Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017

Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
IC New York - The Barclay

IC New York - The Barclay

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Somewhat, but not impressed.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior Queen on a corporate rate and upgraded to a Premier King, 10th floor, with a view of the center courtyard and the street. The checkin agent mentioned that it was a three category upgrade. I guess they count the Queen to King as an upgrade category.

How are the rooms?
The rooms are typical small New York hotel rooms. Other than the king bed, it looked like any other standard room in the hotel. Having stayed at the Barclay several times before I was an RA, I remember these small rooms. Frankly, I think they're just creating room types to play the upgrade game. If the room I had was considered an upgrade, I'd hate to see the room I originally booked. I did confirm they were selling Executive Rooms and suites with plenty of availability on the night I stayed.

The renovations look nice, with a bright bathroom and upgraded sink and tiles. The bed was comfortable with nice linens. There was no desk, but a small cafe type table with two chairs by the window. Good thing I didn't have to do any serious business, as the table wouldn't have worked well as a desk.

How is the exec. lounge?
In an otherwise unmemorable stay, the club lounge was a bright spot. There was a warm buffet in the evening with several canaps and a nice cheese and charcuterie selection. There were also some desserts. Prosecco, Red and White wines, along with the usual liquors were on offer. For breakfast, there was scrambled eggs (both regular and egg whites), sausage, waffles and an interesting blueberry bread pudding type offer. They also offered oatmeal, blueberries, blackberries and yogurt. I asked for plain yogurt and they brought out a container of Fage from the back.

The lounge was not crowded or noisy on either visit and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The seating area is comfortable and "clubby."

Did you receive a welcome gift?
No. I was offered the choice of points, Fruit and Water, a minibar credit toward food items, or a 20 dollar drink coupon. I chose the points, which have not yet appeared. I'm not sure if this was a Spire benefit or what.

There was no welcome letter. In fact, when I checked in, the agent never mentioned my RA status or any of the benefits. It felt as though I had walked in cold off the street like any ordinary guest.

How was the minibar?
It had red and white wine, as well as a split of Tattinger Champagne. All the usual liquors and bottled water.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
The club lounge staff were very nice!
The overall renovation looks nice from the lobby and in the rooms.

-Bad
-Poor RA recognition and benefits. I remember the pre-renovation RA treatment, with at least a junior suite or better on every stay. This is one of those stays (maybe under the new rules) which makes me wonder if chasing RA is worth the effort. Little or no RA recognition. In fact, when I checked the reservation when leaving EWR for the hotel at 3:30 PM, there had still been no upgrade to the original booking.
-Points weren't credited as offered.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Unless you can get a bargain basement rate, the benefits are probably not worth the extra cost. As a data point, rooms at other IC properties nearby (i.e HIX, HI, Crowne Plaza) were running 75 to 90 dollars less than the Barclay on the night I stayed.

Would you return?
Unless things change significantly or this stay was a one off, the extra money is not worth it. There are too many other hotel choices in NYC.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Intercontinental Stephen Austin - Austin

Intercontinental Stephen Austin - Austin TX

Yes, overall.

Booked an "Intercontinental Deluxe Room" on a BOGO with a separate third night reservation on corporate rate and initially received same. The check in agent explained they had 7 large wedding parties at the hotel that weekend and they were a small property. She offered to try for a suite the next day. After a few moments of tense silence as I prepared to quote RA T&C, she did some rearranging and found what she referred to as a Junior Suite (according to the reservation update, it was actually an Executive Room). There was no offer of a rate adjustment, and I'm sure they would have put me in the same room I booked if I'd said nothing.

How are the rooms?
The Executive Room is a long open room with a sitting area and loveseat. There were ample power outlets, and there was a wet bar counter area just inside the door. Given the size of the room, it seemed out of proportion. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was fairly spacious with a separate powder mirror and sitting area.

How is the exec. lounge?
There were several large wedding parties in the hotel, and they had apparently sold club access rather than vouchers for the restaurant. The lounge was packed on Friday and Saturday, somewhat overwhelming the staff. In particular, breakfast service was slow to absent. On both days, the key access door was propped open and their didn't seem to be anyone checking credentials. People were coming and going (think shorts, flip flops, etc) who didn't seem to know their way around the lounge.

