Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
IC Frankfurt

IC Frankfurt

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest rate, got Club Suite.

How are the rooms?
Around 70 sqm, two room suite
Large master bathroom, guest bathroom, Occitane toiletries
Nice views over the Main

Elegant furniture, but very old and very worn

No power outlets at the desk

How is the exec. lounge?
- Elegantly furnished
- All day drinks available
- Good selection for happy hour (until 21:00)
- Very friendly staff

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- Very friendly and professional staff, particular at check-in and at the lounge
- Excellent lounge
- Great location and views

Bad
- A complete revamp is overdue

Value for € or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Would return at a decent rate
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Ic frankfurt

Intercontinental Frankfurt

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, it was ok.

Booked a Classic Room on a corporate rate and received a non-club floor Deluxe Room with Club access.

How are the rooms?
This is an old hotel, having many of the original IC decorative touches (Brownish orange tiles and burled wood). It has been renovated partially.

How is the exec. lounge?
It has a nice view from the 21st floor. Four distinct offerings per day (Continental Breakfast, Coffee, Tea and Refreshments, Snacks, Open Bar and Warm Dinner. The dinner had some warmed over chicken breast and the offerings looked like they'd been out for a while Cheese selection as well as some small bites. IC brand Trocken which is better than nothing. A few local whites and a red wine, plus the usual liquor options.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A jar of preserves and the usual fruit plate with madeleines.

How was the minibar?
It was sparse but just the basics. No sparkling, red and white wine splits only.

-Good
Convenient to Frankfurt Hbf (easily walkable in 10 minutes).
Nice river and city views from the upper floors.

-Bad
The rooms look at little dated but were comfortable.
Strict adherence to the two category upgrade T and C.
Bathroom was cramped (bathtub/shower combo).

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
N/A.

Would you return?
Since there are no other IC options in FRA, yes. It gets the job done for an overnight stay.

Last edited by PremExecSNA; Jan 23, 2017 at 12:51 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
ic berlin

Intercontinental Berlin

Yes, very!

Booked a standard room on Advance Purchase rate, upgraded to a Junior Suite with Club Access in old wing. Asked for a downgrade to Deluxe Club in new wing on Club floor and received same. As reported in an earlier review, the check in agent made it a point to remind me of the two category upgrade policy effective January 1. In the future, I'd have to book a Deluxe Room to receive a Junior Suite.

How are the rooms?
There are two buildings in this IC, the old original and the newer wing with the Club Lounge. The Junior Suites in the original building have remnants of the old IC design (blond, burled wood doors, round brass door knobs, bathroom tiles against the renovated plumbing. The Junior Suite felt lifeless and cold. Hard to put my finger on it, but it didn't flow. Carpets looked a little rough and possibly stained.

The Deluxe Suite Club Floor, is a sleek modern design with heated floors in the bathroom, a full soaking tub, and a walk in shower. All the amenities in the rooms were nice and pleasant. Nice view of the nearby skyline. It had plenty of room and a sitting area which was plenty for one person.

How is the exec. lounge?
The Exec Lounge was nice and the staff were very accommodating. They have made to order eggs in the morning and a limited continental breakfast selection. No mid day food service, but late afternoon tea. The evening food offering consisted of a section of cheeses and condiments, vegetables, and a selection of three hot and three cold canapés. The quality was very high, and the chef worked back in the club kitchen to make these items.

Two kinds of sparkling: Nicholas Feullette Champagne and a nice Trocken from Germany. A variety of red and white wines to suit most palates. Usual liquor selection.

Box of Chocolates and fruit bowl along with water replenished each day. These were the big water bottles, not the usual small ones offered as a gift.
How was the minibar?

-Good
Overall the IC is a great option in Berlin. Starting with easy access from TXL via the X9 and 109 Buses to Zoological Garden, you can transfer to the 200 bus which stops right in front of the hotel and takes you to virtually every tourist area downtown.
Useable gym area although a little small and missing modern amenities such as foam rollers and medicine balls. Beautiful pool which was closed for renovation while I was there. The alternate offering at the Scwizerhof across the street was a hassle and not really worth the schlep in the winter.
The rooms are nice and modern and the Club Lounge is one of the best.

-Bad
Not really anything other than the closed pool.
I thought the Concierge was a little snerdy, which I've noticed in the past.

Excellent

Would you return?
Yes, I always enjoy visiting the IC Berlin.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
ANA InterContinental Tokyo

ANA InterContinental Tokyo

Spire Royal Ambassador

YES, as always.

Booked Single Classic Room, received Imperial Suite. Just I learned Imperial Suite had added on upgrade exception list on Ambassador T&Cs. I have requested nothing at all, but hotel offered me this room upon check-in.

How are the rooms?
This suite is 86sqm 2nd highest category room. 50inches and 40inches Panasonic LCD TV, Blu-ray player, Bang&Olufsen Sound system, Jacuzzi with 32 inches bathroom TV, Nespresso, Independent Shower Booth with Mist Sauna, and THANN toiletries. No longer L'Occitane toiletries and Keurig coffee machine.

