Last edit by: FLYGVA
Kimpton Seafire Grand Cayman
60 Tanager Way
Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman
KY1-1303
Tel +1 345 746 0000
Fax + 345 746 0001
Concierge eMail: DL[underscore]SEA[underscore]Concierge[at]Kimptonhotels[dot]com

Social Media
Facebook
Instagram

Reports
November 18
October 19
December 19
Print Wikipost

Kimpton Seafire Grand Cayman - Master Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AA P; Marriott G; Hertz 5*; Club Carlson G; IHG P;
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
We booked 7 nights. 4 CFN, 3 nights on points (a total of 5 reservations). We were upgraded from the base level room (around 500 square feet) to the Ocean front King suite (1600 sq feet). 60 dollar per night resort fee. Since we had 5 reservations we had the corresponding amount of spa credits and raid the bar credits that we used.
Could you elaborate on the spa credit? I couldn't find anything when I searched. I have 3 nights, 2 FN and 1 on points booked and I asked them to combine the reservations, what are the terms of the spa credit?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Just completed a 3 night stay here. I had earned 3 free night certificates earlier in 2018 when Kimpton was running the special promo. Room rates were averaging about $1,000 per night so that's probably the best value redemption I've ever had.

Hotel was amazing, seemed so quiet, restaurants were delicious, and room was nice with a beach/pool view.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:55 am

This property appears to be blocking all stays (paid or rewards) around Christmas and New Years 2019. Anyone know why and if they did this last year? Has anyone been during that time? Is the island too crowded? Seems like summer isn't ideal time to go due to heat and rain...
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:06 pm

Did they charge you $70/day resort fee?

-or did they wave it since your inner circle?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LukeSky
Did they charge you $70/day resort fee?

-or did they wave it since your inner circle?
I'm Spire Ambassador, not inner circle. And the fee was not waived.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: AS,UA
Just returned and I would definitely stay here again vs the Ritz, I wasn't a big fan of the rooms at the Ritz but the only thing i didn't like at Seafire was the Towel/Beach Service, it was very slow and not as friendly as the Ritz and I don't understand why this property is so sleepy at night. It seems like most of the guests just end up at Calico Jacks if they want some drinks and want to party a little later.

I could end up seeing a couple more luxury hotels being built around the area where Seafire is located, it would be nice if Hyatt and Hilton got into the Luxury game on Seven Mile Beach
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lebowski2222
Just returned and I would definitely stay here again vs the Ritz, I wasn't a big fan of the rooms at the Ritz but the only thing i didn't like at Seafire was the Towel/Beach Service, it was very slow and not as friendly as the Ritz and I don't understand why this property is so sleepy at night. It seems like most of the guests just end up at Calico Jacks if they want some drinks and want to party a little later.

I could end up seeing a couple more luxury hotels being built around the area where Seafire is located, it would be nice if Hyatt and Hilton got into the Luxury game on Seven Mile Beach
It's not a party hotel, it's a 5 star luxurious peaceful retreat. There are plenty of places on the islands to "get your groove on."

I would say my only complaint is that there is a public beach very close to where the Kimpton is. So you get a lot of the public beach goers walking through the Kimpton area.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:13 pm

Hyatt does indeed have plans to open a Grand on Seven Mile:

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/020118-Hy...n-Grand-Cayman

Grand Hyatt Residences Grand Cayman
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:14 pm
soy

Programs: various
Resort fee was still $60 this week despite reports it was going to $70
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by soy
Resort fee was still $60 this week despite reports it was going to $70
Not sure where you are getting your information from. I was there last week and paid a $70 nightly resort fee.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by kapooncha
Not sure where you are getting your information from. I was there last week and paid a $70 nightly resort fee.
I believe this $70 fee should be waved for any inner circle member according to their 2019 FAQs:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...member-tc.html
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:38 am
soy

Originally Posted by kapooncha
That is what she quoted me at check in, and that is what posted to my citi account yesterday. I checked because I was expecting to pay $70
Just have IHG plat, seems I got lucky.

Great resort
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by soy
That is what she quoted me at check in, and that is what posted to my citi account yesterday. I checked because I was expecting to pay $70
Just have IHG plat, seems I got lucky.

Great resort
Did you get any kind of upgrade? I booked on points, stayed this past Sunday Night/Monday Night and got upgraded to an oceanview suite but wasn't sure if they are all suites. This had a separate living room with a wet bar area.

When they run the point buying 100% bonus you can basically get 3 nights at this place for $1000 bucks which seems like a deal since it seems like its $1000 for 1 night when i have tried booking cash rates

I also paid 70 for the resort fee and i'm IHG Plat
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:47 am
soy

Did you get any kind of upgrade? I booked on points, stayed this past Sunday Night/Monday Night and got upgraded to an oceanview suite but wasn't sure if they are all suites. This had a separate living room with a wet bar area.

When they run the point buying 100% bonus you can basically get 3 nights at this place for $1000 bucks which seems like a deal since it seems like its $1000 for 1 night when i have tried booking cash rates

I also paid 70 for the resort fee and i'm IHG Plat
Ha! we were there at the same time.
No upgrade, got the room I booked (chase nights). Had a North Sound view king studio. Big room (530sqft) with separate wet bar.
Room was great, even though we did not spend much time in it

Last edited by soy; Jan 25, 2019 at 10:03 am
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by soy
Ha! we were there at the same time.
No upgrade, got the room I booked (chase nights). Had a North Sound view king studio. Big room (530sqft) with separate wet bar.
Room was great, even though we did not spend much time in it
You weren't apart of that BMW Eastern Coast Conference were you? All I kept hearing on the beach was bragging about net sales in the 4th quarter and how they have to finish a presentation from annoying guys with East Coast Accents.

If that conference wasn't going on this week I think that Resort would have been empty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.