for the first time this year, and they posted as non elite qualifying. Has anyone else had that happen? I looked for a thread about it, but couldn't find anything.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
On a related note, I just had points post from IHG Dining Rewards for the first time this year, and they posted as non elite qualifying. Has anyone else had that happen? I looked for a thread about it, but couldn't find anything.
I don't have dining rewards being in the UK but I think someone mention in the e-rewards thread that from 22 Feb the dining points were not EQ, not sure if that was official or they were just commenting on their points posting
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VS, PX, AI
Just found out about e-rewards not qualifying the hard way too.

So if you wanted IHG elite qualifying points from e-rewards, could a transfer to Virgin Atlantic, at 6500 e-r points for 2000 miles each time, then once you have 10,000 miles, transfer VS miles to IHG as elite qualifying points.

This gets you a worse conversion rate of 13,000 e-r points to 4,000 IHG points, compared to 10,000 e-r points for a direct transfer, but apparently still elite qualifying.

Is this doable?

Cheers skip
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pineappleskip
Just found out about e-rewards not qualifying the hard way too.

So if you wanted IHG elite qualifying points from e-rewards, could a transfer to Virgin Atlantic, at 6500 e-r points for 2000 miles each time, then once you have 10,000 miles, transfer VS miles to IHG as elite qualifying points.

This gets you a worse conversion rate of 13,000 e-r points to 4,000 IHG points, compared to 10,000 e-r points for a direct transfer, but apparently still elite qualifying.

Is this doable?

Cheers skip
Should work fine, although you might be tempted to get higher value from the VS miles (as flights) than sending them to IHG as EQP.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Has anyone else logged in to their IHG account this morning to see past non-qualifying E-rewards transfers (made after the recent switch to non-qualifying) suddenly reversed and reposted as elite qualifying?? I'm certainly not complaining!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moe8555
Has anyone else logged in to their IHG account this morning to see past non-qualifying E-rewards transfers (made after the recent switch to non-qualifying) suddenly reversed and reposted as elite qualifying?? I'm certainly not complaining!
on Wednesday I had 1000 pts credited and then reversed straight away...had no clue what it was for,
my last redemption was for 1000 pts though, those went thru as non qualifying, but can't remember if my transfer was before or after e-rewards amended there t and c's...might ask them what it was for
Old May 2, 2017, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555

Yes, I saw this on my account as well.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:45 am

So ... are they just amending past transfers or will new ones, too, once again be EQ?
Old May 3, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
So ... are they just amending past transfers or will new ones, too, once again be EQ?
That was exactly what I was wondering. If anyone has any recent data points from the past week -- please advise! I still have a while before I reach the $100 transfer threshold (for maximum value...).
Old May 3, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
I sent over a 1,000 point increment to test this and it posted this week as non-qualifying.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

I wouldn't have thought new ones would go back to being EQ especially now e-rewards have finally got round to amending the t and c's to say points are not EQ
Old May 4, 2017, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by unclepants
I sent over a 1,000 point increment to test this and it posted this week as non-qualifying.
Well, thanks for taking one for the team!
pineappleskip likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.