For breakfast, there was a buffet of hot and cold items. Coffee was only available by asking staff, and any specialties (espresso, Americano, etc.) were not included. There was an a la carte breakfast menu which was available for a charge. On several occasions, staff brought us a check folder, even when there was no food charge. This clearly was a solicitation for a tip. I don't think I've ever seen such an arrangement in any club lounge before.

For dinner, there were several daily hot specials and a cheese and charcuterie selection. A dessert was available. Mid day snacks included coffee, tea and cookies.

There was a red, white, and sparkling wine available. It appeared liquor was also available for mixed drinks.

Welcome gift was a sealed package of shortbread cookies and chocolate candy, a green apple and a bottle of mineral water.

How was the minibar?
Usual selection, including a split of Champagne. It was not replaced until we called for service.

-Good
The staff were nice and helpful
The hotel is very convenient to downtown activities.

-Bad
The previously mentioned zoo atmosphere in the lounge
The obvious lack of RA upgrade benefits until they were prompted.

OK. It was Austin Food and Wine weekend so the hotel rates were up. Still, we had a nice stay.

Would you return?
Yes, although I'd hope for a better reception next time.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Unhappy InterContinental Tokyo Bay

InterContinental Tokyo Bay

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Could be better.

Booked Cheapest Standard Room, Received as always Premium (Deluxe) Club InterContinental SkyTree View Room.

How are the rooms?
52SQM Tokyo Skytree and Sumidagawa River/Tokyo Bay View.
Specious Tokyo Bay Viewbath Room
Interior design is a little bit different in every floor.

Video of Premium (Deluxe) Club InterContinental SkyTree View Room.

How is the exec. lounge?
Great view but F&B qualities are quite poor as always.
One of the worst Club InterContinental Lounge F&B offering in the world.

How was the mini-bar?
Getting worse. Japanese Whisky and some of soft drinks are gone.

What was your welcome gift?
They didn't offer.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
No

Good
+++++ View

Bad
---------- Bathroom floor cleanness
---------- Club Lounge F&B offering
----- No welcome gift and fruits
----- Mini-Bar degrade

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Probably. If I have some businesses near the hotel.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:04 pm

Talking The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo

The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked Single Classic with Reward Night, Received Premier Bath View Room

How are the rooms?

[Premier Bath View Room]
35.5sqm. IMHO best room in this hotel except suite. Nespresso, 40inch SONY LCD TV, Blu-ray player, BOSE Sound System, toilet equipped the TOTO Washlet, Jacuzzi with view bathroom, Toiletries are THANN. No longer L'Occitane.

Video of Premier Bath View Room

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A
You can purchase Dining Room Passport (similar service of the CLUB, JPY10,000.- par person. For RA, JPY6,000.- par person as special discount. Not given complimentary access as standard RA benefit) upon check in.

Demi Bottle of Champagne, Japanese rice cracker "Okaki" and "Karintoh", Teddy Bear.

Did you receive the fruits in the room?
Yes. Huge plate of fruits.

How was the minibar?
Little bit improved. But not great. Added two full bottles (red & white) of wines.

What was good?
++++++++++ Regular Guest recognition (Received Dining Room Passport!)
+++++ Upgrade

What was bad?
None

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Yes
Old May 14, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
IC Miami Doral

IC Miami Doral (May 2017 overnight LHR-MIA / MIA-LAX-HNL)

Very

o Booked entry level room on paid corp rate (b/f included)
o Received KB Club on 5th floor (Club Floor)

How are the rooms?
Good condition, fair size and condition, comfy bed, I spleft well

How is the exec. lounge?
o Exists but hardly used, despite lounge doing b/f and evening food/alcohol
o Did use to grab takeout coffee versus use machine in my room, as on same floor as my room

o Unexpectedly 600 Spire points
o Fruit and a savoury platter too

How was the minibar?
o Water, Sodar, Beer, 5cl spirits
o Half Bottle Champagne, plus both White+Red wine

o nothing standout regards any of room/lounge/breakfast
o Hotel site lacks info ref shuttle (wasted $30 on yellow taxi as could have got shuttle)

