Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
ANA Crowne Plaza Wakkanai

ANA Crowne Plaza Wakkanai

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Could be better.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest Single Bed Room (19sqm), Received 2 Single Beds Standard Harbour View Room (27sqm).
This hotel's Single Bed Room equipped queen bed. So, this room assignment is downgrade for me.

How are the rooms?
Simply say, Very bore. Nothing special.

Video of Two Single Beds Standard Harbour View Room

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel doesn't have exec. lounge.

How was the mini-bar?
Some beers and soft drinks only. No hard liquors.

What was your welcome gift?
Welcome Drink voucher and two bottles of mineral water.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
No

What was good and what was bad?
Good
+++ Reasonable priced Japanese restaurant

Bad
----- No newspaper delivered (Front office staff said no newspaper service in this hotel)
----- Very bore room.
----- Location (good for public transportation access, but there's nothing around the hotel)

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Probably no.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Hotel Indigo Dusseldorf - Victoriaplatz

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, totally.

Booked 2x standard rooms, Rx King Deluxe on high floor with garden view.

How are the rooms?

Very spacious. Huge, comfortable bed. Nice views into the garden courtyard and surrounding skyline. Freaky weird pictures on the walls and "deco" lamps. Nice waterfall showers but still that damn Euro half-glass that doesn't keep all the water in. Nice amenity kits, Rosemary Mint or something. Little writing desks and spacious closets.

How is the exec. lounge?
NA

Good
Staff friendly, welcoming, and competent. Brought us up a crib right away for our newborn. Konig Pilsner on tap was decent at the bar. Location is excellent, right on a tram stop if you're going farther than the downtown walking areas.

Bad
Restaurant food was pretty bland and generally a poor value.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Somehow got a rate of ~$83 USD / room / night. Heck of a deal IMHO, but that's not their usual rate by a long shot. Not sure how we got that price but I'd definitely return at that price point.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
HIX Amsterdam Schiphol

HIX Amsterdam Schiphol

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? There is only one room type here as all the rooms are the same but I was given a corner room on the top floor which would be a double upgrade at IC!

How are the rooms? New looking, clean and comfortable. Great mattress, less impressed with the pillows.

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad? As well as a welcome amenity of a drinks voucher or points I was handed a stroopwafel on arrival. Airport shuttle is quick, free and regular. Fruit bowl at reception. Staff were great.
There was nothing very bad except breakfast has no hot dishes and there is a tub of generic shower gel/shampoo/soap on the shower wall so take your own.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? I paid £115 which is considerably more than I paid last time BUT it is prime tulip time and most hotels were full.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
CP Z South Beach, Miami

CP Z South Beach, Miami (May 2017)

Spire (RA)

Yes, despite being very very unluckt fire alarm wise. Cory the manager needs credit for that, he was proactive immediately reaching/phoning all guests once allowed back into hotel.

1. Entry Suite 2nights on 50k/night, + 2cat upgrade to Spa Suite
2. Entry Suite 2nights paid , upgrade to Penthouse Sea View Terrace

How are the rooms?
Well maintained, for awareness
o Minibar and seperate empty fridge, microwave, plates/cups/cutlery
o 2x large screen TVs, loads of cable channels (more by far than either IC in Miami)
o Neither room type has bath, just large walkin rainfall shower. But has his n hers sinks
o Spa Suite has 4person Jacuzi on terrace, in shade as under balcony of rooms on 3rd/4th floors
But 2nd floor Spa Suite terrace (only) sticks out further and with lounger can catch sun early morning and 4pm onwards.
o Penthouse (5th floor) Suite is 2=story, room via spiral staircase, with jacuzi + awning for optional shade
o Hotel has reserved/dedicated Beach area with loungers for each room/guest. Just a 5-10minute walk from hotel entrance

How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

- Bad
o Fire alarm 15minutes after 1545 checkin, evacuated until 7pm ... stuck as no monies etc as was having checkin shower (apprantly fire in top floor machine room)... 5 Engines, 2 ambulances attended closing Collins Ave in front of the CP
o 4th day, 0800-1600 6monthly continuous Fire alarm testing ... GRRRR.. Talk about unlucky ! ! (Info Letter posted in room night before)
o WIFI kept cutting out .. I ended up only using the T-Mobile simcard (phone + 4GB internet) I purchased for $55 for my month in USA

+ Good
o Manager (Cory) proactively rang guests 7.15pm for me, offering make up of 5k points, extra drinks, his email to reach out for upgrade on next visit
o As planning to add 2nights, I asked at that time, and cory added nights 3+4 to my booking giving me a top cat room upgrade from base room.
o 2x Drinks Voucher at checkin (usable after 4pm)
o Lovely rooms, comfy bed, quiet hotel, i slept well.

