Search

Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
HIX Milan Malpensa

HIX Milan Malpensa

What is your Priority Club status? Spire Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked queen bed non smoking and received the same.

How are the rooms? Clean and modern. Bathroom with shower, bidet and loo. Great choice of teabags - English breakfast, Earl Grey, mint and green.

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad? Breakfast was good, with loads of choice. Eggs, sausage and beans, cold cuts, bread and pastries, fruit, cereal and yoghurts. Airport shuttle was very quick. Welcome points posted the morning after check in.
Nothing bad.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? My room cost £44 which I thought was great value.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Holiday Inn Express, Wesley Chapel, Florida, USA

Holiday Inn Express, Wesley Chapel, Florida, USA

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked King Leisure, got King Suite, which involves a small half wall and an added sofa bed area

How are the rooms? Very nice size, modern decor and all shiny and brand new. They fit in well with the new Formula Blue Hotel concept.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

What was good and what was bad? Nice brand new property (open less than two weeks at time of our stay in a typical Florida mixed use development and kind of wedged between a Hampton Inn, an ice arena, and I-75. Soundproofing was good- no road noise and didn't really hear other guests. Staff seems to have paid attention during training and are trying hard to make it pleasant for guests. It's a little bit out of the way if you're aiming for places beyond Busch Gardens but otherwise a pretty workable location.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Paid $117/night AAA rate, which I suspect was some sort of 'Hey, we just got our certificate of occupancy' promotion. It seemed like a very good price during spring break season and felt like the value was definitely there. Would gladly stay there again if indications are that the property is being well kept up and it makes sense for my travel plans.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:02 am

CP Aberdeen Airport

CP Aberdeen Airport

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked cheapest queen bed, upgraded to queen Clubroom

How are the rooms? New, includes Nespresso machine, bathrobe and slippers. Separate bath and rainforest shower. Mineral water and shortbread biscuits in the room. We couldn't get the safe to lock.

How is the exec. lounge? No hostess! When we checked in, we were told we were the only two guests that evening with club lounge access and there was no hostess available for the lounge. Instead we were given four free drinks vouchers for the bar and told to return for more if we needed them. When we went down to the bar, we were also served a platter of complimentary canapés. In the morning, we were invited to help ourselves from the £15.95 per head breakfast buffet as there was no breakfast available in the lounge. We did go into the lounge outside of meal times and there was a selection of juice and fizzy pop plus industrial type Nespresso machine. All day snacks included chocolate bars, cereal bars, crisps and shortbread.

What was good and what was bad? Breakfast in the restaurant was better for us as there was more choice. We used all four drinks vouchers on a fizzy pop and three glasses of red but this was enough for us so we didn't need to ask for more. There are two printers available - one in the lounge and one in the business centre and both print in colour. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was nothing bad.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We paid £40 and would be back in a heartbeat.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We paid £40 and would be back in a heartbeat.
Sounds like they lost money on you!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe

ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe

What is your Priority Club status?
Club (next to none)

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked superior city view (triple), received same on 18/F facing east.

How are the rooms?
Quite spacious even with rollaway bed, washroom was spacious too; classic yet refreshed interior, looked as advertised, though washroom felt bit aged; excellent view of Kobe city with a bit of green (hill) and Shinkansen station on the left.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- The alarm/radio console between beds looked antique but worked really well (much better than iPhone docks that are often not powered), fun to play with.
- "Eye warmer" and other sleeping aids provided in room.
- Breakfast had wide spread both Japanese and Western; excellent made-to-order omelette; we later skipped lunch.
- There is a supermarket right at basement closing at 11pm and a 100yen shop, so convenient to get late-night snacks without using room service.
- Proximity to the Shinkansen station
- My special requests/enquiries were generally being taken care of.

Bad (not really):
- I hoped for complimentary bottled water but there weren't. (Would that be too demanding for non-elite? )
- Member recognition went no further than the welcome thank you (not that I would have expected any)
- Lightings controlled by a master switch only at the door and bedside console. The guy on rollaway bed was the last to sleep and I couldn't leave a light on for him (not even the window standing light) unless I leave all lights on.
- Not very "walking distance" to the rest of Kobe, but it is easily solved by Japan's public transport or taxi.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
A bit on the expensive side to me (25,800yen/3 persons excl. breakfast) but reasonable. Will return when I need the comfort or the Shinkansen proximity.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
ANA Crowne Plaza Okinawa Harborview

ANA Crowne Plaza Okinawa Harborview

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Mostly OK.