-Good
o plusmarks for 1./2 bottle of champagne
o 600 Spire points amenity (unexpected)
o minibus free shuttle hourly, hotel hh:00 to airport hh:20.
o minibus free shuttle hourly, MIA hh:20 to Doral hh:45 (wait outside flag with hand wave)

Good low corp rate paid (in b/fast). Have seen almost double that when approaching sod out

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
o For 1nighters if using MIA airport for xfers, yes on Paid corp rate (points too high at 50k)
Old May 14, 2017, 11:18 am

IC Miami Doral

IC Miami Doral (May 2017 HNL-LAX-MIA arrival )

Very

o Booked entry level room on paid corp rate (b/f included)
o Received 2x Doubles Club Temp room at 08:45am on 5th floor (Club Floor)
(Was told temp as I booked KB. I said is fine as only staying 0800-1500 using RA early 8am Checkin as CP South Beach is 4pm checkin)

How are the rooms?
Good condition, fair size and condition

How is the exec. lounge?
o Exists but hardly used, despite lounge doing b/f and evening food/alcohol as here just 0900-1500
o Did use to grab takeout coffee versus use machine in my room, as on same floor as my room

o Unexpectedly 600 Spire points
o Fruit and a savoury platter offered but turned down by me as just booked to get room/food/bed 8am before CP South Beach 4pm checkin after LAX (2345)-MIA(0750) overnight flight
o no gift

How was the minibar?
o Water, Sodar, Beer, 5cl spirits
o Half Bottle Champagne, plus both White+Red wine

o no quibble early 8am checkin... Even with ClubRoom as temp (though hotel aware I was arriving circa 0845 am as mentioned on my earlier stays checkout)
o nothing standout regards any of room/lounge/breakfast, perfectly addequate.
o Hotel site lacks info ref shuttle but was aware of timings from previous stay

-Good
o plusmarks for 1/2 bottle of decent champagne
o 600 Spire points amenity
o minibus free shuttle hourly, hotel hh:00 to airport hh:20. (not needed)
o minibus free shuttle hourly, MIA hh:20 to Doral hh:45 (wait outside flag with hand wave) .. ON TIME and CAUGHT IT ^
o Asked to have rate included breakfast on checkin day as only there0900-1500. Checkin Agent helpfully gave me voucher for b/f to ensure I was not later charged in error

Good low corp rate paid (inc b/fast). Have seen almost double that when approaching sold out

o For 1nighters if using MIA airport for xfers, yes on Paid corp rate (points too high at 50k)
o Shuttle from / To airport proved reliable (free versus $30 taxi) if hotels hourly trip timing works for you
o More or less conference hotel, rather isolated nothing walkable nearby I will just use for 1nighters for MIA airport access
Old May 14, 2017, 11:45 am

IC Citystars, Cairo

IC CAiro Citystars (May 2017)

Mostly... frustrated by lack of xfer limo

Booked - Base Room on Paid Corp rate
Modded - 2days out to Exec Suite
Arrival - Diplomatic or Ambassador Suite (forget which was the name)

How are the rooms?
o Living room
o Living room had curved high bar with stools
o also sofa, coffee table, TV, extra toilet+wc

o Bedroom
o Bathroom was bath, with shower as part of bath
o comfy bed, quiet room, slept aok

How is the exec. lounge?
o not visited ....As arrived 10pm, left 7am (0800 BA flight CAI-LHR)

not needed, 2200 checkin

How was the minibar?
not checked/used

-Bad
o lack of limo at airport. have to now wander outside and look for signs
o IC Citystars driver for another guest totally disinterested in helping me
o had to ask security to go into terminal to organise Limo for me

-Good
o Comfy Bed
o Bedside clock/alarm easy to use/set. worked and woke me up
o phone call wakeup came on time too (15mins after clock alarm)

o so so value for a 1nighter airportt wait/xfer, as rooms a bit tired these days, rooms not great, but good/easy/quick drive to/from Cairob airport.
o Corp rate versus points marginal regards using points here for me if looking for $70/10k return

o On a multiday stay when using pool area then yes pool area and restaurants make hotel worthwhile for me
o I may look at airport hotels next time for 2100-0530 room useage, as similar costings but more convenient
Old May 14, 2017, 12:19 pm