o Neutral
o Bar + Restaurant not owned by hotel though awards points for spend.. neutral is that restaurant wait at breakfast as open to public and is poular and everyone seems to come there to eat ... long waits to be seated especially Sat+Sun mornings.
o Shower Only bathrooms (although large walkin rainfall sjhower rooms)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
o Yes could return, despite as RA, from 2017 non-IC spend/nights not counting for my RA requal
o Points 50k when Sat was 350++ and Sun 300++ (and $30 resort fee) is good value
o Normally room is $195++ Corp rate so paid better (as on nights 3+4)
o Which ever, I found rooms very good value for money and location is excellent

Last edited by scubaccr; May 14, 2017 at 10:25 am
Old May 14, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki, Honolulu

Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki, Honolulu

Spire (RA)

Mixed, on the whole i would not return, depite hotels location itself being ideal

1. Booked 4th cat up ,King Bed Ocean View, Received same
2. Rejected room as shower only, and arriving MIA-LAX-HNL, 2x 5hour flights and 2x 3hour time zone changes
I stated that bath in Exec room costing over $200++night was necessary and not optional, and escalated for DM
Gave DM option of either find me room with bath or cancel my res, in the end downgraded to low 5th floor basic room with bath (with cash rare reduction). Only about 4rooms left 2130pm, no idea if all Ocean Views are shower only as not discussed, though I mentioned worst rooms should never be assigned to IHG elites, whos "good" rooms should be assigned/kept at 7am each day
(bath is not even full size, but too tired and too late to jump hotels)

How are the rooms?
o Small, Functional, comfy bed, balcony with sea views
o $200++ Sea View rooms LACK BATH ... AVOID !

How is the exec. lounge?
na

- Good
o Location, center of main shopping street
o Location, short walk to beach

- BAD
o UNACCEPTABLE ...No Baths in rooms when booking 4th Cat at over $200++
(If I wanted Shower Only bathroom then I would have booked HIE at $100 ! ! )
o Management not prioriising nice rooms in individual categories for Elites (Spires, Platinums). Checkin in late at your peril
o No upgrade at checkin (or once I escalated regards no Bath in my costly room cat)

- NEUTRAL
o No hotel airport shuttle. taxi is circa $45

o Will not return
o Terrible, Small rooms, expensive paid rates and no bath in the higher category pricier rooms. (Ig I don't need bath I'd book HIE instead ! )
Old May 21, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel

Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel (Formerly known as HI Commercial Road)

Club (next to none)

Yes

Booked standard and received executive.

How are the rooms?
- Quite stylish with subtle HI-green tones
- Plenty of space and seating areas (armchair, double sofa & office chair), could have put another double bed to call it a family room for 4 and still not too cramped
- Many sockets conveniently placed around the bed and desk
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom has shower, rain and bathtub 3-in-1, individual soaps (not the standard HI transparent squeezy bottles)
- Lighting is not very bright especially around the bed when you switch everything on. Bright enough with curtains opened.
- Didn't notice noise even it's low floor facing street
- Automatic minibar but locked (due to points stay?)
- A pack of instant chocolate in addition to coffee/tea tray

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- Convenient transport just outside the edge of Zone 1: close to Shadwell DLR/Overground, a bit further from Whitechapel Tube/Overground, Bus stop for route 15 just outside
- Lobby area is comfy
- Given one free Starbucks-branded coffee as lowly Club
- Staffs are friendly
Could have been better:
- The bathroom door when opened blocks the wardrobe door and vice versa. Had to get out to the doorway to move between the two
- Tub mat "to be placed when shower" might be too large and would cover drainage (or it's just me who don't know how to place it better)

Given hotels in London are quite expensive, points value quite good (30K). Cash is not too bad either. Will surely return
Old May 25, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Crowne Plaza Den Haag

Crowne Plaza den Haag Promenade

Spire.

Yes.

Booked a superior room for 25/K points. Upgraded to an Executive room, wich is a one cat. upgrade.

How are the rooms?

Modern, clean and spacious. Seperate shower and bath. Two single beds, I prefer a King bed. The beds where sleeping well.

Kettle for coffee and tea. Two small bottles of water.

Minibar wasn't filled.

How is the exec. lounge?

This hotel doesn't have an Executive Lounge.

