Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by turner32
Is the 533 room category the standard RA upgrade from base room? Staying over Christmas and don't want to book higher than I need to.
It was the planned default room (room cat) upgrade for RA booking base room when hotel first reflagged as IC, and lots of new room names/categories created, and stayed that way until 1st Sep 2017 RA t+c upgrade rewrite.
(And I received room 522 in Apr16, July16,Jan17, Feb17 paid stays too)

I did ask to double check during my July2017, as unlike previous stays booking base room only modded me to "DELUXE TROPICAL PAVILION" until morning of my checkin.

Issue is that all these Pavilions with Ocean View/Part-views are since mid-Feb2017 and opening of Club Lounge, renamed as new CLUB Category of CLUB-xxxxxx Rooms. As such hotel is alas now selling them and allocating to guests booking CLUB access.

The hotels manager said I now need book DELUXE TROPICAL PAVILION (lowest 70m Pavilion category) to be guaranteed my usual upgrade to room533 category.
However it doesn't mean an RA won't be given that room if other guest bookings and hotel occupancy allows (in July2017 hotel was sold out but I still got 533), but no early modify for RA as has always been the case before.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
IC Bangkok

- Offerings in the club lounge. Almost not worth going there for happy hour (unless you want to get drunk)
Haha so true. Luckily for me that was my intent when I was there
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
IC Hua Hin

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior at Blueport Wing, Got Club room at Beach Wing

How are the rooms?
Nicely decorated, pool view

How is the exec. lounge?
Small, slow service, not so professional. I think below average service compare to other ICs. It took so long time to deliver when we order something during happy hour. Champagne was out of stock during happy hour and watermelon juice was out of stock during breakfast.... They were keep saying tomorrow would be available.. jeez..

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Small virgin coconut oil

How was the minibar?
Nicely stocked but they don't refill spirits since it's 200ml big bottles. But it wasn't a problem for me.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Nice resort. Big pool. Vana nava free ticket for all guests.

-Bad
Below average service compare to other ICs. (Concierge, Club..)
The main pool is closing 8pm... so early.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Since they opened new blueport wing, room rate has dropped a lot. RA will get upgrade club room at beach wing. So it's good value than before if you book cheapest.

Would you return?
Yes

Last edited by scienm; Aug 11, 2017 at 11:02 pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
IC Amstel, Amsterdam

Definitely NOT HAPPY

o Booked Award Night = Exec City View
o Received = No Upgrade
This is POLICY CHANGE ... NO UPGRADES ON AWARD NIGHTS
Duty Manager informs me No Upgrades on Awards

How are the rooms?
Well room had usual bed, TV, BUT .... NO Fridge with Sodas/Drinks (just Spirits on a table) and Coffee+Bits on a second table

How is the exec. lounge?
o NA no lounge
o Amstel Club Experience is not provided to RAs on Award Nights either

NO

How was the minibar?
NO MINIBAR .. MINIBAR Fridgee MISSING FROM ROOM !

-Good
... nothing was good

-Bad
o ... Lack of room upgrade .... A change of policy
AS A REGULAR GUEST HERE A)UPGRADE AS USUAL B)TELL ME ON ANY OF MY STAYS THAT AWARDS ARE NO LONGER UPGRADED ... then I'd not book awards and be p**d off. I'd been booking PAID nights the last 2years! and been staying here since 2009.

zero value on award nights now that ZERO UPGRADE is the regime here, a waste of 50k points

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
NEVER AGAIN ... 4more stays this year will not happen now (3paid, 1 award)

1) I WALKED OUT and stayed at another hotel
2) Told both DM's that I'd be leaving (10mins after checkin) and not be returning even on paid stays due to for second visit in a row not getting a good stay
3)Was already peeved with previous stay 1week before and i)noise in room all day RESTARTING at 8am b)no water and not advised so i could book else where.. and the attitude when I spoke about issues on checkout.
(Could not speak to GM, Anita is on 2weeks vacation both weeks)
4)IC AMSTEL is now on my DO NOT STAY list
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Bangkok

Yes

Booked standard, given Club

How are the rooms?
Nice and large. Same as always.

