Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Club Life Experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:02 pm

Currently at the Amstel.Upgraded from an entry city view room to a river view suite.The Amstel lounge and A bar both closed for a private function.Afternoon tea served by the river at the brasserie.A lovely sunny day and a great spread.Aperitifs in the bar at the brasserie.No question of any limits on consumption.

Offered a Bacardi + coke and a G+T for Mrs rapidex during check in.Service its usual polished self.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
At the Amstel tonight told it was a 2 drink limit for free drinks despite this limit not applying last night. Nothing winds me up more than properties and staff making things up as they go along.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
This is what happened to me in March. First night, no problem. The following night myself and my wife did as the first night, but had perhaps only 7 drinks between us.
As we were leaving we were handed a bill for 120 Euros by the slim shaven headed/bald barman.
He too mentioned this 2 drink limit which I disputed, and it was subsequently removed from the bill.
When I spoke to the Duty Manager, it was all a big mistake, apparently, - but something was definitely amiss.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turner32
This is what happened to me in March. First night, no problem. The following night myself and my wife did as the first night, but had perhaps only 7 drinks between us.
As we were leaving we were handed a bill for 120 Euros by the slim shaven headed/bald barman.
He too mentioned this 2 drink limit which I disputed, and it was subsequently removed from the bill.
When I spoke to the Duty Manager, it was all a big mistake, apparently, - but something was definitely amiss.
Same guy who served me last night and made a point of telling me this upfront but intend to charge some more drinks and argue at check out.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I can say that at the IC Porto club life experience there is seemingly no limit and if you ask politely they'll serve drinks that are not on the list. The staff gave us a port tasting session of maaany different types.

On more than one occasion Miss lewis42 and I consumed probably 6-10 drinks between us.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Same guy who served me last night and made a point of telling me this upfront but intend to charge some more drinks and argue at check out.
That's the sort of uncomfortable situation I'd hope to avoid. The joy of RA and selecting an IC is that the hotel part of travelling is generally stress-free: I get a nice room and I'm well looked after.

I don't think it's IHG's intention to create discomfort, stress and conflict for any guests, but particularly for RAs. It might be an idea to draw this interesting interpretation of hospitality to the attention of the customer service team.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
Be interesting to see if they try to claim it was a "mistake" again.

The thing is, if they want to offer this "Club Experience" then they need to do it properly, or don't do it at all.

​​​​​​​i'm guessing they'll opt out, whenever this "trial" ends.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:20 am

We were at the Amstel a few weeks ago and the 2 drink limit was raised on our 2nd night although we were served more than that. We queried it saying we'd had no problem the previous night and that they should clarify it with Customer relations. We also raised it and there is no such limit - it apparently comes from the fact that if you order evening cocktails as room service they send 2 drinks per person. No problem the next 2 evenings and nothing on the bill at check out.

The Club Life Experience is great there as it is at Porto and Marseille - I actually prefer it in some ways to a Club Lounge but if course it wouldn't work in the bigger ICs.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've had a bunch of stays at Marseille this year and some nights they get it right and some nights they don't. I learned to not stress about it because even if I'm charged for extra drinks they will remove the charge later on. The GM admits that it's not running smoothly because they have a lot of special events there. A couple of nights we happened upon a celebrity affair, but we were well taken care of. It's inevitably confusing to try to replicate a club environment in a very active bar area.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
I've had a bunch of stays at Marseille this year and some nights they get it right and some nights they don't. I learned to not stress about it because even if I'm charged for extra drinks they will remove the charge later on. The GM admits that it's not running smoothly because they have a lot of special events there. A couple of nights we happened upon a celebrity affair, but we were well taken care of. It's inevitably confusing to try to replicate a club environment in a very active bar area.
Not sure how difficult it can be when there is an entirely separate menu and when it is clear that you are ordering from it.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
We have three nights in Marseille booked this week. Does anyone know if the Club Life experience is still being trialled plse?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
I believe IC - Chicago was testing something similar earlier this year

RAs got breakfast + Happy Hour (HH) at the Wine Bar / Tapas place where you got wine and a set dinner which was fairly good

On a recent visit, they stopped the HH but you still got breakfast and it seems you always get Starbuck's and Michael Jordan's drink coupons

The new updated suites are large and well-designed too
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by MrsW
We have three nights in Marseille booked this week. Does anyone know if the Club Life experience is still being trialled plse?
To answer my own question, the Club Life experience is still available in Marseille. Our bill at check out included one pay per view movie, several mini bar charges and a random charge from the terrace bar, which was not ours. I asked for all to be removed, which was no problem. We received an extra fruit, nut and biscuit tray, another litre of water, more fizzy pop for my kids, a pack of Les Navettes Marseillaises (biscuits) plus two bars of IC branded soap as an apology.

Following feedback upthread, when I handed in our Club Life survey, I asked how long it would take for the 2000 points to be added. I was handed 2x1000 points vouchers to add myself.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Any new reports from the Amstel? I am thinking of staying there in June but I am also considering the Le Grand in Paris. Club Life experience could make all of the difference.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Any new reports from the Amstel? I am thinking of staying there in June but I am also considering the Le Grand in Paris. Club Life experience could make all of the difference.
I’m staying here next weekend on a BOGOF cert, I will report back after.
ChinaShrek and turner32 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.