IC Amstel

IC Amstel (April 2017, Kings Day period)

Very (as usual)

Booked - KB Exec River View (2nights Corp followed by 2night bogo)
Received - Exec River View Suite (4th floor tram bridge end)

NOTE:- IC Amstel are refurbing/restoring the building externally. Extreme left third River Side covered my netting etc.
Will affect the /202/302/402 RV Exec Suite rooms often given to RAs

How are the rooms?
Fourth floor corner suites are quainter and more interesting than the 2nd floor corner suites I had from first visits (never received different coz I never asked until 2years ago !)

o Bedroom
comfy bed, recessed (in box) TV at end of bed, shuttered attic type windows

o Living room
sofa, large coffee table, workdesk+chair, bureau with minibar , again shuttered attic type windows. Plus corner cupboard with safe

o Bathroom
Large, separate large shower cubicle and bath, great thick towels
+ 2x Sets of Anne Semonin toiltries here in Exec Suite (no idea if all rooms though) great improvement on tired Agraria products

How is the exec. lounge?
1. NA No Lounge
2. BUT IC Amstel one of 3x European IC's trialing "Club Experience"
Club Experience
o free b/f for two in restaurant
o free coffee/sodas in tearoom throughout the day
o free afternnon tea in tearoom in afternoon (cutdown version of full paid offering, which was fair enough and offering was fine for me)
o evening drinks/canapes n "A" bar for 2hours (says inc Sparkling wine)
.. sparkling wine is actualy Moet which is what tearoom serves
... bar manager used Veuve Cliquot for me as the A bar offering (and so similarly priced)
... hot canapes bought out to table on plate
... had foc bottled beers too foc (cocktails eg Mojitos chargable circa eur15++ )

o Fruit basket

How was the minibar?
o no changes, but far far too may bottles of water
o water, water, water, 1x cola, 1x sprite, 2x heineken, 1x poor white wine (1/2 bottle), 1 x poor 1/2 bottle red (Yes you can drink both wines as RA )
o I removed 8 bottles of water and requested 2x bottles each soda instead
(too long a walk to tearoom for a free soda on lounge experience ! )

-Good
o Early 10am checkin to RV Suite although I could have been there 8am or earlier from Renaissance Amsterdam
(IC Amstel deliberately did not use my planned room the night before for other guests)
o Introduction of Club Experience
o free breakfast first time here due to club experience on paid night stays
o free afternoon tea experience ..only bothered with foc afternoon tea 1 of 4 days though (but not because offering was not good)
o 2hours foc VC champagne or beer in A bar each evening much appreciated on 3 of 4 nights

-Bad
Just minibar being nealy all water *nothing changed there *

o Costly here as always, alas extra eur100++ / night as Kings Day period
o although I booked early, so luckily paid eur200-300 less/night than rooms selling for 1month out
o and used a BOGO so just paid 3of 4 nights though bogo night was eur100 more than my corp rate
o no 50k point award rooms available this trip, but as I wanted River View I needed to pay cash anyway.
o 50k award night is good value as entry rooms are more than eur350++ at any time of the year, frequently eur450++ (ie $500) per basic Exec City Room

1. Yes , a repeat guest here, one of my favourite IC's in Europe
2. YES PLUS if Club Experience is kept

Last edited by scubaccr; May 14, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Old May 19, 2017, 4:21 pm

Thumbs up InterContinental Osaka

InterContinental Osaka

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely!

Booked one night Premium Suite and one more night by Reward Night (total two nights), received Executive Suite for entire of stay.

How are the rooms?
82SQM well appointed suite room. 2x 45inch LCD TV, Blu-ray player, Bose surround audio system have equipped. large marbled master bathroom and guest bathroom, small walk-in closet.

Video of Executive Suite

How is the exec. lounge?
Still Keeping best F&B services in Japanese InterContinental. Great Liquor selections with bartender service in the cocktail time. Hot meals need to order from a la carte menu.

