Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Program benefits changing Feb 1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Raffles
Clearly not a fan of orange Jacob's Club biscuits :-)
Wait, you get biscuits?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Nothibg new offered at HI Apt Helsinki. Same boring benefits
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:31 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by kauppias
Nothibg new offered at HI Apt Helsinki. Same boring benefits
What else exactly can they offer?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Wait, you get biscuits?
yeah, was a few years ago now though
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:10 am

I remember the first time I encountered the orange club biscuit. Holiday Inn Haydock.

"I see you are a Platinum member (This was pre-Spire), thank you for being a member of the club" as the biscuit was slid across the reception desk towards me.

I actually laughed and asked if this was a joke and the woman very sternly said "No" and smiled.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by :D!
They upgrade you always to their "jr suite" with chocolate+water from minibar included. The place is dull, but at least they try to sweeten elites
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Still getting 500 welcome amenity points at HIX...no change. The HIX I got them from is on the latest IHG system just installed 3 weeks ago. Nothing has changed with them as far as benefits and they are not aware of any changes.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by :D!
Well for instance the new choices for dribks

Just a observation

As for this hotel they do normally upgrade me to exec but now they only had a King bed exec room left so I passed on that as I needed two beds.

I wish they would offer Breakfast in liue of points/drink or atleast a reasonable price for breakfast add on to points stays like holiday Inn Tampere used to at the old location.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by kauppias
I wish they would offer Breakfast in liue of points/drink or atleast a reasonable price for breakfast add on to points stays like holiday Inn Tampere used to at the old location.
Yes.

I was offered a drink per night (all 3 rooms) regulary on reward stays as well, and mini bar (Indigo Rome).

Why not the choice between those things and breakfast, even reduced/ a voucher?

On paid stays they can keep my points and drink voucher and give breakfast instead.

Do they assume guests in hotels must have drinks every time? I so often did not use my vouchers (not getting points as alternative). If I want to drink something I go and order a glass of whatever wherever. Breakfast I want in the hotel.

It remains as it is. IHG ignores that breakfast matter defiantly.

Last edited by submonte; Feb 12, 2017 at 8:26 am
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by submonte
Yes.

I was offered a drink per night (all 3 rooms) regulary on reward stays as well, and mini bar (Indigo Rome).

On paid stays they can keep my points and drink voucher and give breakfast instead.

Do they assume guests in hotels must have drinks every time? I so often did not use my vouchers (not getting points as alternative). If I want to drink something I go and order a glass of whatever wherever. Breakfast I want in the hotel.

Here we are talking.
For multi-stayers, my employer would not like to see me drunk every night if I was to take every time that offered welcome drink(s). Neither would I like to gain weight doing that every night.
Then, no breakfast, I don't want to spend 25€ just for a miserable collection of items, not for the principle rather than for the money value. So I go and grab something easier and cheaper at nearby store or whatever, so it is kinda loss for IHG too. Lose-lose. But not everyone is like me so this is not a general rule. Someone at IHG must have done some accounting.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Here we are talking.
For multi-stayers, my employer would not like to see me drunk every night if I was to take every time that offered welcome drink(s). Neither would I like to gain weight doing that every night.
Then, no breakfast, I don't want to spend 25€ just for a miserable collection of items, not for the principle rather than for the money value. So I go and grab something easier and cheaper at nearby store or whatever, so it is kinda loss for IHG too. Lose-lose. But not everyone is like me so this is not a general rule. Someone at IHG must have done some accounting.
We are two at least with same behaviour.

Yes they have must done some investigation, but who knows when they did this last time and whom they asked.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by submonte
Yes.

I've always been able to get points credited by complaining to customer care that I wasn't offered points as an option for the welcome gift.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
I've always been able to get points credited by complaining to customer care that I wasn't offered points as an option for the welcome gift.
Thank you for the information. Good to know. I will do so next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.