Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017

Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC Tokyo Bay

IC Tokyo Bay
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you
generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 2 SGL BEDS SUPERIOR WITH RIVER VIEW at a Government Rate of 19,000 Yen/night. Received EXECUTIVE PREMIUM BAYVIEW KING on the 18th Floor.

How are the rooms?
The room was good, plenty of space with a couch/coffee table and a decect sized bathroom. Great views of Odaiba, the river and the bay. Plenty of outlets

How is the exec. lounge?
It was fine although the food selections were pretty basic for both breakfast and at night.
Breakfast included pastries, bread, cereal, cheeses, fruit, salads, several hot items plus a chef for made to order eggs from 7- 930am.
In the evening, there was a basic selection of wine, draft beer, liquor plus several hot items, sushi rolls, cheese/crackers, and some crudite.

Did you receive a welcome gift?

It took 2 days to receive the welcome gift and other amenities. I had to ask about it in the lounge on the second night. No bottles of wine anymore, instead it was a IC Tokyo Bay washcloth and some chocolate. We also received a small bowl of cut fruit everyday (after the second day, anyway). Water was replenished daily.

How was the minibar?
Pretty good -- wine (2 small whites, 2 small reds), champagne (2 small bottles), liquor, beer (both Japanese beer and imports), a Chu-hi, bottle of green tea, can of coffee plus soda/sparking water.

What was good and what was badd?

-Good
- The upgrade to premium executive
- The staff was so friendly and accommodating
- Shuttle service to Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa stations (although it was a less than 10 minute walk to Hamamatsucho station and Daimon subway station).
- Great views
​​
-Bad
- The second night we came back to the room around 7pm and housekeeping was still in the room cleaning.
- Having to remind them to send up the Welcome Gift and amenities
- There isn't a whole lot to do in the immediate vicinity of the hotel (which I knew from a previous stay here) but there are plenty of bars, restaurants, nightlife near Hamamatsucho station.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Great value at the government rate.

Would you return?
Yes, defnitely
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC Washington DC - The Wharf

IC Washington DC - The Wharf
Yes! I checked in on Monday, 16 Oct and was the first official guest!

Booked Standard Room at a government rate, received Executive Suite with River View

How are the rooms?
The room was fantastic, with a balcony and views of the Potomac, The Wharf, Jefferson Memorial. It was very modern and bright with a separate sitting area with a couch, table, desk. The bathroom was spacious with a glass shower. The bathrobe is one of the nicest I've ever had!
Anthem music venue is next to the hotel and I made the mistake of leaving the balcony door open the first night. It gets a little noisy when the concert lets out, but with the door closed, I couldn't hear a thing from the 5th floor.
​​​​
How is the exec. lounge?
If only this property had a lounge!

Small box of chocolate. Plus received fruit (one apple, one banana, two tangerines), small dish of seasoned peanuts, small plate of cookies and Evian. Water wasn't replenished until the 3rd day. The fruit remained, but the nuts/cookies were removed after the first night.

How was the minibar?
Additional items were added after the second day, so there still might be changes. For now it had 375 ml of white wine, 375 ml of red wine , 375 ml of Tito vodka, 2 small bottles of Mt Gay rum, 2 small JW Black, 2 Stella Cans, 2 Peroni cans, plus soda, water, sparkling water. Minibar wasn't refilled until after the second night, but that could be because of the limited number of guests.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
  • The upgrade
  • Beautiful view from the balcony
  • The staff was incredible, so friendly and helpful. Everyone called my by name
  • As the first official guest, I was greeted by the management team (including GM) with a champagne toast
  • The property was gorgeous and The Wharf is a fun, new area in DC. Plenty of restaurants and bars
    ​​
    -Bad
  • Nothing!
  • Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
    Good value at the government rate.

Would you return?
    Yes, definitely! Looking forward to it!
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:35 am

IC Miami (lol sorry jetlagged...)

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
So so... currently here.

Booked King Bed Bay View (revenue) and Double Twin City View (points).
I called in a month ahead to request connecting rooms preferably with Bay view.
Was told they blocked an Exec Suite + double bed room.
Called a day before arrival to double check as bookings not modified. Was told all good, rooms blocked.
On arrival around 7:30PM after a long day of travel, it turns out they had blocked rooms on different floors... the reception lady offered us two standard rooms as connecting as it was the only thing they had with connecting rooms, hotel full.
Okay, manager now please. After a long wait (15-20) minutes she offered an apology saying that someone had made a mistake with the blocking, and the only thing they can give us is an Exec Suite with a another room on the same floor, not connecting.
Explained the entire point when traveling with children is to have the kids in one room and the parents sleep in the bedroom suite.
Suggested that I take a look at the Suite if it is big enough to fit rollaway beds for the kids and they refund the points for the other room. Sure no problem.
In the end, we took the Exec Suite and they gave us 6 drink vouchers and returned the points for the other room.