How was the mini-bar?
Great mini-bar selections (Demi-bottle of Louis-Roederer Champagne, Demi-bottle of Calera Chardonnay Central Coast, The Macallan 12y, good selection of soft drinks, and the 3rd label of Chateau Haut Brion (Red & White).

Full bottle of Louis Roederer Champagne (Coz I'm bi-weekly regular guest), TWG Hotel original blend Tea Box, and honey pickles of Japanese Plum.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
I chose a snack instead of fruits.

Good
+++++++++ Guest Recognitions
+++++++++ Excellent Upgrade
+++++++++ Bar Adee
+++++ Location
+++++ Nice fitness, pool and Japanese Bathhouse

Bad
Nothing

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Why not!
Old May 20, 2017, 3:51 am

IC SYDNEY

Overall, yes.

Booked a King Harbor Bridge View Room and upgraded to a King Harbor Bridge View Suite. As a RA, I've had much better upgrades in the past, although the new policy seems to work on this particular property.

How are the rooms?
The suite was on the 22nd of 31 floors. While it had a view, it was obstructed by a building which is just east of the hotel. It was a small, one bedroom suite with a nice sitting area and desk. The bed was comfortable and the shower/tub were roomy.

How is the exec. lounge?
The place was packed every day I was there - breakfast and dinner. The view is stunning and is one of the best in the IHG system. Service was friendly, although a bit slow due to the number of guests in the lounge. They obviously upsell the lounge, and serving RA's is clearly not their priority. The lounge opens after evening happy hour and is a Supper Club open to the public until 1am. Breakfast was a selection of cooked to order eggs or a buffet. Evening canaps were ordered and were usually starchy fillers. The oysters each night were delicious!

How was the minibar?
Didn't use.

-Good
Great gym for a hotel. All the modern amenities for a good workout.
View in Club Lounge.
Easy airport access via the train to Circular Quay

-Bad
Nothing major.

Good, although I'm not sure they honor RA benefits on points.

Would you return?
Yes, for an IC the location can't be beat.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by scubaccr
IC Amstel (April 2017, Kings Day period)

Very (as usual)

Booked - KB Exec River View (2nights Corp followed by 2night bogo)
Received - Exec River View Suite (4th floor tram bridge end)

NOTE:- IC Amstel are refurbing/restoring the building externally. Extreme left third River Side covered my netting etc.
Will affect the /202/302/402 RV Exec Suite rooms often given to RAs

How are the rooms?
Fourth floor corner suites are quainter and more interesting than the 2nd floor corner suites I had from first visits (never received different coz I never asked until 2years ago !)

o Bedroom
comfy bed, recessed (in box) TV at end of bed, shuttered attic type windows

o Living room
sofa, large coffee table, workdesk+chair, bureau with minibar , again shuttered attic type windows. Plus corner cupboard with safe

o Bathroom
Large, separate large shower cubicle and bath, great thick towels
+ 2x Sets of Anne Semonin toiltries here in Exec Suite (no idea if all rooms though) great improvement on tired Agraria products

How is the exec. lounge?
1. NA No Lounge
2. BUT IC Amstel one of 3x European IC's trialing "Club Experience"
Club Experience
o free b/f for two in restaurant
o free coffee/sodas in tearoom throughout the day
o free afternnon tea in tearoom in afternoon (cutdown version of full paid offering, which was fair enough and offering was fine for me)
o evening drinks/canapes n "A" bar for 2hours (says inc Sparkling wine)
.. sparkling wine is actualy Moet which is what tearoom serves
... bar manager used Veuve Cliquot for me as the A bar offering (and so similarly priced)
... hot canapes bought out to table on plate
... had foc bottled beers too foc (cocktails eg Mojitos chargable circa eur15++ )

o Fruit basket

How was the minibar?
o no changes, but far far too may bottles of water
o water, water, water, 1x cola, 1x sprite, 2x heineken, 1x poor white wine (1/2 bottle), 1 x poor 1/2 bottle red (Yes you can drink both wines as RA )
o I removed 8 bottles of water and requested 2x bottles each soda instead
(too long a walk to tearoom for a free soda on lounge experience ! )