+ Nice location;
+ spacious and modern rooms
+ friendly staff;
+ pro actively offered late checkout (didn't use)

- breakfast was expansive. Euro 23,50 for a simply breakfast for a spire member;
- no Executive lounge;
​​​

25/K points was a good deal. But I prefer the Marriott (wich is only 300 meters from this hotel). The benefits for Gold members are much better then the Spire benefits at this hotel (lounge, often an upgrade to junior suite, free breakfast). And it's also cheaper, most of the time.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol

Club (at the time of stay)

Not really, no.

Booked club room on advance member rate and received that.

How are the rooms?
Spacious, but old and worn. Additionally, the room looked like everything not too heavy or not affixed to the walls had been removed prior to our stay, as there were hardly any amenities; only one teaspoon for two coffee cups, no hotel folder and neither bathrobes nor slippers. Moreover, the bathtub faucet required usage instructions with pictures (!!!) and was really difficult to operate. Starting in early morning, quite some noise from the street and the adjacent railway line could clearly be heard.

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge was actually the best aspect of the hotel. While it is small, the offerings during happy hour were not all too bad. Other than that, there's not much left to say.

Actually, there's not much "good" about the hotel, maybe except for the lounge. Other than that, the noise in the rooms was quite annoying, they forgot to register access to the lounge onto my room card upon check-in and the room card stopped working during the stay altogether, so it had to be replaced. Furthermore, the hotel is really not attractive (neither from the outside nor from the inside).

At a rate of around 160 EUR per night, I would definitely expect more. Probably wouldn't return.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:38 pm

Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park

Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park

Yes, definitely.

Booked club room on advance member rate and received that.

How are the rooms?
The rooms are quite spacious, as well as the bathrooms that feature a double sink. All expected amenities (bathrobes, slippers, water kettle incl. coffee and tea, umbrella) were available. However, the A/C controls didn't seem to work properly and despite displaying a target temperature of 24C, it was always quite cold in the room. Bathroom could use a renovation, "highlight" was probably the japanese toilet (the entire hotel seems to be targeted at a japanese audience). The bottles of alcohol from the mini bar (expensive) were surprisingly large at a capacity of 2dl.

How is the exec. lounge?
The Exec lounge is quite large and always staffed by both receptionists and waiters. Happy hour includes a wide choice of drinks served by waiters, as well as a reasonably comprehensive selection of snacks and small food items. Breakfast can be taken in the lounge (reduced choice) or in the main restaurant area. Furthermore, club room guests receive a 500 THB credit on laundry items per day (enough for 2 shirts or 1 jeans and a shirt per day).

Good
  • I always like it when, as a club guest, you can also have your breakfast in the main breakfast restaurant.
  • Service was always very friendly
  • Very convenient location to public transport
Bad
  • The rooms, particularly the bathrooms, could use a renovation
  • The location of the reception upon arrival is a bit confusing, as it is wedged to one side of a large hall
  • It is required to change elevators on the reception floor in order to get to the room

While this hotel isn't exactly cheap, the transport connections and the service are really great, so I would definitely return.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:54 pm

Crowne Plaza Hongkong Causeway Bay

Crowne Plaza Hongkong Causeway Bay

Definitely. This is still my favourite hotel in HK, and I was coming back for the 4th time.

Booked racecourse view room and received Executive Suite. The upgrade came quite unexpected due to my turning away from IHG in the past few years (for several reasons), but obviously, I had been drawn for a marketing stunt they called "more than you expect" (whatever). The entire upgrade process included some red-carpet treatment with three or four hotel executives waiting for me in the dark of the room, and finally shooting a confetti cannon at me (no joke!). The upgrade also included several (more or less useful) gifts, a handwritten card by the "loyalty manager" of the hotel as well as the "privilege" option (which corresponds to lounge access at this hotel, see below).

How are the rooms?
The suite itself was spacious enough, with a living room including the usual glass desk found at all rooms of this premise (and the same LED desk lamp that just doesn't give any light), an armchair and a couch, then a guest toilet, a main bathroom (with both bathtub and shower as well as double sinks) and a bedroom with an additional armchair and a second desk. Amenities included slippers, bathrobes, two mini-bars with water kettle/tea/coffee, two power adaptors (which you can also purchase), and an umbrella. Other than that, I still like the modern appearance of the rooms, even if there was some wear showing on the furniture.

How is the exec. lounge?
There actually is no dedicated lounge (and that's probably why they don't have "club rooms" but instead "privilege rooms"). Guests of "Privilege" rooms get free breakfast at the main restaurant as well as a selection of all-day free non-alcoholic drinks and free alcoholic drinks and à la carte snacks during happy-hour (5pm to 8pm) at the hotel bar. The rooftop bar setting is actually quite nice, and the choice of food and beverage is also not too bad.