How are the rooms?
The Exec Suite with Bay view is massive. Large hall, connecting into an office space, big entertaining area with dining table for 8, sofas, arm chairs and gigantic TV.
Bedroom large with a lovely comfortable king bed. Huge bathroom with dual sinks, bathtub and large shower. Guest Toilet.

How is the exec. lounge?
For breakfast quite good. Seems they have improved the Food since our last visit three years ago.

Bottle of red wine, brownie cakes and a cheese plate. Some of it compensation/gesture from manager for the mess with the bookings.

How was the minibar?

Well stocked with the usual beer, spirits, wine, liquor, soft drinks.

-Good
- The exec suite is nice, and I suppose they tried to rectify the situation.
- Lounge breakfast
- Spa

-Bad
obviously the errors mentioned above. Noisy suite.

In the end yes. We paid just north of 200USD for the room so ending up in an Exec Suite on the top floor with Club access, free mini-bar etc is great value.
Points nights were charged at 30K which also is superb value (didn't use in the end).
I do notice now that this hotel now is 60K per night, which is terrible value.

Would you return?
As RA yes, otherwise not.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by Petrus; Oct 28, 2017 at 9:02 am
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:32 am

Where are you?
Petrus likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Boston

Yes

Booked standard for a few nights plus an award night. Received a Superior Suite for the duration.

How are the rooms?
Normally I get an exec suite here which is already very large, but this Superior suite is even larger at 1200 square feet. Yet it is functionally pretty much the same. With all the extra space there is a big dining room table added. And the bathroom is quite large with his and hers sinks. And there is a guest bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
It's been one of the best since it opened, however I think the food quality in the evening has gone down a bit. Great service as usual.

Some fruit and a bottle of water.

How was the minibar?
Good with large bottle of vodka, rum and ginger beer cocktail cans, craft beers and all the usual items.

-Good
Great upgrade. The hotel was sold out so I was a bit worried an upgrade before arrival.

There was a massive anesthesiologist conference going on with 10,000 attendees. Yet the hotel is so large it really didn't seem overly crowded. And the bar scene was fun with all those mind-altering experts.

-Bad
Diminishing quality of evening food in the club.

All of Boston was very pricey this week, so I just had to suck it up and pay. But of course the RA value, and the mini-bar, eased the pain.

Would you return?
Yes.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
ANA InterContinental Tokyo

ANA InterContinental Tokyo

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

YES, as always.

Booked Club InterContinental Room, Received same. Regarding to new Club InterContinental Floor information, please see;
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28896226-post82.html

How are the rooms?
28sqm. This category also have 32sqm room. For detailed spec, please see above link. Club InterContinental Room is still soft opening stage. Therefore some features and items are still missing. Full opening will be end of 2017 or early Jan. 2018.

Video of Mockup Room:

Video of actual room:

How is the exec. lounge?
As always superb. All of warm meals are served by rich A La Carte menu (to order style). Bartender services in cocktail time. Absolutely one of the best Club Lounge in the world.

What was your welcome gift?
Japanese Rice Crackers

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good?
Everything except soft opening.

What was bad?
Nothing

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Yes. Here is my home. Every staff are my family.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:36 pm

Which warm meals, or rich la carte menu? Or are you referring to lounge breakfast?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by 336
Which warm meals, or rich la carte menu? Or are you referring to lounge breakfast?
Both Breakfast and Cocktail time.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:16 am

For cocktail time recently you had the choice between Asian and Western.

After which they served three tiny canaps.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
InterContinental Ljubljana, Slovenia

Yes
Superior. Received Delux
How are the rooms?
Very large. Massive bathroom, desk, and wardrobes. Fresh and nice design.
How is the exec. lounge?
Not eligible to visit
Yes, two drinks of anything from the rooftop bar. Savour snacks in room on arrival and bottles of water.
How was the minibar?
Standard

-Good
Bottle of champagne appeared in room when we came back after dinner, 75 on the room service menu. Was complimentary for no reason. Easy parking nearby and was reasonable price - same garage the hotel will park your car in if you ask them to valet it for 35.
Very handy location. Rooftop bar is very smart.
Didn't try pool.
-Bad

Very good
Would you return?
Yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:57 am

Reward booking?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:37 am
NKU

Programs: Qantas Gold / ROP Gold / RA Spire -IHG/ Diamond Hilton
IC Hong Kong

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/

Yes very happy!!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you received?

booked harbour view room, got executive suite

How are the rooms?
Spacious... massive bathroom!