-Good
o Early 10am checkin to RV Suite although I could have been there 8am or earlier from Renaissance Amsterdam
(IC Amstel deliberately did not use my planned room the night before for other guests)
o Introduction of Club Experience
o free breakfast first time here due to club experience on paid night stays
o free afternoon tea experience ..only bothered with foc afternoon tea 1 of 4 days though (but not because offering was not good)
o 2hours foc VC champagne or beer in A bar each evening much appreciated on 3 of 4 nights

-Bad
Just minibar being nealy all water *nothing changed there *

o Costly here as always, alas extra eur100++ / night as Kings Day period
o although I booked early, so luckily paid eur200-300 less/night than rooms selling for 1month out
o and used a BOGO so just paid 3of 4 nights though bogo night was eur100 more than my corp rate
o no 50k point award rooms available this trip, but as I wanted River View I needed to pay cash anyway.
o 50k award night is good value as entry rooms are more than eur350++ at any time of the year, frequently eur450++ (ie $500) per basic Exec City Room

Would you return?
1. Yes , a repeat guest here, one of my favourite IC's in Europe
2. YES PLUS if Club Experience is kept[/QUOTE]

I had this same Suite in March. Really liked the layout and all the cute little windows and small staircases leading down to them. Much prefer this suite to the ones I've had in the past.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
IC Paris le Grand

IC Paris le Grand

Yes.

Booked cheapest available using a BOGO certificate and was upgraded to a Prestige Suite.

How are the rooms?
The room was spacious. You walk into a small living area with pullout sofa and guest bathroom, and then into the large master bedroom with huge master bathroom. Some of the furniture (couch, TV stand) are definitely showing their age, and actually look pretty rough for such an expensive hotel.

How is the exec. lounge?
It's great as always. Nice wine and champagne selections, and decent hot food options. I prefer to sit upstairs for the view.

A bottle of champagne. I was also given the option of a drink at the bar, or extra points upon check-in.

How was the minibar?
Above average minibar. Nice minis including some premium options. A bottle of good chardonnay and bottle of good champagne and rose.

-Good
Nice upgrade and overall treatment. Club access is also a plus. Parking is reasonable at 40 euro per night.

-Bad
$80 charge per night for a third guest.

Decent. It's a bit pricey and the rooms are starting to show their age.

Yes, but I may consider checking out the other Paris IC location since I've never been there.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
IC Amstel Amsterdam

IC Amstel Amsterdam

Yes, amazing as always.

Booked lowest category room on award night and was upgraded to an Executive Suite City View.

How are the rooms?
I really love the Executive Suites here. They are extremely spacious and the decor is beautiful. I love the high ceilings as well. I obviously prefer the river view suites over the city view suites, but I wasn't going to complain with the upgrade on an award night.

How is the exec. lounge?
They don't have one, but after speaking with some staff at check-in they are considering creating one in some under-utilized space in the hotel.

I was offered a glass of champagne upon check-in. There was also a gift of stroopwafles in the room. And I was offered extra points or a free drink at the hotel bar. I opted for a drink and ordered a glass of sparkling wine, which turned out to be Moet and Chandon. ^

How was the minibar?
The only disappointment here is the minibar. There's a few beers and a half of wine, but that's it. All of the liquor are in big bottles and those are excluded from the RA benefit. I wish they wold stock the minibar with some minis or a half bottle of champagne.

-Good
The treatment on award stays is exceptional. All benefits are honored. I also appreciate the personalized hand written card in the room. It's a small gesture but goes a long way for me. And the fact that they decreased the parking charge from 65 euro to 40 euro was a welcome surprise.

-Bad
Nothing.

Excellent. Surprised this property is still at 50,000 points.

Absolutely, can't wait.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:40 pm

Weren't you able to enjoy the new club experience (a.o. free breakfast) at the Amstel?
Old May 23, 2017, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by 336
Weren't you able to enjoy the new club experience (a.o. free breakfast) at the Amstel?
I believe Club Experience is only offered foc to RAs on paid stays.

IC Amstel will honour upgrades/minibar on award nights just like on paid stays, and even a temp room if available if checking in early, though again not guaranteed on an award night checkin, understandable coz hotel often sold out so no rooms free at 8am for RAs wanting 8am room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.