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent service. Less food than in the past in the evening.

Welcome gift?
Bottle of white wine, as they have on record that I prefer white (the free red's are never good) and fruit refreshed each day.

How was the minibar?
Large bottles of booze as always.

It seemed to me that the level of service was really much higher than in the past.

-Good
On a cheap corporate rate, and as an RA, this is a great choice. And location wise it is excellent for many business people and tourists.

-Bad
Nothing.

Value for $Bhat or Priority Club Points?
Good value

Would you return?
Always do.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sydney Double Bay

Yes

Booked King Bayside, given Bayside Executive Suite with Club.

How are the rooms?
Rather large suite with a terrace facing the bay. Great views. Turning left from the door there is a long hallway to the salon. Turning right is a large bedroom with a very large bathroom. His and hers sinks.

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent service. The evening food isn't enough for a dinner, but the quality is tops. I tried breakfast both in the club and the restaurant, which is included for RA's/Club customers, and they were about the same. Same kitchen of course and the omelettes were very good.

Welcome gift?
Wine, fruit and high end water.

How was the minibar?
I was very impressed with this mini-bar. I've never had actual Champagne in Australia as they have their own sparkling wine, but this hotel has full bottles of Perrier-Jouët in the mini-bar! And a full bottle of Penfold's Bin 28. And a nice bottle of Chardonnay. And all the rest that you usually get in a good mini-bar. And they replaced it all each afternoon.

Excellent service throughout. This is a real luxury level hotel. Almost as good as a Four Seasons. It is in a very high end neighborhood judging by all the six-figure cars driving around. Sitting on the terrace sipping Champagne and watching the boats go by makes for a nice day. ^

-Good
For Australians this is a very expensive hotel. But when you convert to Euros it is cheaper than Le Grand or Park Lane.

-Bad
Nothing.

Great value as an RA if you like Champagne.

Would you return?
Yes I will.
FLYGVA and Raynyan like this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chicago

Yes

Booked standard, given a huge suite with two full rooms. Two full bathrooms and two full mini-bars. This is the largest suite I've had here, probably because it was on the 24th floor rather than up in the 30's where the floor plan is smaller.

How are the rooms?
Much improved bedding quality. Large sectional couch that has a pull out bed too. Lots of space.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge.

Welcome gift?
Water and fruit.

How was the minibar?
Large 200ml bottle of Grey Goose, two Belvedere minis, and two Absolut minis. Apparently they like their vodka here. And a bottle of American sparking wine that wasn't that bad. And a bottle of red and white and all the rest of the usual things.

Excellent service throughout.

-Good
Given a drink coupon for either restaurant/bar and a 10% off coupon and two Starbucks free coffee coupons.

The pool. ^

-Bad
Nothing.

Great value with two mini-bars.

Would you return?
Always do.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:23 am

Ah yes the pool, I forgot about this. It is wonderful. Nice to hear IC Chicago is shaping up.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
InterContinental Porto

Yes, great hotel, great location.

Did have one issue but will explain later.

Booked cheapest room, 2 nights using AMB cert and then 3 nights on points. At first only received a +1 cat upgrade which they didn't tell me about. I had to go have a long discussion with the front desk staff. They said the hotel is full there is nothing that can be done. I wasn't so happy about this as the reservation was made several months ago.

They said they could upgrade me to the appropriate room on the 3rd day and would offer me a 80EUR discount on me room. I declined as I wanted to think about it.

In the end, on the second day early in the morning, they had a cancellation and a +3 cat upgrade became available so I took it. Sadly, this 'Junior Suite' was not as nice as the 'Executive Room' we were previously in but I held my tongue .

