Kimpton Seafire Grand Cayman - Master Review Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 24, 18, 9:38 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Wiki Link
Concierge eMail: DL[underscore]SEA[underscore]Concierge[at]Kimptonhotels[dot]com
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Nov 27, 18, 9:21 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York City
Programs: AA P; Marriott G; Hertz 5*; Club Carlson G; IHG P;
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen View Post
We booked 7 nights. 4 CFN, 3 nights on points (a total of 5 reservations). We were upgraded from the base level room (around 500 square feet) to the Ocean front King suite (1600 sq feet). 60 dollar per night resort fee. Since we had 5 reservations we had the corresponding amount of spa credits and raid the bar credits that we used.
Could you elaborate on the spa credit? I couldn't find anything when I searched. I have 3 nights, 2 FN and 1 on points booked and I asked them to combine the reservations, what are the terms of the spa credit?
fenix8o0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 19, 5:48 pm
  #47  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 586
Just completed a 3 night stay here. I had earned 3 free night certificates earlier in 2018 when Kimpton was running the special promo. Room rates were averaging about $1,000 per night so that's probably the best value redemption I've ever had.

Hotel was amazing, seemed so quiet, restaurants were delicious, and room was nice with a beach/pool view.
kapooncha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 19, 9:55 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,705
This property appears to be blocking all stays (paid or rewards) around Christmas and New Years 2019. Anyone know why and if they did this last year? Has anyone been during that time? Is the island too crowded? Seems like summer isn't ideal time to go due to heat and rain...
terpfan101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 19, 6:06 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Miami Beach - Copacabana Beach
Posts: 125
Did they charge you $70/day resort fee?

-or did they wave it since your inner circle?
LukeSky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 19, 6:08 pm
  #50  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by LukeSky View Post
Did they charge you $70/day resort fee?

-or did they wave it since your inner circle?
I'm Spire Ambassador, not inner circle. And the fee was not waived.
kapooncha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 9:55 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Programs: AS,UA
Posts: 586
Just returned and I would definitely stay here again vs the Ritz, I wasn't a big fan of the rooms at the Ritz but the only thing i didn't like at Seafire was the Towel/Beach Service, it was very slow and not as friendly as the Ritz and I don't understand why this property is so sleepy at night. It seems like most of the guests just end up at Calico Jacks if they want some drinks and want to party a little later.

I could end up seeing a couple more luxury hotels being built around the area where Seafire is located, it would be nice if Hyatt and Hilton got into the Luxury game on Seven Mile Beach
lebowski2222 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 9:58 am
  #52  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by lebowski2222 View Post
Just returned and I would definitely stay here again vs the Ritz, I wasn't a big fan of the rooms at the Ritz but the only thing i didn't like at Seafire was the Towel/Beach Service, it was very slow and not as friendly as the Ritz and I don't understand why this property is so sleepy at night. It seems like most of the guests just end up at Calico Jacks if they want some drinks and want to party a little later.

I could end up seeing a couple more luxury hotels being built around the area where Seafire is located, it would be nice if Hyatt and Hilton got into the Luxury game on Seven Mile Beach
It's not a party hotel, it's a 5 star luxurious peaceful retreat. There are plenty of places on the islands to "get your groove on."

I would say my only complaint is that there is a public beach very close to where the Kimpton is. So you get a lot of the public beach goers walking through the Kimpton area.
kapooncha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 7:13 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by lebowski2222 View Post
Just returned and I would definitely stay here again vs the Ritz, I wasn't a big fan of the rooms at the Ritz but the only thing i didn't like at Seafire was the Towel/Beach Service, it was very slow and not as friendly as the Ritz and I don't understand why this property is so sleepy at night. It seems like most of the guests just end up at Calico Jacks if they want some drinks and want to party a little later.

I could end up seeing a couple more luxury hotels being built around the area where Seafire is located, it would be nice if Hyatt and Hilton got into the Luxury game on Seven Mile Beach
Hyatt does indeed have plans to open a Grand on Seven Mile:

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/020118-Hy...n-Grand-Cayman

Grand Hyatt Residences Grand Cayman
mstrbldr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 9:14 pm
  #54  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
Posts: 2,424
Resort fee was still $60 this week despite reports it was going to $70
soy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 19, 9:15 pm
  #55  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by soy View Post
Resort fee was still $60 this week despite reports it was going to $70
Not sure where you are getting your information from. I was there last week and paid a $70 nightly resort fee.
kapooncha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 4:38 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Miami Beach - Copacabana Beach
Posts: 125
Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
Not sure where you are getting your information from. I was there last week and paid a $70 nightly resort fee.
I believe this $70 fee should be waved for any inner circle member according to their 2019 FAQs:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...member-tc.html
LukeSky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 5:38 am
  #57  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
Posts: 2,424
Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
Not sure where you are getting your information from. I was there last week and paid a $70 nightly resort fee.
That is what she quoted me at check in, and that is what posted to my citi account yesterday. I checked because I was expecting to pay $70
Just have IHG plat, seems I got lucky.

Great resort
soy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 9:22 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Programs: AS,UA
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by soy View Post
That is what she quoted me at check in, and that is what posted to my citi account yesterday. I checked because I was expecting to pay $70
Just have IHG plat, seems I got lucky.

Great resort
Did you get any kind of upgrade? I booked on points, stayed this past Sunday Night/Monday Night and got upgraded to an oceanview suite but wasn't sure if they are all suites. This had a separate living room with a wet bar area.

When they run the point buying 100% bonus you can basically get 3 nights at this place for $1000 bucks which seems like a deal since it seems like its $1000 for 1 night when i have tried booking cash rates

I also paid 70 for the resort fee and i'm IHG Plat
lebowski2222 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 9:47 am
  #59  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
Posts: 2,424
Originally Posted by lebowski2222 View Post
Did you get any kind of upgrade? I booked on points, stayed this past Sunday Night/Monday Night and got upgraded to an oceanview suite but wasn't sure if they are all suites. This had a separate living room with a wet bar area.

When they run the point buying 100% bonus you can basically get 3 nights at this place for $1000 bucks which seems like a deal since it seems like its $1000 for 1 night when i have tried booking cash rates

I also paid 70 for the resort fee and i'm IHG Plat
Ha! we were there at the same time.
No upgrade, got the room I booked (chase nights). Had a North Sound view king studio. Big room (530sqft) with separate wet bar.
Room was great, even though we did not spend much time in it

Last edited by soy; Jan 25, 19 at 10:03 am
soy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 10:14 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Programs: AS,UA
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by soy View Post
Ha! we were there at the same time.
No upgrade, got the room I booked (chase nights). Had a North Sound view king studio. Big room (530sqft) with separate wet bar.
Room was great, even though we did not spend much time in it
You weren't apart of that BMW Eastern Coast Conference were you? All I kept hearing on the beach was bragging about net sales in the 4th quarter and how they have to finish a presentation from annoying guys with East Coast Accents.

If that conference wasn't going on this week I think that Resort would have been empty
lebowski2222 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread