Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental Maracaibo Venezuela

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Intercontinental Maracaibo Venezuela

I stayed 6 days at the Intercontinental in Maracaibo. Not once did anyone open the door for me, I always had to physically get up from my table to find a waiter in order to get the check, and the laundry facility actually lost one of my shirts. Even though I stayed 6 days (and spent over $2500) I had to argue with them for 30 minutes on the day of checkout to get the laundry bill (about $10) removed. Ridiculous! They should have paid me $120 for my freaking shirt or at least shown some gratitude that I was willing to let them off easy.

Also, I only got 2200 points for my 6 day stay. Is that typical? Seems odd that I'd spend $2500 and only get 2200 points.

Unfortunately the Intercontinental is the only game in town so there's really no choice to go back.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:50 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Sorry to hear of your bad experience at Maracaibo.

For Intercontinental hotels, points are not earned based on dollar amount spent, but a flat rate of 2000 base points per stay. You are most likely Priority Club Gold member, thereby earning you 10% bonus points (200) for the total of 2200 points.

Please visit SeatExpert.com International Airline seatmaps
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
At the risk of getting flamed for reviving old thread (last edits posted 2005 ?)

since this IC is on upcoming Pointsbreak....

Does any FTer out there have more recent stays in last 01-18months to report? ity
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
I guess a more pertinent question would be, do you have any recent experience with Venezuela? I've only stayed at the IC Tamanaco in Caracas a few times, so I've got nothing to add regarding the hotel in question. However, if you're not familiar with how things work in Venezuela, now is not the time to learn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.