In the end I took the 80EUR discount and didn't say any more on the topic as the rest of the stay was fantastic. The bit that irritated me most is that they tried to hide that I was only given a +1 cat upgrade, if they had said at checkin and offered the 80 EUR discount I would've been fine.

How are the rooms?
Both the Executive Room and Junior Suite I was in had fantastic views and were beautifully furnished. Really beautiful.

The Executive room had 5 small balconies across 2 walls of the room.

Both rooms have an ok-ish minibar with a bath and separate shower cubicle.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A BUT they are doing the Club Life experience of whatever it is...which is fantastic.

1. Breakfast with reserved table (which was worth it's wait in gold as the hotel was full!!)

2. Afternoon tea between 15:00-17:00. Some nice canapé's with a large selection of teas and soft drinks

3. Drinks and Canape's between 18:00-20:00. Although the drinks menu on this is quite short, we talked with the bar staff and we tried many drinks that weren't on the menu. They give us a big Port tasting session with various Ports. Other nights we had some good Champagne. There is no limit to the quantity of drinks it seemed.

The Canape's are good and infact on the second and third night we requested some cheese on there, they added it with no issue.

4. 2 free items to be ironed per stay
5. Free soft drinks for the minibar (irrelevant as a RA but still...)
6. Club Host contact for all needs throughout the stay.

Several...
1. Some nice Portuguese chocolates in a nice box
2. Bottle of Port
3. Nicely decorated chocolate / sweet plate
4. Pasteis de Nata
5. Another local sweet delicacy thing
6. Dark Portuguese honey with 23ct gold flakes in

How was the minibar?
Mediocre, nothing of note.

-Good
1. Service
2. Location
3. Beautiful hotel
4. Club life experience thing is fantastic

-Bad
1. The way they initially handled the lack of upgrade was really disappointing.

Yes, at 45k points it is fantastic. The EUR value seems to fluctuate, I was there for a national holiday weekend so the cash rate was a little high. Still a real gem in the IC hotel portfolio.

Would you return?
In a heartbeat.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Ic los angeles - downtown

Overall, yes.

Booked the cheapest room (King Superior) and received an Executive Room. At checkin, agent specifically mentioned two category upgrade.

How are the rooms?
The hotel is brand new. Rooms are done in a very modern, minimalist, decor. The bed was very comfortable. There is a small cafe table near the door, with a long work desk. There are plenty of power ports/outlets throughout the room and near the bed. The bathroom is of modern design, with both a shower and separate soaking tub.

The Executive Room is basically a typical hotel room, with a little extra space due to the entrance and location at the corner of the building. These are often referred to as King Corner Rooms at other properties. This room was located on the 47th of 68 floors of rooms. See below for more.

How is the exec. lounge?
The Club Lounge is off the lobby on the 70th floor. It offers stunning northern and eastern views of the Hollywood Hills and surrounding city. This has to be the tallest building in Los Angeles, so the view is unparalleled.

The morning presentations were nice, with typical breakfast fare and some Asian type dishes. I requested a cooked to order egg white scramble, and it was accommodated. The lounge was not busy, so perhaps this was an exception. The evening presentations were ample, and rotate every three days. There are cheeses, cold meats and several hot entrees, as well as plenty of items to satisfy vegetarians. There were red, white and sparkling wines available, as well as the usual assortment of liquor.

I spotted Charles from the Boston IC Club, who was there to help get the new staff up and running. Also, the Front Office manager is a veteran of the IC SF and MH. I'm encouraged that they brought people in from the other hotels to help establish service. The staff is polite, but very young and don't seem very seasoned in hospitality.

I got the standard fruit plate, plenty of water, and a tall glass bottle of Voss Sparkling. Not sure if that was the gift.

How was the minibar?
Didn't use or look

Good
-Stunning views
-Fitness Center is not ready, so free passes to Golds Gym located just south of hotel.
-Staff are kind and very available.
- The hotel is located near plenty of downtown shopping and dining. The Red Metro line is across the street and easily accessible to Union Station or Hollywood.

Bad
- The design of this hotel is really disappointing. The lobby is located on the 70th floor. This requires an elevator from the ground up to the 70th, then transferring to another hall and another set of elevators to get down to your room. The elevators all have a keypad on the outside of the cars where you enter the floor. You are then directed to the appropriate elevator. There are no keypads inside the actual cars. The staff explained the hotel is owned by Koreans, and they specifically didn't want any signage. So, there are an army of staff standing around constantly giving people directions on how to get place to place and use the elevators. It was a cluster the entire weekend and quite the talk among patrons. This is a classic example where a cute design idea on paper didn't translate to real life.
- Despite low occupancy, a strict adherence to the "two category" rule.
- $46 a night parking. However, you can park at the Pershing Square Garage for $16 a night and walk or take the nearby Metro train one stop to the front of the hotel.

The price point on this hotel is very high. Due to low occupancy, the price dropped during the day and I snagged a nice corporate rate. It is definitely nicer than the Century City IC, which ironically was twice the price that weekend.

Would you return?
Yes. This a nice and much needed addition to the IC portfolio in LA.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:32 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
How to post

1. Do not use the "Reply with Review Button" but the regular one
I have moved the review of the IC The Willard Washington and the question to the master thread of this hotel (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...l#post28699206).

The reason is that the layout of a review post will be lost if this post is linked in the first post. Thus makes a post with review barely readable.

Thank you for your understanding

FLYGVA
moderator IHG FOrum
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
IC Singapore

Yes, as always

Booked Premier Room, upgraded to Royal Suite.

How are the rooms?
16th (top) floor, large one-bedroom suite, with a standalone toilet off the entrance way and full bathroom off the bedroom. Lounge has 3-seater sofa, armchair and dining table for four.

How is the exec. lounge?
Well documented by others, one of the best in the group.

Welcome gift?
Set of key rings

How was the minibar?
Rather miserly compared with say IC Bangkok.

-Good

Nice upgrade.

-Bad
Nothing.

Prices were high in Singapore, but IC Singapore is a quality offer.

Would you return?
Absolutely.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
IC Pattaya

Yes, delighted

Tropical Pavilion on BOGO and two standard rooms on points. All upgraded to Club suites (2x Pool, 1x Ocean View). Club access for one room.

How are the rooms?
Newly decorated, so very clean and fresh. Not true suites, as the bath area is curtained off (effectively). Nice firm bed, plus sofa and chair. Outdoor sala.

How is the exec. lounge?
Pleasant and quiet, good size for a resort

Welcome gift?
Neck pillow plus fruit

How was the minibar?
similar to IC Bangkok, 180ml spirits plus reasonable selection of soft drinks and Singha beer.

-Good

Great upgrades for three rooms, especially on points.
Breakfast available at Club, Elements restaurant or in room
Great service

-Bad
Having to leave

Definitely.

Would you return?
Definitely.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand

Yes!

Booked two nights on AMB weekend cert followed by one night on Rewards Nights. Received suite for all three nights.

How are the rooms?
Very elegant decor.

Beautiful living room with bar area, loveseat, two chairs, and a desk/working area.

Somewhat small/dark bedroom with very nice marble bath with separate shower/tub.

Single toilet in a separate room.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Yes. Water, fruit, and chocolates

How was the minibar?
Half bottles of Veuve Brut and Rose were nice.

Only 1 single serving of gin, vodka, JW Black, and cognac

-Good
Fantastic service overall
Gordon Ramsay bistro was nice

-Bad
Room was not ready for early arrival

Very good

Would you return?
Yes, indeed
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
At the IC Bordeaux id they give you any free breakfast or anything for being a RA?

i am looking at doing EXACTLY the same as you in November 😇

Last edited by Lewis42; Aug 29, 2017 at 3:39 pm Reason: Forgot to mention more...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.