FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Program benefits changing Feb 1 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1818813-program-benefits-changing-feb-1-a.html)

markis10 Jan 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Program benefits changing Feb 1

There will be an email sent shortly outlining the changes, one of the main ones is more set benefits for spire, starting at checkin.

Status members will be offered a choice of welcome drink or points:

Gold 200 points or house wine, beer or a non alcoholic drink.
Platinum 400 points or sparkling, house wine, beer or non alco.
Spire 600 points or a cocktail, sparkling, house wine or beer, non alcoholic.

Late checkout has also been scrubbed for all members eff Jan 1, elite only now can request it.

perthite Jan 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by markis10 (Post 27842280)
There will be an email sent shortly outlining the changes, one of the main ones is more set benefits for spire, starting at checkin.

Just makes you want to push for Spire doesn't it!!

sleuth Jan 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Late checkout has also been scrubbed for all members eff Jan 1, elite only now can request it.

Is this a joke?

markis10 Jan 30, 2017 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by sleuth (Post 27842583)
Is this a joke?

That depends on what other benefits are mentioned in the email.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...psjhcb8uqj.jpg

submonte Jan 31, 2017 12:48 am

Good step in the right direction.

kauppias Jan 31, 2017 9:05 am

What a JOKE!!!

JustinIreland Jan 31, 2017 9:26 am

Is that flat rate now regardless of what type of Hotel you stay at?

Or will there be differing levels of points depending on property type?

That sucks.

yurtripper Jan 31, 2017 3:04 pm

So Spire elites can now look forward to 600 points that don't post while us mere Plats have to content ourselves with 400 points that don't post. Jealous!

VaBeachGirl Jan 31, 2017 7:19 pm

These cannot seriously be the benefits we've been waiting on for 2 years.... Really, couldn't Spires get free breakfast as one of their choices???

darthbimmer Jan 31, 2017 10:12 pm

Which brand(s) do these benefits apply to? I'd love to know how a Spire at a HIX, SBS, or CWS is going to get a complimentary cocktail!

markis10 Jan 31, 2017 10:31 pm

Maybe the voucher setup is only for CP which is where I got the info, still waiting on the email.

SansSerif Jan 31, 2017 10:48 pm

Scrubbed late check out (already stingy at non intercon hotels) = me giving up on IHG

FonzieBone Feb 1, 2017 12:35 am

Originally Posted by SansSerif (Post 27847926)
Scrubbed late check out (already stingy at non intercon hotels) = me giving up on IHG

This is big for me too, if true. We take advantage of this quite often.

It's funny that the video you have to watch to earn Priceless Experiences entries literally has "late check out" as one of the selling points.

KMPete Feb 1, 2017 1:54 am

Without the guarantee of late checkout I'll have to look for a different program. That was the one benefit I felt like was always safe from individual hotel interpretation. What a lousy thing to change.

markis10 Feb 1, 2017 1:57 am

Originally Posted by KMPete (Post 27848336)
Without the guarantee of late checkout I'll have to look for a different program. That was the one benefit I felt like was always safe from individual hotel interpretation. What a lousy thing to change.

Late checkout is still available to elite, and one of the Gold member benefits that is still left, just not on offer to club now. In theory it should mean more availability now, in theory....