Wiki Posts
Search

Earning qualifying points/nights from Cash + Points reward nights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Earning qualifying points/nights from Cash + Points reward nights

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find an answer. Does the cash component of the Points + Cash reward nights count towards elite qualification? And would the number of nights stayed also count? The IHG website is rather unclear. Any clarification would be much appreciate. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
No, the cash part is a cash buy of points. That's why you will not get the cash back if you cancel, instead you get all the points back. So if you do 30k + $40 and then cancel the booking, you get $0 back, but 35K, or whatever the amount of points the $40 represents.

The night is qualifying towards Spire though, but not Royal Ambassador.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
On the upside, you don't pay percentage-based sales/VAT taxes on the cash part of the booking either. (Some flat rate per room taxes like you get in Paris still apply)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.