Booked cheapest, Received Premium Double Room

How are the rooms?
25sqm. Felt not so cramped. Clean and comfortable. Bed is queen bed. This hotel doesn't have king bed room.
BTW, This hotel name is "harborview", but no harbour view.
This is because origin of this name is coming from geographical name. So don't expect harbour view.

Video of Premium Double Room

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel doesn't have exec. lounge.

How was the mini-bar?
No hard liquor. Beers and some soft drinks only. Snack is Nissin Cup Noodles only.
Recently, IHG AMEA region changed Crowne Plaza's mini-bar standard.
This mini-bar is completely followed latest standard.

What was your welcome gift?
Okinawa Sweets

Did you receive fruit in the room?
None

Good
+++++++++ Guest Recognition and Friendly front office staff
+++++ Room upgrade

Bad
---------- At the dinner in Japanese restaurant IZUMI, steak was cold.
----- At the breakfast in all day dining, floor staff forgot to serve coffee to me.

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Yes

Last edited by Raynyan; Mar 24, 2017 at 9:55 pm
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:14 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Holiday Inn Kanazawa Sky

Holiday Inn Kanazawa Sky

Spire

Yes. Very pleasantly surprised.

Booked base room (18sqm), upgraded to Japanese Suite.

How are the rooms?
Fairly large and luxurious (by HI standards). This is in all likelihood the quirkiest upgrade I ever had at a HI. Almost like a room in a ryokan, with wooden sliding doors, large Japanese style bathroom, tatami floors. Pics (not mine): 1, 2

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge at this hotel. 10% discount coupon in key package (presumably given to all guests), 2 bottles of water in the room daily.

- Excellent upgrade
- Decided to stay here after a disappointing experience at CP Kanazawa last year. IMO the HI has a much more central location and excellent views. Given the low rates, I'd pick the HI any day over the CP.

Yes! Rate under 10k JPY -- excellent value.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Crowne Plaza Milan City

- What is your IHG Rewards
Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes, as usual

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked cheapest rate with breakfast, got one junior suite on 5th floor facing the garden.

- How are the rooms?
Around 40 sqm.
Very nicely designed: elegant wood decor in the bedroom and the dressing, Very good lighting
Desk. Sitting area. Magazines.
Elegant bathroom (but with no window contrary to corner room). Lait de Figue toiletries.
2 flat screen television sets with good selection of international channels
Very quiet

- How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- very easy access (the metro station is just next to the hotel lobby)
- comfortable bed
- elegant design
- very good breakfast (quiet and elegant room, good selection of products, excellent service), nice staff at restaurant
- large and comfortable junior suite
- fast wifi
- pleasant courtyard garden and terrace

Bad:
- Nothing

- Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?

Definitely a very good choice for Milan

Pictures of the hote

Pictures of the city
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:00 am

HIX Geneva Airport

HIX Geneva Airport

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was fine.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard room which is the only type available.

How are the rooms? Basic. Double bed and sofabed for the three of us. No bath, only shower.

What was good and what was bad? Welcome points posted quickly. Staff were friendly. Breakfast juice seemed premium which was a surprise as breakfast fruit was tinned fruit cocktail.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Paid with points as cash rate was high. Staying again next week.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:04 am

CP Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Centre

CP Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Centre

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was OK. Nothing special.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 2 queen beds and that is what we received.

How are the rooms? Fine, in addition to the beds, there were two armchairs and a desk. There was a fridge in the room and the 'wardrobe' was a cubbyhole in the corner with a curtain across. Reminded me of student digs.

What was good and what was bad? Good - We received a generous fruit plate with grapes, strawberry, pineapple and two types of melon plus a bottle of water. In room coffee was decent Wolfgang Puck rather than a nameless brand. Lovely underused pool which was fab for my kids. Free airport shuttle.
Bad - No tea bags, sugar or creamer. We were a party of three but the room was set up for two. (Two chairs, two glasses, two coffee cups). My welcome points still haven't posted, three days after check in. Also at check out I mentioned the lack of condiments and was offered an extra 1000 points which also failed to post.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We paid $179 which included breakfast. This was a last minute reservation. I had originally booked the airport HIX for half that but received an email from customer services telling me that it had left IHG.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:16 pm

Holiday Inn Express Taoyuan

Holiday Inn Express Taoyuan

Spire Royal Ambassador

So-so.