Video of Imperial Suite

How is the exec. lounge?
As always superb. All of warm meals changed to serve by rich A La Carte menu (to order style). Bartender services in cocktail time. Absolutely one of the best Club Lounge in the world.

What was your welcome gift?
Bottle of Red wine and Japanese mixed nuts.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good?
Everything

What was bad?
Nothing

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Yes. Here is my home. Every staff are my family.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
[QUOTE=PremExecSNA;27806682]Intercontinental Berlin

Booked a standard room on Advance Purchase rate, upgraded to a Junior Suite with Club Access in old wing. Asked for a downgrade to Deluxe Club in new wing on Club floor and received same. As reported in an earlier review, the check in agent made it a point to remind me of the two category upgrade policy effective January 1. In the future, I'd have to book a Deluxe Room to receive a Junior Suite.

If a hotel needs to invent "view" categories to circumvent upgrades to junior suites tells enough about the attitude of hotel management towards the chains most loyal customer. Thanks for this confirmation.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:39 pm

[QUOTE=boekel;27809118]
Originally Posted by PremExecSNA
Intercontinental Berlin

If a hotel needs to invent "view" categories to circumvent upgrades to junior suites tells enough about the attitude of hotel management towards the chains most loyal customer. Thanks for this confirmation.
Agree, although I think this is more of a chain wide move to standardize benefits. Of course, standardization always moves the bar down rather than up. They did confirm there has been new management at the hotel, so this could also be a factor.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: IHG
[QUOTE=PremExecSNA;27816598]
Originally Posted by boekel

Agree, although I think this is more of a chain wide move to standardize benefits. Of course, standardization always moves the bar down rather than up. They did confirm there has been new management at the hotel, so this could also be a factor.
IIRC the management changed in January 2016 with with the manager of IC Budapest taking over.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:14 pm

[QUOTE=turner32;27819519]
Originally Posted by PremExecSNA

IIRC the management changed in January 2016 with with the manager of IC Budapest taking over.
If you are talking about the IC Berlin (which the quote suggests) thats not correct.

Robert Herr left end of August 2015 (taking over both ICs in Beirut) and
Aernout De Jong, former GM CP Amsterdam, took over - and is still there.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:36 pm

IC Berlin

IC Berlin

Yes, it was okay.
Booked Deluxe Room King got Junior Suite at the 3rd floor with view (to a flat roof) .
How are the rooms?
It's a small suite with a door between the narrow living area and the sleeping room. Nice shower and bath tub separated.
How is the exec. lounge?
Did not go to the club, lost interest since some stays ago. Even for breakfast I prefer the restaurant if I stay in the wing far away from the lounge.

Nuts and chocolate.

How was the minibar?
Sparkling whine, white and red whine, a few spirits and the usual soft drinks. Was only refilled after the first night, not after the second.

-Good
  • Great staff at breakfast in restaurant. They even remember my special wishes and care well for me.
  • One of the best pools for swimming in Berlin. (As good as Pulman just accross the street)
  • Good restaurant in the former cigar lounge. Here they have the atmosphere, I would rather expect from a club lounge.
  • Staff brought my visitors to my room, not necessary to go down to the lobby.
Bad
  • Not possible to connect with room number and name to the wireless, but could only get slower connection by selecting "24h free access". Complained two times, got promised to get feedback, I never got. (I have always this problem in a room close to the elevator at 3rd floor if they set up a special wireless for a conference. Fortunately this happens just once in 10 stays.)
  • As almost always the Ambassador treatment arrived hours after arrival at my room.

While the only RA benefit for me is probably the free mini-bar, because I doubt as an Ambassador I would get a worse upgrade, and Club is not any longer of any value to me at this hotel, the value for $ is still great.
Would you return?
Yes I will.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
InterContinental Hong Kong

InterContinental Hong Kong

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely!

Booked 3 nights Superior Harbour View room combined with 5 Reward Nights for CNY week (Total 8nights). Received Deluxe Junior Suite (#xx16). Last 2 nights I asked to up-sell for Superior Suite (#1730)

How are the rooms?
Deluxe Junior Suite:
Great as always. Well known among everyone, 50sqm Harbour View Room.

Superior Suite:
Wow! Great Room! I think this room is most high cost performance room in this hotel.
Full harbour view, genuine suite room (separated to living and bedroom), Nespresso, Jacuzzi, and specious walk-in closet. It seems approx. 100SQM.

How is the Club Lounge?
Fantastic a la carte breakfast selections, Super friendly and helpful staff. Superb as always.

How was the mini-bar?
Great Selection of beverages as always.

What was your welcome gift?
Bottle of Champagne, Personal Organizer, Tea box, Rose flower, and Chinese New Year Special Sweets Assortment.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes, Replenished every night.

Excellent Everything!! I caught a cold during this stay, hotel staff fully supported me.
Rental Cellular Phone is upgraded to 4G.