How is the exec. lounge?
amazing!!
Yes tea cup ... pretty boring
How was the minibar?
Great selection of wine and spirits
The front desk is hopeless ... but the Ambassador grant desk and club lounge staff are amazing !
-Good
The view!!! The club lounge
-Bad
Front staff ... had no clues what RA was and tried to check me in with no upgrades ... bad attitudes towards not so great dressed up people...
(I got off the plane with me track pants and t shirt).
Great value for the view you have got and the service and room great great I can't wait to go back!
Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Absolute YES!!! I need to come back with more time to spend here !!!
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Oct 29, 2017 at 10:28 am Reason: Have not written anything!!! /// edited the post to make q&a better visibile by adjusting bold to questions
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Intercontinental Bucharest Romania upgrade to Imperial Suite

Yes super awesome hotel and awesome staff.

Upfront, with the new exclusions of big suites at the IHG list, their 2 tier upgrade guaranteed and club access I asked the hotel upfront if I book a king club room what the upgrade would be. Next is the exec suite and then comes the imperial suite which isn't on the exclusion list. Many hotels have those offline intermediate rooms to upgrade to but I was confirmed that would be Imperial Suite. AND, it has 2 bedrooms so the kids could sleep in it too ;-)

King club (of course i would get club anyway but the standard room was sold out, and the deluxe was just 20 euro less per night) the fact I was with 4 people this upgrade needed me to book just 1 room. King club was about 220 euro/night, the imperial suite goes 1300-1600 euro night. I stayed 6 nights

How are the rooms?
It's really IMPERIAL design. I love it!

How is the exec. lounge?
Not the biggest in the world but it's good. You cannot have full dinner there though (unless you are a French family who had 60 plates on their table).

Not sure actually.

How was the minibar?
2 minibars, 1 in both bedrooms. Good stocks. daily filled.

-Good
Everything

-Bad
As if there is any party in the gala hall. You might hear some noise. Was offered another room for the night and compensated.

Booked 220 euro room got the 1300-1600 euro Imperial Suite. Hell yes value for money.

Would you return?
If i go to Bucharest again : YES.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
IC Ljulbljana

IC Ljubljana

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, perfect.

Booked cheapest room (superior), got Junior Suite.

How are the rooms?
Large rooms with - in my opinion - smart layout.
Large bathroom with huge shower
Bedroom and attached a narrow living room space with views over the street
Lots of glass makes it a very airy, bright room
Elegant style of brown and blue colors

How is the exec. lounge?
Cozy space on the 19th floor with stunning views of the city and the nearby mountains
Breakfast la carte with good buffet options
Very weak happy hour, with just three hot options, barely any cold snacks. The hot options included a tongue dish on all nights, which some people might not be very keen of. Standard selection of wine and sparkling wine (local Slovenian - very good)
Friendy, attentive and sincere service

How was the mini-bar?
Good selection of wine, beer, soft drinks and liquor

What was your welcome gift?
Dragon
Sweet and savory snacks - very good
Bottle of red wine

Good

Fantastic staff - smiling, sincere and well trained
Good upgrade, very nice rooms with lots of light
Very elegant pool area on the 18th floor with marvelous views of the city and mountains
Location is a few minutes walk to the city center
Overall, a very well and elegantly designed new hotel

Roof-top restaurant and bar must be a great place with great views and food - we did, however, not have the chance to visit

Bad
Club Happy Hour offerings could be better

Value for € or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Can't wait to return. Fantastic hotel in a nice and relaxed city (first time for us)
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:53 pm

IC Stephen F. Austin

IC Stephen F. Austin
Yes

Booked Traditional Room (cheapest), the night before was upgraded to King Club. When I actually checked in, received One Bedroom Suite

How are the rooms?
The room was a corner room with great views of Congress St, the Paramount Theater and the Capitol. It had a separate living room with a smallish bedroom area. Some of the furniture (like the bedroom dresser) had seen better days, but overall was comfortable.
​​​​
How is the exec. lounge?
It's on the ground floor, right next to the check-in desk. Apparently, they let anyone in for a fee, so at breakfast, they actually give you check ($0 balance if you have club access but you feel obligated to tip). In the evening, I was just asked if I had Club Access but was never asked for a room number.
The breakfast buffet had a good selection of hot and cold items, but I didn't realize at first that you could order off a menu, too. At night, there were hot and cold items and self serve bar.

A small IC box of cookies, no fruit. Was wondering if I had checked off the "sweet" amenity? Received one bottle of water.

How was the minibar?
375 ml of white wine, 375 ml of red wine , 375 ml of Mumm, plus Shiner, local Austin flavored vodka, Texas Tea, and the usual assortment of liquor and non-alcoholic beverages.

-Good
  • The upgrade
  • Corner room views on Congress
  • The staff was friendly
    -Bad
  • Nothing really, but getting a bill in the Club Lounge was just odd (even with a zero balance)
  • Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
    I was there during the Austin Film Festival, so the prices were pretty high

Would you return?
  • Yes, if the prices are lower

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.