Booked One Queen Bed Standard Room, received same category but with bathtub room in high floor.

How are the rooms?
21sqm. Most of rooms in this hotel don't have bathtub. Shower booth only. However, with bathtub room is existed in 1 room of every floors.

Video of One Queen Bed Standard Room (with bathtub)

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel doesn't have exec. lounge.

How was the mini-bar?
N/A Just refrigerator only.

Snacks, Sprite and instant noodles

Yes

Good
+++++ Guest Recognition and Friendly front office staff
+++ Reasonable price dinner at restaurant

Bad
----- Breakfast quality
----- Bathtub surroundings need to maintenance.

Yes

Last edited by Raynyan; Apr 8, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:02 pm

ANA Holiday Inn Sapporo Susukino

ANA Holiday Inn Sapporo Susukino

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes.

Booked Two Single Beds Attached (Hollywood Twin) Standard Room, Received Two Single Beds Attached (Hollywood Twin) Superior Room

How are the rooms?
19sqm. Indeed cramp. But bed and linens qualities are excellent. Basically I avoid twin bed room but this hotel's twin bedroom has bigger bathtub than double bedroom. So, I always book Hollywood Twin room. Difference between Superior and Standard is just a room amenities and happy hour service (explain later paragraph)

Video of Two Single Beds Attached (Hollywood Twin) Superior Room

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel doesn't have exec. lounge. But for Superior or higher room guest, they offer the happy hour service. You can enjoy free flow beer or house wine at All Day Dining Verde from 17:30 to 18:30.

How was the mini-bar?
N/A Just refrigerator only. Since last November, they removed mini-bar.
(Probably newly appointed GM's decision)

Sweets and Welcome Drink voucher.

No

Good
++++++++++ Guest Recognition and Friendly front office staff
++++++++++ Location
+++++ Excellent Bar

Bad
----- Indeed room is cramp.
----- No view

Yes
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Not as good as it used to be

Booked cheapest advance rate with breakfast, and received an Executive room facing renovated Rogier square

How are the rooms?
Around 25 sqm
Elegantly design
Comfortable bed.
Small but elegant bathroom with bathtub.
Flat TV with massive selection of international channels
Nespress coffee machine
Fast wifi
Very quiet
Free minibar (but not informed at check-in)

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- Convenient location, next to Rogier metro station (direct line from Midi train station)
- Good breakfast
- Friendly and efficient staff at check-in/out

Bad:
- Many maintenance issues (unplugged fridge, remote control out of service preventing me from turning off the TV, towel dryer bathroom heater out of service, damaged lamp next to the desk with a burnt light bulb, worn rug, one dirty towel, clogged sink, shower head full of tartar, mold in the bathroom)
- The service at breakfast was truly horrible (inexperienced and not smiling staff who spent more time complaining to each other rather than being helpful)
- More serious: the door of the breakfast room (which is an emergency exit and which allows to reach the terrace) was very difficult to open (several people did not succeed, despite multiple initiatives), which constitutes a safety problem in the event of a fire. I reported it to the staff who was not concerned by my request

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Hotel is rather cheap, but definitely did not meet Crowne Plaza standards during my last stay.

Pictures of the city

Last edited by nicolas75; Apr 25, 2017 at 10:15 am
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace

+1 on all points nicolas75 mentioned.

In addition:

^
Good selection of beers in the Bar, attentive service

Room service is only available till 10.30pm (apart from few basic items). Bar also does not serve any food after that time. The area is completely dead on a Sunday evening apart from Dominos Pizza across the street.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Indigo Birmingham

Indigo Birmingham

Spire RA

Yes.

Booked cheapest room (last minute), got a room with a huge balcony.

How are the rooms?
Large, spartanly furnished room with large balcony and a view over Birmingham.
Wear and tear visible just about everywhere.
Smallish bathroom, double sink

Good

- Friendly frontdesk staff
- Free minibar
- Very good restaurant on top floor, excellent service and food

Bad
- Bad maintenance, damaged furniture etc.
- The restaurant is on floor 25, my room was on floor 24. You can hear every step.

The hotel was hideously expensive, but it was a last minute booking in a mostly sold out city that night. I would go back for reasonable rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.