Last edit by: FLYGVA
Kimpton Seafire Grand Cayman
60 Tanager Way
Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman
KY1-1303
Tel +1 345 746 0000
Fax + 345 746 0001
Concierge eMail: DL[underscore]SEA[underscore]Concierge[at]Kimptonhotels[dot]com

Social Media
Facebook
Instagram

Reports
November 18
October 19
December 19
Print Wikipost

Kimpton Seafire Grand Cayman - Master Review Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by ymx
I was there just a week before you and no mosquitos at all!
I was there mid to late Jan 2019 and didn't experience a singe mosquito. Also, didn't see very many kids, mostly adult couples that looked like they were either on honeymoon or retired.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:49 am

Booked 4 night using points. It says "Additional charges (Resort fee) of $75 and 10% Service Fee will be added per room each night of your stay", 10% of the cash rate or 10% of 70,000 point value? Any idea? Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:58 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Illinwu
Booked 4 night using points. It says "Additional charges (Resort fee) of $75 and 10% Service Fee will be added per room each night of your stay", 10% of the cash rate or 10% of 70,000 point value? Any idea? Thanks!
Only the resort fee is charged on points stays.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by ymx
Only the resort fee is charged on points stays.
Thank you so much!
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:04 pm

FYI, I contacted the hotel after my stay to complain about the resort fees being charged on award stays and they waived the fees for me. YMMV.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
FYI, I contacted the hotel after my stay to complain about the resort fees being charged on award stays and they waived the fees for me. YMMV.
Good to know. We stayed in December; will call to see whether they will waive it!
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Any update to resort fee being waived for rewards nights? I stay at a lot of Kimpton but only spire. Lost inner circle after the buyout to IHG.

We are planning a 5 day 4 night stay for 210000 points but I'd really really prefer to avoid or reduce a $300 charge. I'm already gonna blow enough money while there on food and other stuff.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
Any update to resort fee being waived for rewards nights? I stay at a lot of Kimpton but only spire. Lost inner circle after the buyout to IHG.

We are planning a 5 day 4 night stay for 210000 points but I'd really really prefer to avoid or reduce a $300 charge. I'm already gonna blow enough money while there on food and other stuff.
Will call tomorrow and let you know.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:42 pm

Will call tomorrow and let you know.
Just called, unsuccessful in getting the resort fee refunded. The lady i spoke to indicated that the fee applied to all reservations and it is stated so in the reservation confirmation.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; AA Platinum Pro; Marriott Platinum
Anyone ever get upgraded as a Platinum Elite? Was finally able to find award space at this property (for my bday in March 2021) and make use of the 4th night free benefit.
JoeWoodstock likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 7:48 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by DCADavis
Anyone ever get upgraded as a Platinum Elite? Was finally able to find award space at this property (for my bday in March 2021) and make use of the 4th night free benefit.
I’ve stayed here once as a Spire and once as Spire Inner Circle and was upgraded to a beautiful Oceanfront Spa Studio both times. Don’t know how Platinum would fare since it’s given away with the credit card.

This is an amazing property with wonderful staff and an amazing beach.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 7:54 pm
ymx

Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0

I had no problem with the $75/ day resort fee here as it truly covers a lot of amenities - including free rental of the Hobie catamaran. That was one of the highlights of my trip.

Full list here:
https://www.seafireresortandspa.com/...ort-amenities/
Old Mar 3, 2021, 8:52 pm

Early departure fee on award stay

I just made an booking for Jan 2022 hoping/assuming that things will be closer to normal by then and island travel will be feasible from the US.

I booked an award stay 210k pts for 4 nights (4th night free due to card). All is good. $80 resort fee. All good. We stayed here back in early 2020 and loved the stay though everything at hotel (and island for that matter) was really expensive.

Anyway. The point of my post is on the reservation page it said I can cancel up until Jan 4th with no penalty. It also said there was an early departure fee of $10000.00. ...? Anyone hear of this? Is that real? Especially on an award stay? The only reason I would picture us leaving early would be a medical or family emergency. Would they really charge you that fee? I could see losing the points and maybe even being on the hook for the resort fees. If we left early without "checking out" would they even know we left?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ymx
This is an amazing property with wonderful staff and an amazing beach.
It does seem like a wonderful property, and I'm strongly considering it over the Marriott (which we stayed at in 2009 for honeymoon). Is the beach one that is easy to snorkel from, and are there any fish/coral to see nearby if entering the water from the hotel? Or is it better to do Stingray City for snorkeling?

Thanks,
--woodstock
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:00 pm
soy

Programs: various
You can snorkel from the beach (gear included in resort fee), but there is a rocky area you have to navigate, especially in low tide.
When I did it, visibility was poor and not that much to see (at least that’s my memory of it)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.