Good
  • Very convenient location towards public transport
  • Modern room design, and rooms are excellently equipped
  • Nice rooftop bar and open-air lounge area
Bad
  • Actually, there is not much bad I can say about the hotel, except maybe...
  • The quality of the breakfast seems to have constantly deteriorated over time. Additionally, there is some renovation going on at the moment, so half of the breakfast restaurant is unusable.

Even though this hotel isn't on the cheap side (but which HK hotel is actually cheap?) I would definitely return for a 5th stay.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:48 pm

ANA Crowne Plaza Chitose

ANA Crowne Plaza Chitose

Spire Royal Ambassador

So-so

Booked cheapest standard room, received New Chitose Wing Bldg Two Single Beds Executive Corner Room

How are the rooms?
Just opened in this April. 57.3SQM large enough room with small terrace. 50inch SHARP LCD TV, LIXIL shower toilet, big sofa, spacious bathroom with twin basins, sunken bathtub, rainfall shower, and JBL Bluetooth sound system. This room description is "Two single beds". But actually it was two double beds. (140x200)

Video of New Chitose Wing Bldg Two Single Beds Executive Corner Room

How is the exec. lounge?

How was the mini-bar?
Indeed poor, some of crappy beer and soft drinks.

None

None

Good
+++++++++ Guest Recognitions
+++++++++ Excellent Upgrade
+++++++++ Sports Bar
+++++ Location

Bad
---------- No newspaper delivered (Front office staff said no newspaper service in this hotel)
----- No welcome gift (except choice benefit)

Probably
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:57 pm

Smile ANA Hotel Matsuyama

ANA Hotel Matsuyama

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes, very. This hotel doesn't crowned IHG's brand name. But under umbrella of IHG system. Probably they will rebrand to Crowne Plaza within few years.

Booked Annex Double Bed Room (18sqm), received Main Tower Double Bed Room (26sqm), 3 tiers upgraded.

How are the rooms?
Just finished the renovation in this April. Very cool design. Indeed room is not spacious. But never felt cramp. A lot of power outlet (included USB plug) around the bedside. Keurig coffee machine, Trousers pressing machine have equipped.

Video of Main Tower Double Bed Room

How is the exec. lounge?

How was the mini-bar?
Indeed not plenty. Some beer and soft drinks only.

Bottled Water

None

Good
+++++++++ Breakfast
+++++ Room
+++++ Location

Bad
Nothing

Of course!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:21 pm

ANA Crowne Plaza Okayama

ANA Crowne Plaza Okayama

Spire Royal Ambassador

Absolutely. Hotel is aged 12years from opening. But their contemporary design concept doesn't give the old-fashioned looking. They looks still new and fresh.

Booked Premium Double Room, Received Executive Suite.

How are the rooms?
66sqm well balanced room. Wide King Bed, SONY AV system, Keurig Coffee machine, Spacious bathroom with deep sunken tub and bathroom TV, and 2nd restroom.

Video of Executive Suite

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel doesn't have exec. lounge. But guests staying on the Premium Floor (17th and 18th floor) can enjoy happy hour in the bar on the top floor from 17:00 to 19:00.

How was the mini-bar?
Indeed not plenty. Some beer and soft drinks only.

Bottled Water

None

Good
+++++++++ Room
+++++++++ Location (Connected JR Okayama Station directly)

Bad
Nothing

Yes
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
HIX Amsterdam Schiphol

HIX Amsterdam Schiphol

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? There is only one size of room. I booked a standard double and received the same as a corner room on the top floor.

How are the rooms? New and modern.

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad? Received a stroopwafel and a bottle of mineral water at check in plus welcome points. Good quality breakfast items. Staff are all great, really friendly. Only negative is the bottle of generic shampoo/body wash in the bathroom - take your own.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? I paid £82, which I thought was reasonable.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Thumbs down Holiday Inn Toronto-Airport East

Spire

No

Booked 1-1 double-queen rooms from 2 sep accounts. Requested two rooms with connecting doors. Received the very same.

How are the rooms?
Worn-down and not clean. AC is extremely loud and sounds like a flushing toilet with water sounds when running.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

-Bad:
-- Robotic check-in, not even a single smile. It looked like I'm not welcomed at all
-- Not a single gesture (e.g. water bottle, coupon) extended for a Spire member

No, I wouldn't return. We needed a night due to a weird connection at YYZ, but next time I will choose another one. I selected an IHG hotel due to a comb with a running promotion for the other account, but this was a mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.