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Sure!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
IC Paris Le Grand

InterContinental Paris Le Grand

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely!

Booked cheapest, classic room with BOGO, got Prestige Suite

How are the rooms?
Approx. 55 sqm
Classic, elegant style
Seperate living room with desk and couch
Large bedroom
Only one toilet (close to the living room)
large bathroom with tub and (small) shower
Excellent toiletries

How is the Club Lounge?
Fantastic.
Excellent service and good breakfast and happy hour

Good

Great staff
Very good upgrade
Champage as welcome present
Faultless room
Excellent club lounge

Value for € or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Anytime
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Intercontinentak Bucharest

Intercontinental Bucharest

Yes

Booked cheapest, received Exec suite

How are the rooms?
A little warn and dated but nice nonetheless. 1 bedroom and one living room, it is two normal rooms opened up into one large suite. Two bathrooms with L'occitane amenities. The main bathroom has a Jacuzzi bath.

How is the exec. lounge?

Beautiful view over the city, nice service, stylish design. I enjoy this lounge, I have only ever been during breakfast and dinner so do not know service during the day.

Yeah, bottle of red wine, sweet biscuits and fruit.

How was the minibar?

There were two minibars in this room but nothing exceptional. They have never charged me for the food.

It is difficult to complain about the bad with how cheap this hotel is. The only downside is the rooms could do with a bit of a facelift, it is all a bit too dark.

-Good
Service
Breakfast and food
Lounge
Good upgrade, not sure how many categories
Wifi is ok

-Bad
Hotel is a bit dark and dull.

Yes!

Would you return?
I often do.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Intercontinental Prague

Intercontinental Prague

In almost every way, yes. BUT, the wifi is terrible, even the premium wifi.

booked cheapest, received junior suite & lounge.

How are the rooms?
1 bathroom, 1 bedroom, 1 lounge area suite. Rooms are nice but a little worn.

How is the exec. lounge?
Good service, good food but they are very strict to removing the hot dinner at 19:30.

Some people like that this lounge has several rooms, for me I prefer a large open lounge.

Wine, fruit and some simple sweet / savoury snacks.

How was the minibar?
Nothing special, standard hotel minibar.

-Good
Upgrade
Service
Good food! - lovely top floor restaurant
Brilliant breakfast manager lady (not sure what her title is?)
-Bad
The bed has 2x single ducets, you have to request a double
Terrible wifi

Yes

Would you return?
Yes, for both business and pleasure.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC San Juan

Yes

Booked 1 KING BED CLUB IC and received 1KNG BD CLUB IC STE POOL VIEW.

This is a one room category upgrade. There are two suites that I've stayed in in the past that are much more spectacular than the suite we received this time. I would consider those suites a "two category upgrade". Neither suite was available. After much discussion on the 1 or 2 room category upgrades, we were told we could have the breakfast buffet in the restaurant and it would be comped.

How are the rooms?
They are OK but a little dark (not a lot of natural light gets in). The bathrooms have been remodeled since the last time we had one of these suites

How is the exec. lounge?
For breakfast, it is more continental (fruit, bagels, pastries, cereal, cheese, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, etc). There are no hot items but there is a breakfast frittata. They now have a cava sparking wine available at breakfast which is a fabulous touch! This was not available when we were there this time last year.

The cocktail hour is 5 - 7pm (really wish they would change it to 6 - 8pm to allow for longer beach time!). Wine and beer, no liquor. Cheese, meat, fruit, veggies, and a hot platter of appetizers that varied every night. One night they had excellent crab cakes, but usually it was some kind of meat app.

Bag of ground Puerto Rican coffee, plus two bottles of water and a tray with one apple, one cookie, and small portions of nuts and dried fruit. The water was not replenished the entire time we were there.

How was the minibar?
Pretty good! 2 local beers, 2 Heinekens, one split of red wine, one split of white wine, mini vodkas, rums, scotch, and plenty of water, soda, sparking water. No champagne, though. This is the second year this hotel has had a "real" mini bar. In the past for RA, they would fill up the empty fridge with soda, water, beer.

-Good
Champagne at breakfast! The location of this hotel is great. Very close to the airport, lots of great restaurants nearby with local food. It's on a beautiful beach.

-Bad
Hot items at the Club Breakfast would be a good addition and more variety at the cocktail hour. Also, really wish they replenished the Ambassador amenity water every day.

Excellent -- we booked a fully refundable Cyber Week Sale rate which was very inexpensive for this property and room type.

Would you return?
Yes, definitely
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
cancun

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?yes

cheapest and upgraded to a suite
How are the rooms?
The hotel has been renovated recently but the suite was basic
How is the exec. lounge?
awesome lounge. Huge great service and its huge
yes a bottle of local win of some sort
How was the minibar?
basic
the hotel is on the BEST part of the beach in Cancun.
-Good

-Bad

less than $100 for a room so its a great deal
Would you return?[/QUOTE]
yes booked again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.